Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Eustace to be Swansea next manager according to fans

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:46 pm

Or John Useless as the Swansea fan texting me said!

To be installed anytime soon apparently?

Does he have any contacts, that's what they normally look for?

They are due a failure, is this the one?

I always think how would I feel if we had appointed him, and I'd be gutted and wondering why?

BBC reporting it too!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57942276

Re: Eustace to be Swansea next manager according to fans

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:Or John Useless as the Swansea fan texting me said!

I always think how would I feel if we had appointed him, and I'd be gutted and wondering why?

BBC reporting it too!

There are few managers who could take the Swans forward next season, so Eustace may be the cheap option they are seeking?

That's not a Swans Bash; it's just the reality right now and I don't think we are in any position to mock right now after what I have learned about our own club's direction in recent days

Where we might be lucky is in having a manager who just might 'do a Warnock' and pull together a squad who will run through walls for him...

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:10 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Or John Useless as the Swansea fan texting me said!

BBC reporting it too!

There are few managers who could take the Swans forward next season, so Eustace may be the cheap option they are seeking?

That's not a Swans Bash; it's just the reality right now and I don't think we are in any position to mock right now after what I have learned about our own club's direction in recent days

Where we might be lucky is in having a manager who just might 'do a Warnock' and pull together a squad who will run through walls for him...

Agreed, I am not really mocking just making the point I wouldn't have been happy with the appointment based on my limited knowledge of Eustace ( 2 mins on google) , and from the views of their fans most feel the same, but time will tell.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:39 pm

To be fair to Eustace, I see on Google that he is a highly experienced Championship performer with additionally 50 or so Premiership appearances. He may not be as “useless” as we Cardiff fans would like him to be.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:47 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:To be fair to Eustace, I see on Google that he is a highly experienced Championship performer with additionally 50 or so Premiership appearances. He may not be as “useless” as we Cardiff fans would like him to be.

He's going as a Manager though not a player, what's the relevance?

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Was shortlisted at time cooper was made manager..... so must think hes got what they want in a manager. Will be confirmed shortly according to bbc.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:To be fair to Eustace, I see on Google that he is a highly experienced Championship performer with additionally 50 or so Premiership appearances. He may not be as “useless” as we Cardiff fans would like him to be.

Coaching career

Following his retirement as a player, Eustace moved into coaching. On 21 April 2016, he was named manager of National League side Kidderminster Harriers, signing a one-year contract until the end of the 2016–17 season.While at the club, Eustace transformed the side's style of play, with the Harriers being dubbed the "non-league Barcelona". Eustace led his side to the play-offs in two seasons, as well as the First Round Proper of the FA Cup.[38]

He left the club on 25 May 2018 to join former manager Steve McClaren at Queens Park Rangers as assistant manager. At QPR, he had a brief spell as caretaker manager in 2019, helping the club avoid relegation from the Championship with 7 points from his 7 games in charge.Following Mark Warburton's arrival as manager in May 2019, Eustace remained as his assistant and began studying for his UEFA Pro Licence.

Seven points from seven games hardly the start that McCarthy had is it?

Although he the non League Barcelona Manager may fit in at Swanselona? (now 'm mocking, I can't resist :thumbup:)

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:31 am

Bluebina wrote:

Coaching career

Following his retirement as a player, Eustace moved into coaching. On 21 April 2016, he was named manager of National League side Kidderminster Harriers, signing a one-year contract until the end of the 2016–17 season.While at the club, Eustace transformed the side's style of play, with the Harriers being dubbed the "non-league Barcelona". Eustace led his side to the play-offs in two seasons, as well as the First Round Proper of the FA Cup.[38]

He left the club on 25 May 2018 to join former manager Steve McClaren at Queens Park Rangers as assistant manager. At QPR, he had a brief spell as caretaker manager in 2019, helping the club avoid relegation from the Championship with 7 points from his 7 games in charge.Following Mark Warburton's arrival as manager in May 2019, Eustace remained as his assistant and began studying for his UEFA Pro Licence.

Seven points from seven games hardly the start that McCarthy had is it?

Although he the non League Barcelona Manager may fit in at Swanselona? (now 'm mocking, I can't resist :thumbup:)

Going on that profile Eustace 'contacts' are at QPR & Kidderminster Harriers ;)

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Who gives a toss :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:13 pm

Apparently he prefers to be assistant at QPR than take over at swans..... :clap:

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:04 am

pembroke allan wrote:Apparently he prefers to be assistant at QPR than take over at swans..... :clap:

Shame I don't think he offered them much, Toshack looks probable now, don't now anything about him although he ha apparently done well with their youth teams, I wouldn't have thought he has the contacts, and they have lost a lot of players, it could be fun?

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Apparently he prefers to be assistant at QPR than take over at swans..... :clap:

Shame I don't think he offered them much, Toshack looks probable now, don't now anything about him although he ha apparently done well with their youth teams, I wouldn't have thought he has the contacts, and they have lost a lot of players, it could be fun?

Losing Grimes will be big for them maybe toshack is their best hope of doing anything thus season as he knows what club wants? Whether he can deliver is another matter.