Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MICK McCARTHY HOW HE SEES IT SO FAR:

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:38 am

Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy spoke following the pre-season draw with Exeter City.

MICK McCARTHY:

“We’ve been behind twice and we gave away some soft goals. That is for sure," Mick began. “Even though it is still pre-season, If you don’t win them, people get worried about things. But importantly we’ve had lads coming back today. Nels (Curtis Nelson) has come in, Perry Ng too and Joel Bagan came into the side for the second half."

“I’m disappointed to give the goals away. But I’m happy James (Collins) got his goal again, and that Sparky (Mark Harris) came on, won the penalty and scored it."

The Bluebirds are hoping to have a number of important first team players available for selection again in the near future. Mick continued:

“We’ve got Kieffer (Moore), Rubin Colwill and Leandro Bacuna to comeback after international duty and isolation.

“Big Sean (Morrison) too. He’s coming back. He might be looking at Tuesday or Saturday and it’ll be good to have him back.

“I won’t say we weren’t looking to win the games, because we were. I’d like to finish pre-season with victories before we start the season. It is always a better feeling if you do.”

It was another impressive outing for left-back Tom Davies at Leckwith, while young defender Taylor Jones was called into the squad for this fixture.

“Tom certainly took his chance again. Taylor, as well, he’s a real competitor. He’s about 5’10 but he jumps around 6’4.”

The boss also discussed the impact of Ryan Giles since arriving in the Welsh capital city.

“He caught my eye playing as a left-wing back originally,” Mick added. “He can play there, wide left of a three, or he can play in a 4-3-3. He has a wonderful left foot when he gets the chance to get crosses in.

“He does standout because of his pace and his movement and he’ll be a good signing for us.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.