Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING NEWS: CITY UNDER TRANSFER EMBARGO AGAIN

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:15 pm

The report by Mario Rissola states
Club officials are as of yet to inform its supporters but all details were released today on the EFL website.

I've been to the EFL website and found nothing in their headlines. Pulled up "Cardiff City" and found nothing about it.

Has anybody found anything about it on the EFL website quoted by Mario Rissola??? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:16 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Having owners at the club that 'ALLOW' us to fall under an embargo and dont pay transfer fees when required to do so is shameful.

Not a supporter of Tan, I did at least recognise that he paid bills, kept us afloat. Now hearing this, it doesn't even look like he does that, and for that reason he MUST GO and relinquish control to Sam Hammam.

Maybe we will sell our captain for 200k to pay the bills then?

I absolutely am a fan of Sam. I’ve shown that clearly. But why you think the owner who ran out of money and couldn’t pay our bills previously would be better suited to run our club during a pandemic when we have little income is a bit bonkers.

Fair comment, and I get that, but from what I gather Sam's fortune has rocketed ( proportionately due to pandemic) over the years. He also has the charisma and enthusiasm to create situations and make things happen that would entice fans back in numbers allowing us to generate more income as a club.

Tans charisma and enthusiasm has never been evident with the fans. Hes given us promotions and cup finals, absolutely, but hes never been one of us, and, given the current news, cares very little, and that rubs off.

The only evidence I have of his fortune is the fact he called me from Lebanon which must have cost a bomb.

Other than that it’s pure speculation.

He does have charisma though but I’m not sure Sam taking us over would result in an increase in season ticket sales.

What? It costs a couple of quid to call you from abroad.

Nice of him to call but that doesn't make him rich.
?

Quite clearly I was tongue in cheek.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:19 pm

maccydee wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Having owners at the club that 'ALLOW' us to fall under an embargo and dont pay transfer fees when required to do so is shameful.

Not a supporter of Tan, I did at least recognise that he paid bills, kept us afloat. Now hearing this, it doesn't even look like he does that, and for that reason he MUST GO and relinquish control to Sam Hammam.

Maybe we will sell our captain for 200k to pay the bills then?

I absolutely am a fan of Sam. I’ve shown that clearly. But why you think the owner who ran out of money and couldn’t pay our bills previously would be better suited to run our club during a pandemic when we have little income is a bit bonkers.

Fair comment, and I get that, but from what I gather Sam's fortune has rocketed ( proportionately due to pandemic) over the years. He also has the charisma and enthusiasm to create situations and make things happen that would entice fans back in numbers allowing us to generate more income as a club.

Tans charisma and enthusiasm has never been evident with the fans. Hes given us promotions and cup finals, absolutely, but hes never been one of us, and, given the current news, cares very little, and that rubs off.

The only evidence I have of his fortune is the fact he called me from Lebanon which must have cost a bomb.

Other than that it’s pure speculation.

He does have charisma though but I’m not sure Sam taking us over would result in an increase in season ticket sales.

What? It costs a couple of quid to call you from abroad.

Nice of him to call but that doesn't make him rich.
?

Quite clearly I was tongue in cheek.

Didn't come through as tongue in cheek. You could try using an emoji thing like all the youngsters. :old: :old: :laughing6:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Scoularite wrote:The report by Mario Rissola states
Club officials are as of yet to inform its supporters but all details were released today on the EFL website.

I've been to the EFL website and found nothing in their headlines. Pulled up "Cardiff City" and found nothing about it.

Has anybody found anything about it on the EFL website quoted by Mario Rissola??? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

It has now been removed ?

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:29 pm

fred keenor wrote:

It was confirmed to one of the Admins on here that there was believed tio be an 'issue' and it was further conformed to me (by another person) that said 'issue' was minor in its content, as I reported

The fact there is no substantial reporting is evidence of a storm in the proverbial tea cup and I hope that remains the case... :thumbright:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:34 pm

I have just sent an e.mail to the EFL asking whether the Mario Risola report was true.
Apparently may take 7 days to reply. :?

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:43 pm

I read on here it was a fact that James Collins wasn’t offered a new contract by Luton. Luton’s official website said the opposite.

