Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Harry Wilson set to sign for "

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:44 pm

Harry Wilson is set to sign for Fulham in a £12m deal.

Wilson flown back from Austria to complete deal etc. Good signing for Fulham

Re: " Harry Wilson set to sign for "

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:55 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Harry Wilson is set to sign for Fulham in a £12m deal.

They're spending their way to promotion again! They must have spent close to 200m past two years
And still in championship.... :shock:

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:02 pm

If that’s true, it’s about £7M more than I’d pay.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

They're spending their way to promotion again! They must have spent close to 200m past two years

Agree, sooner or later it's going to backfire on them.

Puts far too much pressure on them to get promoted.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Agree, sooner or later it's going to backfire on them.

Puts far too much pressure on them to get promoted.

Got new manager knows the championship with watford so expect them to be up there again but need to change recruiting policy or will get relegated again if get premier league.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:50 pm

They are a plaything for Tony Khan who has taken over from his Dad running some of the businesses.

He has an active part at Jacksonville NFL team and runs a wrestling federation called AEW too. Much like with Fulham he spends a lot of money running AEW.

He seems a good guy to be fair. Very generous with his Dad’s money. He would be ideal at the City. Doesn’t run any of his businesses like businesses which our fans would lap up.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:51 pm

Harry Wilson 12 million is excellent business for Fulham. Worth 25 million in a years time. Putting the Player aside for a moment this shows there is very little business acumen at this club, with no clue how to make money other than to take bargain basement players and hope they come good.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:14 pm

Monmouth wrote:Harry Wilson 12 million is excellent business for Fulham. Worth 25 million in a years time. Putting the Player aside for a moment this shows there is very little business acumen at this club, with no clue how to make money other than to take bargain basement players and hope they come good.

Yet they spend upwards of 200m in
past 2 years changed complete
Team twice and yet are back in championship but thats good buisness yet city spending in bargain basement is not? :roll:

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Monmouth wrote:Harry Wilson 12 million is excellent business for Fulham. Worth 25 million in a years time. Putting the Player aside for a moment this shows there is very little business acumen at this club, with no clue how to make money other than to take bargain basement players and hope they come good.

Team twice and yet are back in championship but thats good buisness yet city spending in bargain basement is not? :roll:

I’m not interested in Fulham’s History of buying players I’m talking about ours, we had goods on approval and didn’t take advantage of the situation, this is the club we are now. This is what we have become. And this is what you and I deserve because this is what we accept now.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:26 pm

Really...? :shock:

I liked Wilson here but he hardly pulled up roses for his supposed value, did he?

Fulham have an American owner who believes his cash will buy success; but at what cost in the longer term when he leave?

His NFL team, Jacksonville Jaguars, haven't done too well of late either but that franchise will make him many more $ than the London based one

Good luck to Harry Wilson but for a fee of £12m, I'm gkad he hasn't come here

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:30 pm

Sven wrote:

I liked Wilson here but he hardly pulled up roses for his supposed value, did he?

Fulham have an American owner who believes his cash will buy success; but at what cost in the longer term when he leave?

His NFL team, Jacksonville Jaguars, haven't done too well of late either but that franchise will make him many more $ than the London based one

And which player in the whole of the football league would be “ pulling up roses “ with Baccuna Rolls and Vaulks as his supply base ????

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 pm

And which player in the whole of the football league would be “ pulling up roses “ with Baccuna Rolls and Vaulks as his supply base ????

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:38 pm

Monmouth wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I’m not interested in Fulham’s History of buying players I’m talking about ours, we had goods on approval and didn’t take advantage of the situation, this is the club we are now. This is what we have become. And this is what you and I deserve because this is what we accept now.

Goods on approval? What does that even mean?

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:17 pm

I’m not going to amplify your ignorance fella “goods on approval “ is a terminology in business

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:21 pm

And no doubt you thought Harris playing Wilson on the wing was going to help him “ pull up roses “

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:46 pm

Monmouth wrote:And which player in the whole of the football league would be “ pulling up roses “ with Baccuna Rolls and Vaulks as his supply base ????

I think the expression you mean is 'pulling up trees'. And how about Kieffer Moore?

Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:07 am

Man of Harlech
I did not originate the phrase “ pulling up roses” Sven did. I think that’s who you need to direct your comment to.

