Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Oxford and Hull City want Cardiff City player ‘

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:27 pm

Oxford United want Hull City target Gavin Whyte back

Sunday 4th July 2021

Gavin Whyte's former club Oxford United are set to rival Hull City for the winger's signature, according to reports.

The Northern Ireland international joined from the Us back in 2019 for a fee believed to be around £2m and was a regular fixture in Neil Warnock's sides in the early part of that season.

However, following the appointment of Neil Harris, he fell out of favour and found game time hard to come by, eventually resulting in a loan move to the MKM Stadium back in January.

He impressed, by and large, up at Hull, and it is the reason why the Tigers are believed to be interested in a permanent transfer for the player.

Hull City would 'love' to sign Gavin Whyte

HullLive now report that Cardiff are ready to sell Whyte this summer and that League One outfit Oxford are showing in interest in signing him from under Hull's noses.

It is claimed the big stumbling block for both clubs would be Cardiff's asking price, given their expenditure on signing the player in the first place and the fact he has two years left to run on his deal in the Welsh capital.

Cardiff are reportedly wanting £1million for Whyte.

Whyte scored four goals in 20 appearances for Hull last year, helping them achieve promotion to the Championship.

Re: ‘ Oxford and Hull City want Cardiff City player ‘

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:24 am

Would love to get £1m for Whyte but I can't see it in the present financial climate.

Probably a loan move will materialise and at least we will make a saving on wages.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:42 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Would love to get £1m for Whyte but I can't see it in the present financial climate.

Probably a loan move will materialise and at least we will make a saving on wages.

Agree, I don’t think we’ll get anywhere near a mill for him.

Inconsistency seems to be an ongoing theme with this guy as it is for many wingers but I’d definitely out him if possible.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:02 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Would love to get £1m for Whyte but I can't see it in the present financial climate.

Inconsistency seems to be an ongoing theme with this guy as it is for many wingers but I’d definitely out him if possible.

Very sensitive subject nowadays - if you're intending to "out him" probably best to let him "out" himself. :thumbup:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:30 am

davids wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Very sensitive subject nowadays - if you're intending to "out him" probably best to let him "out" himself. :thumbup:

:laughing6: :laughing6:

You’re probably right.
I’ve never been that PC!