Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Swansea want Harry Wilson ‘

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Swansea City to battle rivals for Liverpool star as Hull City face competition for Bluebirds ace

Football 24/7

Sunday 4th July 2021

Swansea City are interested in Liverpool ace and Cardiff City target Harry Wilson.

Swansea City in again for Liverpool star Harry Wilson

Swansea City are reportedly back in for Liverpool and Wales ace Harry Wilson, who is also a target for Cardiff City.

The Reds forward enjoyed a decent loan spell with the Bluebirds last term, scoring seven goals and registering 12 assists after joining in October.

He decided to join Cardiff despite interest from sever other Championship clubs, including Swansea City.

Now, according to the Mail on Sunday and the Sun on Sunday, Steve Cooper is keen to explore the possibility of financing a move for the player who has two years left to run on his Liverpool deal.

Cardiff have also let their interest be known to Liverpool over taking him on loan again next term, however the overwhelming sense is that the Anfield club will be looking for a transfer fee for him this time to bolster their own squad.

Portuguese outfit Benfica are believed to be interested in signing the player, while Fulham and Brentford have emerged as "realistic options" this week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Swansea want Harry Wilson ‘

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Liverpool will want to sell him not loan out a player with one year left on his contract.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Danny Says wrote:Liverpool will want to sell him not loan out a player with one year left on his contract.

Danny it’s 2 years left on his contract.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Liverpool will want to sell him not loan out a player with one year left on his contract.

Really I was sure I read 12 months - but yes you’re spot on having just checked - so let’s hope he does not go down west :shock:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:19 pm

Maybe he'll go there this time, think they wanted him last year as well but he chose us?

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:20 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Really I was sure I read 12 months - but yes you’re spot on having just checked - so let’s hope he does not go down west :shock:

That was what was originally put out, but it is 2 years.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Are the pwggos really going to pay £10-15m?
Cant see it tbh.. He doesn't want to go there now he's got blue in his veins...

If its loan surely us, otherwise I'd like to think Brentford would be a good fit for him

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

So another loan could be on the cards for next season .

Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:43 am

RYANBLUE wrote:Are the pwggos really going to pay £10-15m?
Cant see it tbh.. He doesn't want to go there now he's got blue in his veins...

If its loan surely us, otherwise I'd like to think Brentford would be a good fit for him

Have to agree, us because he knows the set up (plus fck would he face some flack going west :banghead: ) and was thinking the same about Brentford, they play good football, but could well become whipping boys unless they spend some serious wonga ;)
But they could afford the £10m for sure!

Come on! Come on! Hurry up Harry come on! :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:28 am

With regards to his contract, it had one year left going into 2021/22 season with an option to extend by an extra year to 2022/23, which I understand has been triggered. So yes, two years left.

Go get him city.

Hopefully, with some extra movement and guile in midfield/attack, HW would be even better than last season.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:34 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:With regards to his contract, it had one year left going into 2021/22 season with an option to extend by an extra year to 2022/23, which I understand has been triggered. So yes, two years left.

Go get him city.

Hopefully, with some extra movement and guile in midfield/attack, HW would be even better than last season.

He has two years left on a 5 year contract which was signed in 2018, it was a full 5 years not 4 and an extension!

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:51 am

Igovernor wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:With regards to his contract, it had one year left going into 2021/22 season with an option to extend by an extra year to 2022/23, which I understand has been triggered. So yes, two years left.

Go get him city.

He has two years left on a 5 year contract which was signed in 2018, it was a full 5 years not 4 and an extension!

Either way, the fact he has two years left means another loan move is more likely than we anticipated when we thought it was only a year left.

If he doesn't come to us I would love him to go to Benfica for the sake of Wales.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:03 am

I think we should push the boat out for Wilson.

Almost invariably the teams that get promoted have a player that can produce a bit of magic out of nothing.

In our first promotion year we had Whitts and Much. Even under Warnock we had Hoilett and NML.

Tomlin nearly got us up in 2020 (he actually stayed fit for 6 weeks !!).

If McCarthy could get Wilson back, keep Moore and then mould his team around them that could be really exciting. Having Tomlin as an option on the bench would be much more palatable than having to depend on him as our main creative player :bluebird:

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:14 am

piledriver64 wrote:I think we should push the boat out for Wilson.

Almost invariably the teams that get promoted have a player that can produce a bit of magic out of nothing.

In our first promotion year we had Whitts and Much. Even under Warnock we had Hoilett and NML.

If McCarthy could get Wilson back, keep Moore and then mould his team around them that could be really exciting. Having Tomlin as an option on the bench would be much more palatable than having to depend on him as our main creative player :bluebird:

But city never really got the best out of him - apart from the odd game especially at Bham (against kids) -as they haven’t got the quality players around him and the managers were unsure where to play him so more often than not he was a round peg in a square hole.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:50 am

Danny Says wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:I think we should push the boat out for Wilson.

But city never really got the best out of him - apart from the odd game especially at Bham (against kids) -as they haven’t got the quality players around him and the managers were unsure where to play him so more often than not he was a round peg in a square hole.

Agreed, which is why I said they need to mould the team around him and Moore.

It does seem that McCarthy prefers to play with more central midfield players relying on wing backs for width, which I think suits Wilson much more, at this level in particular. Wilson needs to be more central and on the ball more often.

It's still a bit of a long shot that he will re-sign but more encouraging than it looked last week.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:38 am

I think Mick got more out of Wilson than Harris did.

Hopefully Mick will make some further changes in midfield that would benefit Wilson, i.e. add in some pace and forward thinking central midfielders.

So overall I think a full preseason with Mick and the team will hugely benefit Wilson.