Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ SOL BAMBA BIG MISTAKE “

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:15 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Maybe Mick saw him as a threat to his position and was happy to see him go. Who knows?

I am in between on this, I wanted the club to keep him around in some capacity , but he wasn't going to get a playing contract, and that was probably the right decision, Im hot sure mm would be too concerned about his position though 62r, it seems people are slowly changing their minds on his appointment as far as I can see??
I wanted sol kept on, as a proper role model to the youngsters ,and how he could inspire them to reach for the top, I'm sort of gutted it never happened, but am not going to start moaning at the board, after all, they make the decision of he wouldn't get much game time? Then surely mm must have hinted to the board, regarding that?? :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:49 am

UPDATED:

Sol Bamba turned out for Middlesbrough's under-23s in their 2-0 win over Redcar Athletic at their Rockliffe training base.

The 36-year-old is currently training with the club in a bid to maintain fitness, however reports have suggested Boro are mulling over handing the player a one-year contract and Bamba will continue to take his coaching badges at the same time.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Cracking bloke, but I'm sure if McCarthy and others thought he was capable of becoming a good coach and eventually manager they would have given him a go?

Maybe if he does turn out a decent coach we can consider him then, in the meantime get the best man for the job, and let him serve his apprenticeship where he can :thumbup:

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:07 pm

We love Sol for wanting to play on for one more season but in all honesty what is his level now? A season in the LoW whilst coaching at Cardiff was IMO the best he could hope for.

He is an inspirational man, an asset to any organization but when you believe your best options lay elsewhere the organization is really powerless. There is little sentiment in business and even less in professional sport. I hope he achieves all that he wants to achieve in football, but TV is waiting for him.

I believe he has moved back to Leeds, there are loads of L1 & L2 clubs within driving distance who may call on his leadership and experience if he still has it and the salary is not crazy.

It is a shame it never worked out at the city, but that is life.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:07 pm

Sven

Font of all things cardiff i was taking a stab in the dark whats wrong with that can i not air my opinions perhaps we should just all listen to you and really not bother saying anything on the forum unless its been given the once over by your good self
please get off your high horse and don' t be so serious its very waring correcting people
by the way sol had followed neil once again suprise suprise

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:58 pm

Who was the last Cardiff City player to be a top Manager? The only one I can think of was John Toshack and we turned him down? Recently Bellers, Young and Gabbs,Leggy, Kav and Ardley have all tried but haven’t made it? Very few players make top Managers and anyway Bamba wanted a playing contact and unfortunately we have better players at CB.I wish him well but the Committee have made the correct decision.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:43 pm

llan bluebird wrote:We love Sol for wanting to play on for one more season but in all honesty what is his level now? A season in the LoW whilst coaching at Cardiff was IMO the best he could hope for.

He is an inspirational man, an asset to any organization but when you believe your best options lay elsewhere the organization is really powerless. There is little sentiment in business and even less in professional sport. I hope he achieves all that he wants to achieve in football, but TV is waiting for him.

I believe he has moved back to Leeds, there are loads of L1 & L2 clubs within driving distance who may call on his leadership and experience if he still has it and the salary is not crazy.

It is a shame it never worked out at the city, but that is life.

it did work out for him with us until his injury... two and a half years later its pretty clear he is still away off where he was and may never get back to that level....

not sure what people expect tbh...
oh...and think the club were very fair in extending his contract while out injured... no loyalty :roll: