Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Fulham ‘

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:35 am

Marco Silva is new Fulham boss
All Championship clubs have a manger (for now).

The 43-year-old Portuguese has signed a three-year contract and succeeds Scott Parker, who left on Monday to take over at Bournemouth.

Former Fulham star Luis Boa Morte has returned to the club as assistant boss.

Silva first came to England to manage Hull City in January 2017 and has also had spells in charge at Sporting Lisbon and Olympiakos.

"I'm really pleased and proud to be appointed head coach of such a historic football club," said Silva, who began his managerial career at Estoril.

"I'm excited to get started and my message for our fans ahead of this big challenge is we will all be working very hard together to be successful so they can feel proud at the end of the season."

Re: ‘ Fulham ‘

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:37 am

What would us Cardiff fans think of Tony Khan as an owner?

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:57 am

maccydee wrote:What would us Cardiff fans think of Tony Khan as an owner?

Dont know much about him but he seems to put his money where his mouth is. Another fairly high profile expensive profile.

I was thinking that there would be a time when Fulhams backers ran out of patience and that they might need a period of rebuilding and consolidation.

Not so apparantly.

From the miniscule amount I know about him, Id swap him for Tan in a heartbeat but im sure there may be underlying stories that change my mind....like his disparaging comments on our style of play when Warnock pipped him to an automatic promotion spot a few years back :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:11 am

Barclay1 wrote:
maccydee wrote:What would us Cardiff fans think of Tony Khan as an owner?

Dont know much about him but he seems to put his money where his mouth is. Another fairly high profile expensive profile.

I was thinking that there would be a time when Fulhams backers ran out of patience and that they might need a period of rebuilding and consolidation.

Not so apparantly.

From the miniscule amount I know about him, Id swap him for Tan in a heartbeat but im sure there may be underlying stories that change my mind....like his disparaging comments on our style of play when Warnock pipped him to an automatic promotion spot a few years back :lol:

I know quite a bit about him. He’s also the owner of AEW which is a wrestling federation in the States and he runs Jacksonville Jaguars. He’s very hands on with the wrestling and US Football team. Less so with Fulham now but that’s because he had significant kickback.

Basically his old man has given him his inheritance early and he’s doing things he enjoys. That’s why he’s less keen on Fulham as his dad bought that. He also got some stick from the Fulham fans a while back and there were numerous Twitter debates.

I think had he bought Cardiff it would have had potential to be like the Sam days again. Like you said he puts his money where his mouth is and he is very much a character who would love the sort of adulation we would give him if he put his money in and said the right things and most importantly we were successful.

However he’s not a brilliant businessman but that’s more because he is generous. For example he won’t release any wrestlers during the pandemic despite not using them and income being down. He’s a people person.