I take anything I read on here with a pinch of salt.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:47 pm

So we are not under an embargo then ? Bet the club bashers are gutted

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:48 pm

THIS IS WHAT EFL SAY
(Crucially, the Football League stated in was in discussions with “a number of other clubs over their FFP submissions” – with it now appearing Cardiff were among them with discussions continuing over the last two weeks) nothing about embargo outside the 3 mentioned on here

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:52 pm

wez1927 wrote:So we are not under an embargo then ? Bet the club bashers are gutted

Wez I get impression that the information was misinterpreted and they are only under investigation and in talks with efl about ffp... well that's what efl website says

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:55 pm

fred keenor wrote:

Yes removed

Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:50 pm

No longer under transfer embargo according to the efl website only Derby hill and reading are on there so CCFC been active last 24 hours

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:05 pm

The Trust have announced it was to do with payment of loan fees to Liverpool and Arsenal (for Wilson and Osei-Tutu). Or maybe it was our funding of their wages? The payments were due in June but all clubs agreed to defer payment until this month, when it is due to be paid.

Cardiff City's name has now been removed from the list, with no explanation.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:17 pm

maccydee wrote:I read on here it was a fact that James Collins wasn’t offered a new contract by Luton. Luton’s official website said the opposite.

I take anything I read on here with a pinch of salt.

Well I would hope we’d be able to offer a better contract with our £600 million income from the Premier League :laughing6:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:33 pm

You just have to look at who started the thread.

I get that he's mates with Annis but sometimes it's okay to tell your mates to stop being a nuisance.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:So we are not under an embargo then ? Bet the club bashers are gutted

Bet there won’t be a shit load of Facebook posts about this?

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:46 pm

This topic just shows how quickly some people want to put the boot in to the current ownership. Whether it’s confirmed facts or not.

Embarrassing and repetitive in equal measure.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:You just have to look at who started the thread.

I get that he's mates with Annis but sometimes it's okay to tell your mates to stop being a nuisance.

There's part of that post you just got VERY wrong...

I'll let you work it out... ;) :roll:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:03 pm

Sven wrote:

Why don't you give us or more specifically me a clue as this is what I'm seeing.

1. Was it started by someone we're unaware of?
2. He's more often than not just spamming this board for clicks on his own website.
3. Anyone else would have been banned by now yet it continues. I was once banned via mistaken identity by Annis so I know he could ban anyone he wanted to which leads me to they must be mates.
4. As far as I'm aware there always comes a time.

Now I may be wrong with a part of this but that is how it looks to this casual observer. I am more than willing to say "I was mistaken" about anything. :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:10 pm

piledriver64 wrote:This topic just shows how quickly some people want to put the boot in to the current ownership. Whether it’s confirmed facts or not.

Totally agree its very tiresome

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:47 pm

Perhaps the reason for no comment is down to the fact its too complicated to follow as you can see from some of the comments and perhaps the club are seeking clarification from its own legal team around the content of the EFL statement before committing its view and position.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:55 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Sven wrote:

Why don't you give us or more specifically me a clue as this is what I'm seeing.

2. He's more often than not just spamming this board for clicks on his own website.
3. Anyone else would have been banned by now yet it continues. I was once banned via mistaken identity by Annis so I know he could ban anyone he wanted to which leads me to they must be mates.

Now I may be wrong with a part of this but that is how it looks to this casual observer. I am more than willing to say "I was mistaken" about anything. :lol: :lol:

How it looks; or how YOU perceive it...?

Either way, I'll let YOU work it out for yourself, seeing as YOU made the assumption... :roll:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:29 pm

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:This topic just shows how quickly some people want to put the boot in to the current ownership. Whether it’s confirmed facts or not.

It's a Welsh thing always looking for the negative, so quick to dislike or critise what's around us.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:36 pm

New Day Rising wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

It's a Welsh thing always looking for the negative, so quick to dislike or critise what's around us.

Let’s hope after this episode some of the regular critics actually hold their hands up and admit they got it badly wrong.

I won’t hold my breath !!!!

Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:06 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Sven wrote:

He was banned for a long time actually.

It was agreed he could return if he didn't flood the forum with a lot of links every day. There was a point when he was posting ten separate topics with links to that website every day. These days the amount of topics with these links on are limited and it's easy for people to ignore them.

It's also wrong to say anyone else would have been banned by now.

You have to break the rules of the forum to be banned on here or to be warned by a moderator about things you're posting and not stop.

I'm not the biggest fan of his topics, but if I banned everyone who created topics I didn't like and deleted the topics then there wouldn't be many topics left on here :lol:

As for him being friends with Annis, I'm not sure that's true but I'm confident Annis will clear that up.

Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:15 am

pengamblue wrote:What's going on at our club,billionaire owner,dalman needs to explain what's happening,st are a shambles, should have someone taking calls from fans, about problems on website come on CCFC we are supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL CLUB

When are people going to realise, tan is no longer a billionaire, and hasn't been for a while now!! :old: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:29 am

Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Crayfish wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:I doubt Tan is still a billionaire anymore. Moore will be sold no it would seem

I don't think Tan was ever a billionaire. I remember reading the Sunday Times rich list a few years ago and they reckoned he was worth somewhere in the region of £700 million.Very rich but not a billionaire in UK currency. Obviously this was well before covid which will have affected his wealth considerably as much of it is in the leisure sector.

Is it true that this embargo does not affect free transfers and loans? If this is the case it might not affect us at all as. I don't think we actually ever were going to buy anyone for money in this window.

Yes We can still sign free agents and loan players :thumbright: :thumbright:

Annis I have misunderstood the rules, if under a transfer embargo you can still sign players who are not registered, but if they are registered with another club, a loan is possible but the parent club has to pay all their wages, I cannot see any club doing that, :lol: so it would only be unregistered players. This embargo will be off very soon, not going to effect us signing players just a slight delay :thumbup:

loan players.....clubs cannot pay loan fees.....or make additional payments on top of the salary the player gets at his parent club.... it doesnt mean you cannot pay his wage just you cannot pay more than his wage....

Not my understanding of it the club he is being loaned to are not allowed to pay any wages the parent club has to pay them all.
If I am wrong perhaps you can show me the efl rule on it as all I can find is the loaning club must pay all of the players wages?

Still do you think any club are going to pay a players full wages and let them go on loan, just what have they got to gain, nothing would be my view, that is my point :thumbup:

or maybe you can back up your claim.... where a parent club MUST pay all the on loan players wages....

From bbc sport site
What do the embargoes mean for signing players?

Under the EFL's operational rules surrounding embargoes, clubs do have some means of strengthening their squads "to protect the integrity" of the competition.

Clubs are permitted to 'staff up' so they have 23 players of professional standing, which is termed as players to have made at least one appearance for any club in any first-team competition.

If they have less than 23 players they are allowed, within a transfer window, to sign free agents on a maximum of one-year deals or bring in players on loan for up to half a season.

However, clubs cannot pay loan fees for players and cannot pay additional wages on top of the salary the player receives at their parent club.
My take on this is that, this last paragraph means that the loaning club are paying the players wages, again perhaps you can point out where it says they are not!

Call me thick, or posting after a shift :lol: but reading the highlighted section, my take is slightly different, as it says not allowed to pay "additional " wages, on top of the salary receives "at" their parent club? I believe that means we cannot pay him more than he gets paid at parent club, ie extra incentives etc, or simply more than he would normally receive, not we cannot pay "any" of his salary? It states receives, not gets ? Otherwise that would make loaning a player almost impossible, thus surely threatening "the integrity " of the competition? It's the "additional " phrase that which would make more sense, it doesn't state clubs cannot pay "any" part of the players wage, just not additional to what he would receive. ?? :old: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:36 am

New Day Rising wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

It's a Welsh thing always looking for the negative, so quick to dislike or critise what's around us.[/quotequote

Oi! Speak for yourself boyo :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:16 am

Updated:

Cardiff City have been removed from the Transfer Embargo list :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:46 pm

Had a reply from the EFL, but they did not say whether we had been on the list, but the current list is:

Embargo Reporting Service
In the interests of transparency and in line with the principles of good governance, in June 2021 EFL Clubs approved an amendment to the Regulations to allow the EFL to publish a list of those Clubs under registration embargoes on EFL.com.

Clubs under embargo will be named on this dedicated Embargo Reporting Service page, along with the reason the Club has been placed under embargo. For example, the regulation the Club has failed to comply with.

For more information on Embargoes, please click here.

Championship
Derby County

Regulation 16.2 - Failure to provide audited annual accounts

Regulation 16.3 - Annual Accounts not filed with Companies House

Regulation 17 - Default in payments to HMRC

Regulation 51.2.3 - Default in paying transfer fee instalments

Profit and Sustainability Rules - non-submission of audited accounts

Hull City

Conditions under monitored loan agreement

Reading

Breach of Profit and Sustainability Rules