Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Boris Johnson’s Announces Full Capacities But Will

Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:15 pm

But will Drakeford in Wales do the same m?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Boris Johnson’s Announces Full Capacities But Will

Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:35 pm

Annis spoke to someone at club the other day and they feel even with restrictions they'll be able to accommodate all season ticket holders if spread around whole stadium? But that's not taking into account drakefords decision as he as not set date unlike rest uk for lifting restrictions..... so no idea what he's planning. :?

Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:38 pm

Drakefords a blighter, he won’t give us our freedom back, he’s enjoying the power!

Ah well plenty of day trips over the bridge into England!

Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Does it specify whether away fans will be allowed or just full capacity for home supporters?

Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:45 pm

craig1927 wrote:Drakefords a blighter, he won’t give us our freedom back, he’s enjoying the power!

Ah well plenty of day trips over the bridge into England!

With you on this, he’s ruckin useless.
He just wants to try and control us

Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:53 pm

Looks like more chance of seeing us away than home

Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:58 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Does it specify whether away fans will be allowed or just full capacity for home supporters?

Considering all restrictions indoors are lifted along with no restrictions on travel within uk cannot see any reason for away fans being banned... :old:

Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:46 pm

EFL statement: return of fans.

Chief Executive Trevor Birch has responded to the latest Government announcement
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:25 pm

Drakeford is such a prick.

Every club in the Championship will be able to have full stadia to cheer on their teams next season except us and the Jacks who will have a couple of thousand rattling around in the grounds.

No way will the travel groups by able to organise proper away trips as Drakeford's social distancing rules will ensure that with only 10 or so people allowed on a 60 seater coach there is no way that running coaches will be financially viable. Perhaps we'll all have to travel to the border with England and the coaches can pick us up there so we can travel with no restrictions.

Most vaccinations in the UK, fewest infections in the UK, fewest hospitalisations in the UK, fewest deaths in the UK. Are the WAG really following "the data?"

If so, what possible justification can there be for continuing with restrictions for as long as possible other than the simple reason that the WAG are deeply reluctant to give up the control they are exerting on a compliant Welsh population?

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:01 pm

Don’t worry about it. Boris has jumped the gun over this and will have to backtrack. I’d be very surprised if we reach the new season before restrictions of some sort have to be re-imposed. At the moment, the number of cases is doubling every 9 days which means at some point there will be restrictions put on, even if it isn’t a full lockdown. This will happen until they are sure that the NHS isn’t going to be swamped.

Mark Drakeford is just being sensible, not promising something which he really has no control over.

I really want to get back to live football, but I think we have some way to go yet before we get anything like back to normal.

And if we do go back, it’s going to be vaccinated season ticket holders only for a while.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:07 pm

There will be a whole load more positive cases after Denmark play on Wednesday and even more if, god forbid, there is another match for them to wet themselves about after that.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:14 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Don’t worry about it. Boris has jumped the gun over this and will have to backtrack. I’d be very surprised if we reach the new season before restrictions of some sort have to be re-imposed. At the moment, the number of cases is doubling every 9 days which means at some point there will be restrictions put on, even if it isn’t a full lockdown. This will happen until they are sure that the NHS isn’t going to be swamped.

Mark Drakeford is just being sensible, not promising something which he really has no control over.

I really want to get back to live football, but I think we have some way to go yet before we get anything like back to normal.

And if we do go back, it’s going to be vaccinated season ticket holders only for a while.

how sure do they want to be.. the NHS was not swamped and did not come close... in fact the highest bed occupancy in 2020 was in the January prior to covid.....

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:03 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Don’t worry about it. Boris has jumped the gun over this and will have to backtrack. I’d be very surprised if we reach the new season before restrictions of some sort have to be re-imposed. At the moment, the number of cases is doubling every 9 days which means at some point there will be restrictions put on, even if it isn’t a full lockdown. This will happen until they are sure that the NHS isn’t going to be swamped.

how sure do they want to be.. the NHS was not swamped and did not come close... in fact the highest bed occupancy in 2020 was in the January prior to covid.....

So the lockdowns worked then?

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:39 pm

stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?
keep playing Borris { your hero } says......

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:22 pm

4 Nations Working Together .... :roll:

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:34 pm

skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Number of cases by date since testing began. Lockdown periods in red, partial lockdowns in light red:
Lockdown 1.png

I'm only going off of the England lockdown dates, but England makes up about 90% of the Covid cases in the UK so the trends will follow England's case data.

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July
- 5th November – 2nd December
- 3rd December Tier system brought into effect.
- 6th January – 12th April.
- Hospitality allowed to open with outdoor seating only.
- 17th May. Hospitality allowed customers indoors.

And to compare with the above and dispel the arguments that Covid is only seasonal or that cases directly correlate with increased testing, number of daily tests carried out:
Testing 1.png

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:53 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Number of cases by date since testing began. Lockdown periods in red, partial lockdowns in light red:
Lockdown 1.png

I'm only going off of the England lockdown dates, but England makes up about 90% of the Covid cases in the UK so the trends will follow England's case data.

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July

And to compare with the above and dispel the arguments that Covid is only seasonal or that cases directly correlate with increased testing, number of daily tests carried out:
Testing 1.png

i know you love a list / link / graph but what point are you making here....it certainly doesnt prove that lockdowns worked even if your talking purely about covid and not throwing in the thousand and one negatives surrounding lockdowns

Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:27 am

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Lockdown 1.png

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July

Testing 1.png

i know you love a list / link / graph but what point are you making here....it certainly doesnt prove that lockdowns worked even if your talking purely about covid and not throwing in the thousand and one negatives surrounding lockdowns

I thought it was fairly obvious what point I was trying to get across. You think lockdowns don't work yet every time a full lockdown was introduced case numbers quickly plateaued before falling. Then, when lockdowns started easing case numbers rose again. Rinse repeat.
And as I said, the second graph is to show that Covid isn't just seasonal or simply down to number of tests done. Cases are much higher now in July than in March despite testing being much higher in March and the weather now being less suitable for spreading a respiratory virus. Likewise, many more cases in January with much less testing than currently.

So now we've cleared that up. Why do you think those graphs don't prove lockdowns worked in reducing Covid cases and slowing the spread?

And yes I do enjoy a good list/link/graph/etc. Usually it holds a bit more weight than a screenshot off facebook, a "my mate told me..." or, as we usually see, having nothing at all.
The data is easily accessible for anyone to look at and personally I think it's a better method of communicating a point than babbling in confusing half sentences filled with full stops and other nonsense.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:11 am

And a negative, for those who cannot have the jab/s, the club must accept this, along with a letter from gp at start of season,?? :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:36 am

bluesince62 wrote:

And a negative, for those who cannot have the jab/s, the club must accept this, along with a letter from gp at start of season,?? :old: :bluebird:

You would hope that people like yourself can get to games with evidence of being unable to have vaccine? But problem could be that bring a private company they can set out their own rules for admission, not saying it's right but it's the way of the world we live in.... as you've undoubtedly read airlines wont let you fly without wearing mask after july 19th its their prerogative I needed a letter off my gp regarding not wearing a mask when I fly (if its still required)..... but lets hope common sense prevails and we all get to go about out lives unhindered by our medical conditions that restrict us complying with covid rules. :thumbup:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:37 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Lockdown 1.png

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July

Testing 1.png

I thought it was fairly obvious what point I was trying to get across. You think lockdowns don't work yet every time a full lockdown was introduced case numbers quickly plateaued before falling. Then, when lockdowns started easing case numbers rose again. Rinse repeat.
And as I said, the second graph is to show that Covid isn't just seasonal or simply down to number of tests done. Cases are much higher now in July than in March despite testing being much higher in March and the weather now being less suitable for spreading a respiratory virus. Likewise, many more cases in January with much less testing than currently.

So now we've cleared that up. Why do you think those graphs don't prove lockdowns worked in reducing Covid cases and slowing the spread?

And yes I do enjoy a good list/link/graph/etc. Usually it holds a bit more weight than a screenshot off facebook, a "my mate told me..." or, as we usually see, having nothing at all.
The data is easily accessible for anyone to look at and personally I think it's a better method of communicating a point than babbling in confusing half sentences filled with full stops and other nonsense.

:laughing6:

Fair do’s …. I don’t usually …. get involved with all this covid nonsense … but had to laugh …. at your last sentence ….
Babbling …. full … stops … half sentences …..

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:48 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Lockdown 1.png

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July

Testing 1.png

It seems pretty clear that if you lockdown everything that infections from covid will shrink but that the moment any restrictions are lifted cases will rise again. Are you advocating that we remain locked down forever in order to prevent as many people as possible from being infected?

Are there any graphs available for the amount of people who have died directly or indirectly as a result of lockdown for reasons other than covid? Have SAGE or any of the other "modellers" given an estimate of how many people will die from undiagnosed or untreated illnesses over the next few years due to the obsession with covid infections to the exclusion of everything else?

What is the point of the wonder vaccine we were all promised would "set us free" when it's now becoming clear that it will do no such thing?

Yes - lockdowns will always mean that the infection rate for covid will fall but at what cost? Do you think it's possible to eradicate covid forever? Like we've managed to get rid of the common cold and flu? That'll never happen.

I am genuinely interested in how you feel life should be from now on - permanent lockdown? No point in vaccines - they don't appear to be "setting us free". If you were PM (or FM) at what point would you think it safe to not be in total lockdown - if ever?

Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:06 am

Do you think we'll ever "get back to normal"? If so, what needs to happen before we do? When do you think that might be?

Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:20 am

Totally agree with davids ( comments above)states. We know lockdown works but we
have to open up sometime. As Boris said if we don’t do it now when do we open up?

Why don’t we have figures and graphs of who is dying of covid now? Is it the elderly?
Youngsters? People who been jabbed once/twice?
I’m sure I read that this delta variant is mostly hitting youngsters, are they dying of it?

We have to open up and I for one cannot wait to up in Blackpool for the game

Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:58 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Lockdown 1.png

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July

Testing 1.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:25 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Lockdown 1.png

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July

Testing 1.png

Of course lockdowns work, if they were not imposed I dread to think how many more people would have died. People trying to justify why they should not be locked down and allowed to spread the virus. Just selfish :thumbup:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:46 am

Igovernor wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Lockdown 1.png

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July

Testing 1.png

Of course lockdowns work, if they were not imposed I dread to think how many more people would have died. People trying to justify why they should not be locked down and allowed to spread the virus. Just selfish :thumbup:

So do you think we should stay locked down forever? If not, when in your opinion would it be safe to remove lockdown restrictions? When there are zero infections? Do you honestly believe that is an achievable objective?

Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:59 am

davids wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Lockdown 1.png

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July

Testing 1.png

So do you think we should stay locked down forever? If not, when in your opinion would it be safe to remove lockdown restrictions? When there are zero infections? Do you honestly believe that is an achievable objective?

When a very high percentage of the population are fully vaccinated, and that is to include all people who refuse to be vaccinated, apart from the people who cannot be vaccinated :thumbup:
Mark my words there is more to come, I hope I am wrong, but cannot see it!

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:01 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

did they...?

Lockdown 1.png

Lockdowns:
- 23rd March – 4th July

Testing 1.png

An excellent piece of work.100 out of 100.This boy is going places.I would recommend an open uni degree,

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:20 am

davids wrote:

Do you think we'll ever "get back to normal"? If so, what needs to happen before we do? When do you think that might be?

Timelines are a guessing game. There will never be a definite end to this, although eventually it will just fade away. We’re back to normal now - it’s just a different “normal”!

I’m all for re-opening things, but to do away with masks and social distancing because Boris has had enough is not sensible in my opinion. What harm is it to insist that people wear masks on public places or indoor public places which are extra crowded?