Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: “ CARDIFF CITY TODAY ANNOUNCE “

Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:59 pm

Updated;

Rasheed::

“ I am Privileged & honoured to be involved in a sport I truly love. Gutted I cannot be there due to travel restriction, but will be cheering on from afar.”

The Cardiff City Committee will now have five persons sitting on it:
Vincent Tan, Mehmet Dalman ,Ken Choo, Mick McCarthy and now Jalil Rasheed who has no football background but has 18 years in investment management.

Bluebirds appoint new Non-Executive Director to Board

Club News

CARDIFF CITY FC

Thursday 25th July 2021

The Board of Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Jalil Rasheed as an Non-Executive Director.

Jalil Rasheed, new Non-Executive Director

Jalil remit at the club will include directing club strategy, player acquisition and financial planning.

Jalil currently serves as the Group CEO of Berjaya Corporation, based in Malaysia. Jalil will help to direct the Club in all strategic decision making and planning, working closely with Tan Sri Vincent Tan, Chairman Mehmet Dalman and Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo.

Jalil has 18 years of distinguished investment career globally, with firms such as Abrdn & Invesco in senior leadership roles in Europe & Asia. Jalil was also Group CEO of Malaysia’s state investment fund, PNB, the youngest to helm the role at 37 years old.

We’re confident that City supporters will join the Board and Club in welcoming Jalil to this role and look forward to a successful and prosperous future together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY TODAY ANNOUNCE “

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:12 pm

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:25 pm

Reply FB:

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:29 pm

Anything that makes us more stable , after covid . A lot of clubs are going to suffer financially , so to have someone on the board thats a financial wizz kid has got to be good .

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:34 pm

Jalil remit at the club will include directing club strategy, player acquisition and financial planning.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:38 pm

Rasheed wrote on his LinkedIn bio that he has been a:

“Liverpool fans since 1988 and he will overlook proceedings pertaining to Tan-owned clubs KV Kortrijk and FK Sarajevo in Belgium and Bosnia respectively.”
The Dad of two also wrote that he “loves watching football and riding his bike.”

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:41 pm

Can he answer the phone , oh and paint?

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:43 pm

Just cant help feeling this is significant. Is VT thinking of stepping down, is this a move towards selling the club?

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:45 pm

Vincent Tan is nearly 70, has many other business interests and football clubs, 11 kids, rumoured to be seeing a new 26 year old "wife" . I'm not surprised he doesn't want to spend much time personally overseeing things, i think he lost his interest in us three years ago.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:48 pm

nojac wrote:Anything that makes us more stable , after covid . A lot of clubs are going to suffer financially , so to have someone on the board thats a financial wizz kid has got to be good .

only time will tell..

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Reply FB:

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:21 pm

Reply FB:

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:21 pm

It's crazy how all these people on Facebook know what his wages will be :shock:

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:35 pm

Looks like he's a top trouble shooter - financial man judging by his previous jobs ,it's funny how people on here and on Facebook slag him off without knowing what he would be like .

Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:14 pm

He supports a club that plays in red im starting to worry .

Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:36 pm

Undoubtedly he's here for more than to sit on a selection committee.... but Facebook warriors always no better . :roll:

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:14 pm

We need at least one footballing person on the board but that will never happen under this ownership.

Just another one of Tan's puppets.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Rasheed::

“ I am Privileged & honoured to be involved in a sport I truly love. Gutted I cannot be there due to travel restriction, but will be cheering on from afar.”

Re: UPDATED: “ CARDIFF CITY TODAY ANNOUNCE “

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:41 pm

As usual, I'm disappointed with the negativity of some of those who have replied...

The honest truth is none of us know Jalil's remit and/or the positives/negatives of his introduction

I can't help feeling it is a positive step, which will hopefully see the financial side of the club sorted properly and with a view to moving forward in the years to come

Whether that results in an eventual sale of the club is pure conjecture right now; but seemingly some people would rather make wild assumption than give the guy time and the opportunity to show us his worth

But hey, why see the positives when negativity is to be had, eh?

Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We need at least one footballing person on the board but that will never happen under this ownership.

or maybe what it says on the tin ... a football facts and stats geek....
maybe the idea is we are to go down the Brentford/ moneyball route. ?

Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:22 pm

Wtf, just another puppet that will no doubt be tasked with turning the clubs Fortune but when it fails will be made a scapegoat! In a time when we're supposed to be cutting costs! We already have enough clueless directors on obscene salaries.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:47 am

Hope he can save us millions otherwise no point in having him.
But be careful that he does not put us in a situation like Derby. :bluebird:

Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:09 am

wez1927 wrote:Looks like he's a top trouble shooter - financial man judging by his previous jobs ,it's funny how people on here and on Facebook slag him off without knowing what he would be like .

Agreed. It's absolutely bizarre how people on here/Facebook are having a pop at this appointment when they know little about the guy.

Some of those same people are constantly criticising the club about how it is run financially yet when they appoint a financial expert that is still not right.

He is a non-executive appointment and will have very little say in big decisions but will provide a different viewpoint and financial expertise for the executive board to use to make decisions.

Even if they pay him £100K a year if he saves us £150K (small potatoes in an organisation of this size) we're already quids in !! In reality this type of appointment would, hopefully, make savings much greater than that level, if he doesn't then the appointment won't last long.

Sometimes you wonder why some of these critics actually follow this club as the current regime can do nothing right in their eyes and are so quick to jump on any half truths, e.g. recent embargo "story", that they forget about any counter views/benefits :banghead: :roll:

Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:11 am

skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:We need at least one footballing person on the board but that will never happen under this ownership.

or maybe what it says on the tin ... a football facts and stats geek....
maybe the idea is we are to go down the Brentford/ moneyball route. ?

Not a fan of that approach but if that model can work for such a small club there must be at least something we can learn from that.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:45 am

Jalil Rasheed current job is Group CEO Berjaya Corporation. CCFC have never been part of the Berjaya portfolio. Berjaya have assets of £3.4billion.

Thinking left field is VT thinking of selling CCFC to Berjaya?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:05 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Jalil Rasheed current job is Group CEO Berjaya Corporation. CCFC have never been part of the Berjaya portfolio. Berjaya have assets of £3.4billion.

Tony,
You might just be right?

Maybe due to his age/health he will leave us in capable hands knowing that we should be ok!

Watch this space as one would say.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:13 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Jalil Rasheed current job is Group CEO Berjaya Corporation. CCFC have never been part of the Berjaya portfolio. Berjaya have assets of £3.4billion.

Interesting thought, but does Tan not own Berjaya anymore ?

If he doesn't then it would certainly provide some stability were he to retire/walk away.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:49 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Interesting thought, but does Tan not own Berjaya anymore ?

If he doesn't then it would certainly provide some stability were he to retire/walk away.

VT established Berjaya years ago and has fingers in many pies. The company was floated on the stock market at some point and I believe he owns around 40% of the share value although family members have share ownership to.

The company itself is worth 3 times more than VT's personal wealth and could afford to buy CCFC for say £80m and give VT all his investment money back and leave us debt free.

Sounds brilliant I would love it to be true but at this point it is just a theory.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:53 am

Llantwit bluebird wrote:Wtf, just another puppet that will no doubt be tasked with turning the clubs Fortune but when it fails will be made a scapegoat! In a time when we're supposed to be cutting costs! We already have enough clueless directors on obscene salaries.

And some supporters, so it seems...

But I guess you could enlighten us on EXACTLY what those (quote) "obscene" salaries are...?

I won't hold my breath waiting for you though...! ;)