Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING SKY SPORTS: “ GARETH BALE “

Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:15 pm

Sky Sports:

Tuesday 6th July 2021

Gareth Bale will finish his last season at Real Madrid, then retire from club football.

Bale is on €480,000 a week at Real Madrid, so will see out his last season with the Spanish Giants.

Gareth Bale 'set to retire from club football' but could still play for Wales, but will give up club football.

The Welshman has reportedly made a decision on his future after weeks of speculation, but will definitely stay with Real Madrid this season and wants to retire at the top.

Gareth Bale is reportedly planning to retire from club football next summer - but could still lead Wales into the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

According to the Mirror and the Daily Mail, Bale is set to see out the remaining 12 months of his contract at Real Madrid, who recently appointed Carlo Ancelotti as their new boss.

The Welshman had previously been frozen out by predecessor Zinedine Zidane, but the arrival of the Italian means he could well have a role at the Bernabeu next season.

Bale, who is currently on holiday after guiding Wales to the last 16 of Euro 2020, has now reportedly told friends and advisors that he has no intention of finding a new club once his current deal in the Spanish capital expires, and is instead set to turn his back on club football.

However, it seems he could yet be tempted to lead his beloved Wales into next summer's World Cup, should they qualify.

Wales currently have three points from their first two games in their World Cup qualifying group, and play Belarus and Estonia this September.

With Belgium and the Czech Republic both in their group, earning automatic qualification by winning the group appears unlikely. But Wales have already effectively earned a play-off spot after winning their UEFA Nations League group back in November.

Bale's future has been the subject of intense speculation for weeks, and went into overdrive just before the Euro 2020 campaign when he said he'd already made a decision on his future, adding that it would 'cause chaos'.

When quizzed again shortly after the 4-0 defeat at the hands of Denmark, the 31-year-old gave a slightly more detailed hint.

Where would you like to see Bale play next season? Join the debate in the comments section below

"I want to continue to play," he told S4C.

"People ask stupid questions all the time. I love playing for Wales. I will play for Wales until the day I stop playing football."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING SKY SPORTS: “ GARETH BALE “

Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:39 pm

As I’ve said previously,looking to force Real in to paying him off and then he can decide what to do,by the wayI don’t blame him. :old:

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:02 pm

Both Real Madrid and Gareth Bale's agent playing hardball with proposals the other won't want as their starting points.

I'll be amazed if they don't come to some sort of agreement that will see him walk away.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:08 pm

You have to assume that Real Madrid are in the same financial state as Barcelona. They will be desperate to get Bale off the wage bill and save £25m in a full years wages.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:01 pm

Must be a chance of him playing for us to keep fit for Wales after leaving Madrid. He has his home in the Vale and could do a Bellamy?

Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:03 pm

According to the mirror and daily mail...... Pinch of salt guys.

Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:54 am

The accuarcy of this article can be summed up by this sentence- , "it seems he could yet be tempted to lead his beloved Wales into next summer's World Cup, should they qualify."

The World cup tournament that starts in November?