Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BBC QUITE ON ERICSSON

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:55 pm

Not much talk about ericsson and all the bigging up of neutrals to get behind Denmark now they are playing "Ingerlund"
The likes of sally nugent on the bbc morning news
especially when the danes where playing wales.
Would' nt it be nice to see them go all the way
prior to them playing wales so much for the bbc supporting the uk teams and the sky presenter kay burley commenting on scotland going out
Your used to going out early.
I have yet to hear anything about Ericsson and the danes since sat.
Typical

Re: BBC QUITE ON ERICSSON

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:09 pm

Agree

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:26 pm

:thumbup:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:10 am

Hadn't thought about it. But you're so right!! They were even interviewing our players about it FFS.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:47 am

I see the coverage of italy v spain gets 30 mins build up tonight
tomorrow denmark v england back to 1 hour
ITV going even more overboard 1 hour 30 mins build up of englands match probably re run of 66 and clips of Gascoigne crying.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:51 am

montyblue wrote:Not much talk about ericsson and all the bigging up of neutrals to get behind Denmark now they are playing "Ingerlund"
prior to them playing wales so much for the bbc supporting the uk teams and the sky presenter kay burley commenting on scotland going out
Typical

He's in the 'recovery' stage and doing exceptionally well for someone who technically died, so thankfully not too much to report on other than that...

Bit of a cheap shot using Ericsson to 'England bash' in that manner, fella; but you never were one to stop and think first were you...? :roll: :oops:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:22 am

SVEN

Bit of a cheap shot to have a go at me about what i said but did' nt exspect anything less from an england lover.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:40 am

montyblue wrote:SVEN

Bit of a cheap shot to have a go at me about what i said but did' nt exspect anything less from an england lover.

You're the one having cheap shots, fella and once again you make itbup as you go along (stopping short of calling you a liar) :oops:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:09 pm

SVEN
sorry fella but you are the one taking cheap shots and making things personal
You know very well i was reffering to the Ericksson event not him personally and the bigging up of the danes by english media so read your 1st reply and tell me you are not the one personalising things with your comment about me
So on your bike "fella"

Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:06 pm

Honestly don't get the England-bashing.

The vast majority on here will have a bigger connection to England than they do Italy, Spain or Denmark.

I hope they win the tournament.

Most people I know round here wanted Wales to win it when we got to the semi finals in 2016.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:19 pm

WORCESTER

Its banter not personal and on the welsh capitals fans forum you are not allowed to say anything about england unless its loving
Grow up we don' t all have to love england.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:27 pm

montyblue wrote:WORCESTER

Its banter not personal and on the welsh capitals fans forum you are not allowed to say anything about england unless its loving
Grow up we don' t all have to love england.

agree with you re the coverage prior to our game against Denmark....but not so much going forward.. of course the media are going to get all worked up and bias along with their fans and reality is the TV audience for the game is going to be 90% English

Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:43 pm

You'll be telling me next you cannot understand why the scots are not supporting england
if your english thats why you cannot understand simple rivalry

Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:20 pm

I’m sorry, and I know I shouldn’t, but I’m having to agree with Monty :-(

Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:25 pm

After much deliberation for over a week and resisting all the hype from the english press and bbc to get behind the danes as a nueteral
I have finely caved in as a nueteral and will be lending my support to the danes tomorrow night come on denmark.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:14 pm

The Welsh have mostly always wanted England to lose in Footall,Rugby.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:25 pm

montyblue wrote:Not much talk about ericsson and all the bigging up of neutrals to get behind Denmark now they are playing "Ingerlund"
Typical

Oh my, where to start?

1 It's Quiet not Quite.
2 It's Eriksen not Ericsson.
3 Well of course the English media have gone quiet, the story of the Euros continues to change as it enfolds and not surprisingly they are not encouraging people to support the Danes against their own team!

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:39 pm

Bazforh1927 wrote:
Typical

Oh my, where to start?

1 It's Quiet not Quite.
2 It's Eriksen not Ericsson.
3 Well of course the English media have gone quiet, the story of the Euros continues to change as it enfolds and not surprisingly they are not encouraging people to support the Danes against their own team!

We know what he meant. This is a football forum not an English class.
If there's one thing that bugs me it's the spell check police.

Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:20 am

I don’t give a shit who wins or who everyone is supporting. But the one thing that bugs the crap
Out of me Is those welsh fans that support The top English teams then say I f*cking hate England.
I’m like give it a rest :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:20 am

Well, let's be fair - in the run-up to the Spain v Italy match Gary Lineker and team needed a bit of time to discuss England, and the main news on the BBC this morning was lucky to be able to talk to a load of kids, a teacher and plenty of random people with England flags as there seemed to be virtually no actual news available. :? :? :?

For the record, I am not anti-England and think they have got a really good squad at the moment, but the media is awful! If they want to have anything they can think of about England and their fans then put it on a separate program and don't just spread through everything else. Then people who want to see it can watch, and those who don't can either turn it over or turn it off!!! :banghead:

Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:08 am

Scoularite wrote:Well, let's be fair - in the run-up to the Spain v Italy match Gary Lineker and team needed a bit of time to discuss England, and the main news on the BBC this morning was lucky to be able to talk to a load of kids, a teacher and plenty of random people with England flags as there seemed to be virtually no actual news available. :? :? :?

For the record, I am not anti-England and think they have got a really good squad at the moment, but the media is awful! If they want to have anything they can think of about England and their fans then put it on a separate program and don't just spread through everything else. Then people who want to see it can watch, and those who don't can either turn it over or turn it off!!! :banghead:

Can't disagree with any of that... :thumbup:

Monty now wearing an Italian shirt. His house must look like a castle wall with all those different nations shirts hung up... :lol: