Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Posh cool Watters interest as Cardiff hierarchy want him to

Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:50 pm

Posh cool Watters interest as Cardiff hierarchy want him to stay at Cardiff.

By Glen Williams

03/07/2021

Peterborough have reportedly cooled their interest in Cardiff striker Max Watters this summer.

Watters, who signed from Crawley shortly before the January arrival of boss Mick McCarthy, has found game time hard to come by in the Welsh capital, having made just one Championship start last season.

It’s believed McCarthy wanted to move Watters on, but has been told he should stay.

The arrival of Collins, the form of star man Kieffer Moore, and indeed the speculation linking Cardiff with further attacking reinforcements in recent weeks, has understandably sparked questions over the 22-year old's future.

Peterborough were one side believed to be keen on taking the striker, but according to the Peterborough Telegraph, the Bluebirds hierarchy are reluctant to move the former Crawley Town man on, having shelled out £250,000 on him only last January and they believe Max Walters will come good.

A loan move to East Anglia has also seemingly been ruled out, and Posh may well now be eager to look at other targets.

Millwall boss makes Delap admissio

Re: Posh cool Watters interest as Cardiff hierarchy want him

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:23 am

If true.....yet again our hieracrchy interfere with want McCarthy wants..there football knowledge abounds

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:23 am

If true.....yet again our hieracrchy interfere with want McCarthy wants..their football knowledge abounds

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:44 am

kimble wrote:If true.....yet again our hieracrchy interfere with want McCarthy wants..their football knowledge abounds

And you know what MM wants :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:31 am

Igovernor wrote:
kimble wrote:If true.....yet again our hieracrchy interfere with want McCarthy wants..their football knowledge abounds

In fairness he is simply responding to what is being said in the article. It says MM wanted him out, the board said no.

As soon as I read it, my reaction was once again, board interference in team matters. The article, whether it is to be believed or not, is quite clear.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:53 am

Barclay1 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

In fairness he is simply responding to what is being said in the article. It says MM wanted him out, the board said no.

As soon as I read it, my reaction was once again, board interference in team matters. The article, whether it is to be believed or not, is quite clear.

In fairness he's talking through his arse and so are you.

Theres no direct quote from MM or the club for that matter,its all just filler and guesswork,good enough for you though eh?

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:05 am

I think a loan was always going to be the best option for him. We should have bought him and loaned him straight back to Crawley really.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:09 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

In fairness he's talking through his arse and so are you.

Theres no direct quote from MM or the club for that matter,its all just filler and guesswork,good enough for you though eh?

More than happy for you to have your opinion. You may be right.... But then so might I be, Neither of us know for sure, but I choose to believe there is more than an ounce of truth in what is written.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:50 am

Barclay1 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

as soon as you read it , your first reaction should have been ...oh its this Glen fella making shit up again....
its only yesterday he was claiming more of us would like to see Vassell here next season than see Kiefer here... nothing against Vassell and i really hope he catches a break....but really...

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:14 am

Sneggy ..i said "IF TRUE" I am not talking thru my arse...and i dont resort to insulting people either

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:26 am

I doubt we will see much of Watters this season if anything at all.

I can see him being loan out before the start of the season. If an offer came up for him he will be sold. I'm not sure why the board want to keep him tbh.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:32 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I doubt we will see much of Watters this season if anything at all.

I can see him being loan out before the start of the season. If an offer came up for him he will be sold. I'm not sure why the board want to keep him tbh.

Ian,

Watters was a board signing not Harris.

As to Big Mick fully I backed him when he arrived.
I have big reservations about him now and yes I am am worried but that’s just my view.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:10 pm

Igovernor wrote:

It was the voices in his head, Rog... ;) :laughing6:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:56 pm

Chris...did you read it nad i said if it was true..the article said it not me...jesus

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:50 pm

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

It was the voices in his head, Rog... ;) :laughing6:

Chris, as long as it was not voices in my head :laughing6: