Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cameron Coxe ‘

Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:29 am

Cameron Coxe: Colchester United sign Solihull Moors defender on loan

Saturday 3rd July 2021

Cameron Coxe was at one stage suppose to be one of the best young stars to come out of Welsh clubs Cardiff City’s Accademy and the South Wales Media labelled him as Cardiff’s future star.

Cameron Coxe has represented Wales at several age-group levels
League Two side Colchester United have signed defender Cameron Coxe on an 18-month loan from Solihull Moors.

The Wales Under-21 international, 22, made 25 appearances for the National League Moors last season after joining from Cardiff.

Coxe came through the Bluebirds' academy, making four appearances for the club across the FA Cup and EFL Cup.

Colchester, managed by Hayden Mullins finished six points above the relegation zone in 20th last season.

He has represented his country at U17s, U19, U20s and U21s levels, making his debut for the U21s less than two weeks after his Cardiff debut.

Cameron has already met his new U's teammates as they went through their two days of testing this week, and will be back at Florence Park for the first day of pre-season training on Monday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cameron Coxe ‘

Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cameron Coxe: Colchester United sign Solihull Moors defender on loan

Saturday 3rd July 2021

Cameron Coxe was at one stage suppose to be one of the best young stars to come out of Welsh clubs Cardiff City’s Accademy and the South Wales Media labelled him as Cardiff’s future star.

League Two side Colchester United have signed defender Cameron Coxe on an 18-month loan from Solihull Moors.

The Wales Under-21 international, 22, made 25 appearances for the National League Moors last season after joining from Cardiff.

Coxe came through the Bluebirds' academy, making four appearances for the club across the FA Cup and EFL Cup.

Colchester, managed by Hayden Mullins finished six points above the relegation zone in 20th last season.

He has represented his country at U17s, U19, U20s and U21s levels, making his debut for the U21s less than two weeks after his Cardiff debut.

Cameron has already met his new U's teammates as they went through their two days of testing this week, and will be back at Florence Park for the first day of pre-season training on Monday.

Just another lower leagues player we released , were man city really interested? Sounds like bullshit,I remember some people beating the club over this its obvious that he just isnt good enough probably found his level tbh

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:01 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cameron Coxe: Colchester United sign Solihull Moors defender on loan

Saturday 3rd July 2021

Just another lower leagues player we released , were man city really interested? Sounds like bullshit,I remember some people beating the club over this its obvious that he just isnt good enough probably found his level tbh

define interest ..... player has a particularly good game while a scout is watching so the club the scout is attached to keeps tabs and possibly sends someone to watch a few times....happens all the time . its what scouts /clubs do....

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:04 am

skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Saturday 3rd July 2021

define interest ..... player has a particularly good game while a scout is watching so the club the scout is attached to keeps tabs and possibly sends someone to watch a few times....happens all the time . its what scouts /clubs do....

bids turned down etc were reported ,I think it was all bs

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:11 am

wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Saturday 3rd July 2021

bids turned down etc were reported ,I think it was all bs

i didnt realise people had been claiming that we had received bids...

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:16 am

wez1927 wrote:

Saturday 3rd July 2021

I agree Wez, the media and some tried to hype Coxe big time as they have with some many other of our youngsters when really as you say many are lower league standard.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:19 am

I watched him a few times whilst playing for the U-23's.

He definitely had potential but I always thought he wasn't a natural right-back. Personally I would pushed him further forward.

Saw him utilised as a right winger on a couple of occasions and he looked very good and linked up well with Mark Harris.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Saturday 3rd July 2021

I agree Wez, the media and some tried to hype Coxe big time as they have with some many other of our youngsters when really as you say many are lower league standard.

Media over hype them ,then the club get it in the neck when they are released

Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:31 pm

You find it all the time that a player who is on the fringe and not likely to get a contract supposedly has another team interested Rumour usually spread by friends ,family members or agent The player was clearly not good enough for the level we were at

Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Cameron and his family are friends of mine and I am very pleased that he is back in the leagues. He has played at every level for Wales except the senior team and is a very good player. He will definitely make a career out of football and hopefully rise through the leagues. Probably not ready for City in the Championship but also not ready to be written off, many players make it later in their lives, Vardy or Kiefer Moore being prime examples.
He loved being a City player and was very proud of that fact, so were all of us in our small village and we all hope he does brilliantly for Colchester and fulfils his ambitions.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:11 pm

corky wrote:Cameron and his family are friends of mine and I am very pleased that he is back in the leagues. He has played at every level for Wales except the senior team and is a very good player. He will definitely make a career out of football and hopefully rise through the leagues. Probably not ready for City in the Championship but also not ready to be written off, many players make it later in their lives, Vardy or Kiefer Moore being prime examples.
He loved being a City player and was very proud of that fact, so were all of us in our small village and we all hope he does brilliantly for Colchester and fulfils his ambitions.

Hope he does well mate ,like you said just don't think he was good enough for us but hopefully he does well at Colchester seems to be his level atm

Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:50 pm

corky wrote:Cameron and his family are friends of mine and I am very pleased that he is back in the leagues. He has played at every level for Wales except the senior team and is a very good player. He will definitely make a career out of football and hopefully rise through the leagues. Probably not ready for City in the Championship but also not ready to be written off, many players make it later in their lives, Vardy or Kiefer Moore being prime examples.

hope he continues to progress as i do with all boys released..

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:38 pm

Cameron Coxe? Isn’t he the Man City right back? Or is that Regan Poole? He was going to United actually wasn’t he?

What about that sell on clause for Bale?

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:17 pm

Got slated on here and Twitter when I told everyone he wasn't going to Man City.

This move proves that he'll never be good enough for them.

But he may well make it back to Championship level if gets a bit of luck.

Good luck to him.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:56 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Got slated on here and Twitter when I told everyone he wasn't going to Man City.

This move proves that he'll never be good enough for them.

But he may well make it back to Championship level if gets a bit of luck.

Good luck to him.

You only got skated by those people who believe the ridiculous rumour Anyone with any knowledge of football could see he was not good enough for that level The fact he is playing where he is now is proof 99% of people did not believe it but could not be bothered in getting into a debate
That said it would be great for the kid to prove us all wrong and have a great future in football