Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Barnsley crowd

Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:16 pm

Anybody any idea if fans will be allowed in for this game.

Re: Barnsley crowd

Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:28 pm

actionman wrote:Anybody any idea if fans will be allowed in for this game.

A couple of hundred if drakeford as his way all should be revealed tomorrow...

Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:58 pm

Can’t see a reason why it wouldn’t at least be the size of the crowd for Wales v Albania (6K?). So I’m guessing all season ticket holders at least.

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:04 pm

Going by what I'm hearing, it should be at least 50% capacity.

Just over 16,000 that would be for us.

But we are unlikely to open the upper tier of Ninian Stand this season so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:15 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Going by what I'm hearing, it should be at least 50% capacity.

But we are unlikely to open the upper tier of Ninian Stand this season so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Ned was told that they will if nessasary open all the ground up to be able to fit all st holders in if that what it takes.... and they do expect to have enough room.... but listening to drakeford and he doesnt intend to make it easy to travel anywhere speech today i would not be surprised if limit is below what we have in st holders.

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Going by what I'm hearing, it should be at least 50% capacity.

Ned was told that they will if nessasary open all the ground up to be able to fit all st holders in if that what it takes.... and they do expect to have enough room.... but listening to drakeford and he doesnt intend to make it easy to travel anywhere speech today i would not be surprised if limit is below what we have in st holders.

I've defended Drakeford's stance up until now.

But he really needs to follow what England are doing.

If they keep imposing restrictions, then more and more people will just break them.

Good that the club are prepared to open the whole stadium.

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Mark said we go can go if we don't sing , clap, shout ,drink, wave,eat, fart ,talk, point, jump up, but we can all take the knee.

Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:11 pm

New Day Rising wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Mark said we go can go if we don't sing , clap, shout ,drink, wave,eat, fart ,talk, point, jump up, but we can all take the knee.

It's to be called 'Wayne's Law' locally... ;) :cry:

Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:36 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I've defended Drakeford's stance up until now.

But he really needs to follow what England are doing.

If they keep imposing restrictions, then more and more people will just break them.

Good that the club are prepared to open the whole stadium.

Ned can see more and more problems with the divide between England and rest uk only need compare fact can have 60k at a football game with thousands in streets as I witnessed last week.....but in Wales can only have 30 guests at wedding but no dancing no singing no group foto except those in the bubble and no standing and mingling around ffs can only have people in bubble sitting at brides table ....... I am less confident than was before about football crowds not being badly restricted after recent comments from him.

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:16 am

Hopefully see a big crowd but I'd be surprised to see anything over 10,000. And thats being optimistic!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:37 am

8000 for Southampton and Newport

Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:06 pm

miskinblue wrote:8000 for Southampton and Newport

Hopefully he'll scrap or reduce 2mtr rule otherwise that's the capacity under present rules? so not enough to allow all st holders into ground. :roll:

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:01 pm

All restrictions to be lifted on aug 7th so hopefully 20k +

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:13 pm

fred keenor wrote:All restrictions to be lifted on aug 7th so hopefully 20k +

Fred believe it subject to risk assessment which means safety group involvement if read it right

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Fred believe it subject to risk assessment which means safety group involvement if read it right

Yep, looking pretty hopeful that it could be 20K+ particularly if it's home fans only, enabling the club to spread out spectators further if needs be, depending on the risk assessment.

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:49 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yep, looking pretty hopeful that it could be 20K+ particularly if it's home fans only, enabling the club to spread out spectators further if needs be, depending on the risk assessment.

Not sure 20k but certainly enough to allow all st holders to attend that's a start..

Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:05 pm

Looks like capacity crowd could be available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/57837422

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:04 pm

Sounding good at the moment.

Hope so because I can go to the game then.

Don't have a season ticket but will probably get one if I can find the extra money from somewhere.

Was worried at one point it would be season ticket holders only but that doesn't look like the case anymore.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:10 am

Anyway, how do I get in ?

I think I selected for the digital card, so I guess that's on an app, for those more techie than me what where do I find it ?