Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF FANS WANT LEE TOMLIN GONE / MAX WATTERS AND

Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:57 pm

Cardiff City fans eager to keep injury-plagued striker and make big Lee Tomlin transfer call

Cardiff City supporters have had their say on the state of the squad

SATURDAY 3 JUL 2021

By Glen Williams

Media Wales

Mick McCarthy, manager of Cardiff City, has a busy summer ahead of him

Cardiff City supporters have had their say on the Bluebirds' squad - and have acted in the role of director of football to make some key decisions.

In our recent keep/sell survey, the Cardiff faithful made up their minds on the state of Mick McCarthy's squad ahead of the 21/22 Championship season.

And they were clear on what they expect the club to do in the transfer window when it comes to the future of some current Cardiff stars.

Bluebirds supporters were clear on what they thought of Aden Flint, Isaac Vassell with that trio gaining the highest percentage of 'keep' votes at 95% or higher.

Vassell was backed by 97% of fans as a player City need to keep this summer, despite his stay in the Welsh capital being dogged by injuries.

The striker has player just twice in two years, with his last Bluebirds appearance coming back in August 2019.

However, it seems plenty of City fans are keen on seeing him given a fair crack of the whip under Mick McCarthy.

Cardiff fans also feel strongly that Kieffer Moore (88%), Josh Murphy (74%), Will Vaulks (81%), Tom Sang (90%), Leandro Bacuna (81%), Ciaron Brown (87%), Dillon Phillips (90%) should stay put. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Alex Smithes, Curtis Nelson and Joel Bagancan stay put for now, as well, according to survey takers. :bluebird:

CARDIFF FANS THINK ITS TIME TO SAY GOODBYE TO LEE TOMLIN / MAX WATTERS AND JOE RALLS

Meanwhile, and despite only signing for the club back in January, fans believe it could well be time to say goodbye to striker Max Watters, along with club stalwart Joe Ralls, and mercurial playmaker Lee Tomlin, who's seeming struggled to make an impact on McCarthy.

For the single loan option, fans wanted youngster Mark Harris to spend some time away to see first-team action.

McCarthy has a lot on his plate before the new season kicks off - with a minor overhaul requested by passionate fans who want to see five squad players depart.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CARDIFF FANS WANT LEE TOMLIN GONE / MAX WATTERS AND

Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:59 pm

Your Views?

Mine is I wish we could move Tomlin out as no matter how fit he becomes this season, what happened to the other three and a half years and bad influence on and off the pitch.

Max Watters lower league striker.

Joe Ralls deserves another season :bluebird:

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:02 pm

The team is better with Ralls in it.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:04 pm

97% want to keep Vassell and only 88% want to keep Moore? It seems Cardiff fans truly are the Barmy Army :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:08 pm

A garbage poll, by a garbage rag and an even worse website :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:14 pm

What a load of shite.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:20 pm

Tomlin and Vassell need to go. Complete waste of money.

Tomlin only gets himself fit when he needs a new contract and Vassell is always injured.

Ralls should stay though, decent Championship player.

Watters doesn't look good enough for this level. Seemed like an impulse buy because he'd scored a few goals in League Two - reminds me of Eoin Doyle.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:20 pm

Ralls is total and utter crap. He’s crap in possession and he’s crap without it - liability the sooner he goes the better.
Tomlin can be great on his day but any injury and he loses fitness and changes shape
I forgot we had the other striker.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:44 pm

So we want to keep a 2 appearances in 2 years striker more than a striker who scored 20 odd goals last season?
97% want Brown against 90% for Phillips who was outstanding at times.
Not a Cardiff fan poll .....made up rollicks...only guess they had right was Tomlin.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:58 pm

Both are injury prone / struggle to stay match fit.
IMHO if we could get both off the wage bill then I would. M
Both can sit on large wages til the end of the season as they’re under contract so if we can get a tune out of Tomlin in particular then he could make a difference if he stays fit.
Either way, I wouldn’t be offering either of them a new contract based on poor appearance record of both (for whatever reasons) since they’ve been here.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:24 pm

I’d 100% stick with Tommo. The last time he got this fit he was outstanding. I think his mentality has changed and he was unlucky last season. If Mick believes in him like Harris did, then we have got one of the best players in the league on our hands.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:39 pm

So where was this poll taken?
It sounds like made up nonsense to me. Just doesn’t make sense.

Regards Tomlin, if he’s fit in pre season training and unless we could get a 7 figure fee for him I’d keep him as per Dazzy’s post above.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:48 pm

Williams is on drugs.. its the only possible explanation for this utter bollox..

Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:53 pm

out of interest did anyone on here take part in this vote... and if so were you one of those that voted to keep Vassell and not keep Moore and why ....

Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:32 pm

Escott1927 wrote:What a load of shite.

Init haha

Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:15 pm

Nobody on this board would vote to keep vassel ffs

Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:24 pm

I never voted and never will in the media Wales polls, massive joke :lol:

Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:25 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:Nobody on this board would vote to keep vassel ffs

:thumbup:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:29 am

I think the Cardiff Fans were taking the piss in this survey if 97% wanted Vassell to stay.
Cant see him ever bothering to play again. Good money being wasted on his wages. Use the wages on someone who wants to play and can contribute to the team. Get rid of him ASAP.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:07 am

Eager to keep Vassell. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:56 am

This has to be one of the most "dodgy" polls ever published! Can the 97% that voted for Vassell to stay please be identified!!
They must one of 3 things:

1 Bristol City fans
2 Swansea fans
3 On drugs

I'm not saying that Vassell is not good enough or has a bad attitude as I just don't know, and with Kieffer Moore only getting 88% it makes me wonder whether this poll was supposed to be published on 1st April! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:13 pm

NPCF3 wrote:A garbage poll, by a garbage rag and an even worse website :lol:

Glen is comedy gold - he comes up with some tripe