Re Moore thank you you have just made my point for me, 1.5 million is a lot of money but in the football world it is still a bargain basement buy. If we are trying to be a nursery club from now on and relying on the odd player to make big bucks we are going to fail because there are better transfer committees than ours out there than ours IMO

Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:32 am

A lot of Jealousy I can see on here, if we had bought Harry Wilson and should our intent there would be a lot of people on here jumping for joy.

We are skint because of how badly we are run behind the scenes.

We need some class ASAP in our squad .

And by the way , Media Wales as usual exaggerating its £10mill.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:40 am

Couldn’t agree more with the last comments we are badly run.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:09 am

12 mill for a player is not where we are at im afraid . but i agree with the rest of your post , if your looking for someone in that bracket to be worth more in 12 months time { providing things get a lot more normal } i cant think of many better gambles. his quality was there to be seen and would would be even more obvious with better quality around him...

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:18 am

Monmouth wrote:I’m not going to amplify your ignorance fella “goods on approval “ is a terminology in business

Aware of that patronising fook. But about a footballer?

How is this so in this context?

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:A lot of Jealousy I can see on here, if we had bought Harry Wilson and should our intent there would be a lot of people on here jumping for joy.

I mean last season we signed a player for over 1 million now worth a lot more.

We are skint because of a global pandemic.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:28 am

Monmouth wrote:
Sven wrote:

One worth £12m, fella... :thumbup:

As I said elsewhere, I am not knocking Wilson as a player but he didn't do a Bellamy or a Rambo (on loan) and transform the side last season, did he?

Would love to have had him back but as Annis states, it was never going to happen at the valuation Liverpool placed on him and our club aren't moving in a direction where it's all about NOT spending money

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:31 am

maccydee wrote:
Monmouth wrote:I’m not going to amplify your ignorance fella “goods on approval “ is a terminology in business

Aware of that patronising fook. But about a footballer?

How is this so in this context?

Neil, that one condescending post has raised my suspicions...

Monmouth a great name for him... ;) :laughing6:

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:43 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:A lot of Jealousy I can see on here, if we had bought Harry Wilson and should our intent there would be a lot of people on here jumping for joy.

I mean last season we signed a player for over 1 million now worth a lot more.

We are skint because of a global pandemic.

Neil,

We have been run badly for years and it’s to late now.

We lost all our money before the virus.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:00 am

Ha ha
Well I’m a relative newbie on here.
It’s a fantastic format and has some great contributors as the above posts indicate..

But when ever a relative newbie comes on he’s rounded on by a posse of some regular contributors, which is sad really because we all love our club and we all have our own individual points of view, and it’s not just me saying that,
I can stand my ground with any one and I’ll come back with anyone, but that’s pointless and a waste of time, ( well mine anyway)
So I expected some of the latter comments which I admit I have provoked, so I’ll leave some of you to do what you do best, and the reason why your predominantly on here.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:23 am

I agree, the money went many moons before the virus, if your blaming the virus you may as well blame Brexit or the blockage of the Suez Canal. It’s irrelevant the money has gone.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:32 am

Monmouth wrote:Ha ha
Well I’m a relative newbie on here.
It’s a fantastic format and has some great contributors as the above posts indicate..

But when ever a relative newbie comes on he’s rounded on by a posse of some regular contributors, which is sad really because we all love our club and we all have our own individual points of view, and it’s not just me saying that,
I can stand my ground with any one and I’ll come back with anyone, but that’s pointless and a waste of time, ( well mine anyway)
So I expected some of the latter comments which I admit I have provoked, so I’ll leave some of you to do what you do best, and the reason why your predominantly on here.

So you are a relative newbie but you state (quote): "when ever a relative newbie comes on he’s rounded on by a posse of some regular contributors"? :?

Would take 'experience' to know that, so excuse me if I use the word 'contradictory'

Don't blow smoke up peoples backsides, fella... ;)

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:39 am

Thank you Sven for that contribution, when I say newbie I’ve been on here a while but haven’t posted that much mainly because most of the points I would contribute have already been stated and to be fair probably better than I could.
When I have posted in the past it’s been stated by a few that my posts are irrelevant because of the lack of posts I’ve put on here so ......

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:42 am

Just to add Sven I have thought about what you said about blowing smoke up peoples backsides and I’m sorry it just doesn’t appeal to me .... but what ever turns you on