Updated: “ Sol Bamba / Contract “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: “ Sol Bamba / Contract “

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:14 am

UPDATED:

Sol Bamba turned out for Middlesbrough's under-23s in their 2-0 win over Redcar Athletic at their Rockliffe training base.

The 36-year-old is currently training with the club in a bid to maintain fitness, however reports have suggested Boro are mulling over handing the player a one-year contract and Bamba will continue to take his coaching badges at the same time.







Sol Bamba will be providing some experience to a young side at Redcar Athletic when he plays for a Boro XI in Wednesday’s Green Lane friendly (7pm).

The 36-year-old underwent treatment for cancer earlier this year, and recently spoke with Boro boss Neil Warnock about training at Rockliffe as he looks to build his fitness.

With the first team squad in Cornwall, Bamba has been working away at Rockliffe in the company of the Under-23s and was keen to join the group at Redcar for the game.

The former Ivory Coast international is a veteran of over 400 career appearances since making his debut for Paris Saint-Germain in 2004. More recently he captained Leeds United and won promotion with Cardiff.



U23s lead coach Graeme Lee said: "Sol has a great attitude and is a great lad. He's been fantastic with the lads during training and around the training ground. He sets a great example to them.

"He was keen to play. We haven't a lot of numbers at the moment with a few out, and it'll be a big help having Sol.

"He loves his football. He'll play alongside a couple of young lads at Redcar and that will be both a huge help and a great experience for them.

"It's another game we're looking forward to. We're trying to give the lads experience in every game, particularly in terms of physicality and how to move the ball quicker.

"Hopefully there'll be a decent crowd at Redcar for the game."

The game is to mark the official opening of the club’s new facilities. Tickets for this game are priced at £5 adults and £2 concessions.

Warnock had confirmed that Bamba could be offered a contract this season if all goes well .
Attachments
561B26CF-7359-4640-B6B7-987D38862843.jpeg
561B26CF-7359-4640-B6B7-987D38862843.jpeg (63.5 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 135792
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Updated: “ Sol Bamba / Contract “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Sol Bamba plays tonight “

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:15 am

Junior Hoilett, Lee Peltier and now Sol Bamba are at Midddlesboough
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 135792
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: “ Sol Bamba plays tonight “

Postby Whistler » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:23 am

They must be pushing the average age of that squad up ! :roll:
Whistler
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 am

Re: “ Sol Bamba plays tonight “

Postby skidemin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:Junior Hoilett, Lee Peltier and now Sol Bamba are at Midddlesboough



Junior isnt there yet ...still in the USA playing for Canada in the Gold Cup...
skidemin
 
Posts: 6157
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: “ Sol Bamba plays tonight “

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:13 am

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Junior Hoilett, Lee Peltier and now Sol Bamba are at Midddlesboough



Junior isnt there yet ...still in the USA playing for Canada in the Gold Cup...



Oops I forgot :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 135792
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: “ Sol Bamba plays tonight “

Postby skidemin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Junior Hoilett, Lee Peltier and now Sol Bamba are at Midddlesboough



Junior isnt there yet ...still in the USA playing for Canada in the Gold Cup...



Oops I forgot :thumbright:



he could well end up there mate...but maybe he wont come back from the states ... all about the money...
skidemin
 
Posts: 6157
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: “ Sol Bamba plays tonight “

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:27 am

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Junior Hoilett, Lee Peltier and now Sol Bamba are at Midddlesboough



Junior isnt there yet ...still in the USA playing for Canada in the Gold Cup...



Oops I forgot :thumbright:



he could well end up there mate...but maybe he wont come back from the states ... all about the money...




Money talks.


I think Mendez-Laing is training there as well.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 135792
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: “ Sol Bamba plays tonight “

Postby skidemin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Junior Hoilett, Lee Peltier and now Sol Bamba are at Midddlesboough



Junior isnt there yet ...still in the USA playing for Canada in the Gold Cup...



Oops I forgot :thumbright:



he could well end up there mate...but maybe he wont come back from the states ... all about the money...




Money talks.


I think Mendez-Laing is training there as well.



not sure but to date theyve not given him another contract... didnt wrk out very well for them last year..
skidemin
 
Posts: 6157
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Updated: “ Sol Bamba / Contract “

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:48 am

UPDATED:

Sol Bamba turned out for Middlesbrough's under-23s in their 2-0 win over Redcar Athletic at their Rockliffe training base.

The 36-year-old is currently training with the club in a bid to maintain fitness, however reports have suggested Boro are mulling over handing the player a one-year contract and Bamba will continue to take his coaching badges at the same time.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 135792
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Updated: “ Sol Bamba / Contract “

Postby Crayfish » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:04 pm

Let's be quite frank about this. Warnock did really well to get a few good seasons out of the four of them but there has to be a strong suspicion that all four have reached their sell by date and won't be getting any better. I would not want any back at the club, we need to move on with younger players. Think Wornock seems to have lost his touch with signings and if I were a Middlesborough fan I would not be to happy with all four at the club.
Crayfish
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: Updated: “ Sol Bamba / Contract “

Postby wez1927 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:33 pm

Crayfish wrote:Let's be quite frank about this. Warnock did really well to get a few good seasons out of the four of them but there has to be a strong suspicion that all four have reached their sell by date and won't be getting any better. I would not want any back at the club, we need to move on with younger players. Think Wornock seems to have lost his touch with signings and if I were a Middlesborough fan I would not be to happy with all four at the club.

Totally agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 15180
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bebbsyboy, Big Hill Blue, BLUEBIRD, bluebirdoct1962, CF72, DOCKER DAVIES, Escott1927, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], mugsy, nick_strin, Pantmawr Bluebird, papa, pembroke allan, RIVERSIDE-FC, WenvoeHumph and 322 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.