Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New season tickets

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:37 pm

I've been told the club will be issuing new season tickets to everyone .... but due to the problem of not knowing capacity for opening game and possibly having to have a ballot the 1st game will be a paper ticket so be patient as wont be done until much nearer game..
Dont shoot messenger just what I've been told by someone at club.. :thumbup:

Re: New season tickets

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:24 pm

That explains alot to be fair then! Thanks for the update:)

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

Yes cheers Al.
Does that mean we could be in a position of having a season ticket and not allowed to attend due to restrictions?

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Yes cheers Al.
Does that mean we could be in a position of having a season ticket and not allowed to attend due to restrictions?

Yes depends on how many fans WG and safety group allow into ground and how many st we have sold? If cannot put all st inside ground and it will be whole of ground upper ninian ect open there will be a ballot system in place.... hence paper tickets for at least 1st game ..... WG very slow in letting people know whats happening restrictions lifted on day season starts.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:37 pm

"WG very slow in letting people know whats happening restrictions lifted on day season starts"

This. They don't seem bothered how difficult they make life like for businesses, clubs, etc.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Robin Friday's Ghost wrote:"WG very slow in letting people know whats happening restrictions lifted on day season starts"

This. They don't seem bothered how difficult they make life like for businesses, clubs, etc.

They are not interested in anything except themselves..... covid doesn't effect their working as they either doing nothing or sitting at home using zoom with mute button on. :D
Decision expected on day footy season starts 7th aug :laughing6:

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:57 am

Very interesting and would make sense...

Does that mean new cards are being sent out, so the old ones cannot be used?

I'll be very disappointed not to be at the first game but I feel WAG will clarify the situation a few days before the 7th August

Then we have Cardiff City Council's H&S people to contend with...

I think the current capacity is 8,000 which beggars the question of how many season tickets have been sold to date?

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:10 am

Sven wrote:Very interesting and would make sense...

I'll be very disappointed not to be at the first game but I feel WAG will clarify the situation a few days before the 7th August

I think the current capacity is 8,000 which beggars the question of how many season tickets have been sold to date?

Chris
people will get new cards but not until capacity is sorted but that will be after season starts probably... until then paper ones will be issued certainly for 1st game... it is a nightmare for the club to plan anything but if nessasary the whole ground will be used to try get every season ticket holder in ground so may end up in another part ground ? Otherwise its a ballot another nightmare for club.... WG should talk to clubs and sort out capacity? in England full grounds but we'll still be waiting.. :roll:

Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Chris
people will get new cards but not until capacity is sorted but that will be after season starts probably... until then paper ones will be issued certainly for 1st game... it is a nightmare for the club to plan anything but if nessasary the whole ground will be used to try get every season ticket holder in ground so may end up in another part ground ? Otherwise its a ballot another nightmare for club.... WG should talk to clubs and sort out capacity? in England full grounds but we'll still be waiting.. :roll:

Thanks, Allan :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Chris

Thanks, Allan :thumbup: :ayatollah:

The information I posted is from the club staff member not made up by myself..... hence dont shoot the messenger if it all changes as is likely knowing WG delayed decision making....:laughing6: