Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

They get their man, deal worth up to £10mill & Sign Spurs

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:58 am

CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB FULHAM FC:

The Club is delighted to announce the signings of Harry Wilson and Paulo Gazzaniga.

Wilson signs from Liverpool on a deal worth up to £10million and could see the player remain at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2026.

Gazzaniga joins on a two-year deal, following the expiry of his Tottenham Hotspur contract last month, keeping him with the Club until the summer of 2023.

HARRY WILSON

24-year-old Wilson, a left-footed attacking midfielder, primarily operates on the right wing but has also featured on the opposite flank, as well as centrally.

Born in Wales, he had been with Liverpool for 15 years, with a first taste of senior domestic football coming on loan with League One Crewe Alexandra as an 18-year-old during the 2015/16 season.

A Liverpool debut came the following season, before he exploded onto the scene when he was sent on loan to Hull City for the second half of 2017/18, scoring seven goals in just 11 Championship starts.

His final goals for the Tigers were a brace during a thrilling 5-5 draw at Ashton Gate, in which Joe Bryan and Bobby De Cordova-Reid were also on target for Bristol City.

Wilson was back on loan in the Championship the following season, this time for the duration of the campaign, with Derby County.

It was a fantastic year for both player and club, though they fell just short in the Play-Off Final where they were beaten by Aston Villa, who bounced back from their Wembley defeat by Fulham 12 months earlier.

Wilson scored a phenomenal 18 goals from midfield for the Rams, including a vital penalty in their memorable second leg victory over Leeds United in the Play-Off Semi-Finals.

Fans may also recall a stunning free-kick he netted against Manchester United in a Carabao Cup victory at Old Trafford.

Derby might not have been playing Premier League football the following season, but Wilson was.

His goalscoring exploits prompted AFC Bournemouth to move for his services, with Wilson featuring in 31 of their 38 top-flight fixtures and returning an impressive haul of seven goals.

He matched that tally while back in his homeland on loan with Cardiff City last term, while also registering a career best 12 assists during his season in the Welsh capital.

Wilson actually played for the Wales senior team before any of his club sides, with Chris Coleman giving him a debut in their 1-1 World Cup Qualifier against Belgium in October 2013.

At the age of 16 years and 207 days, it made Wilson the youngest player to ever represent Wales, taking a record that was previously held by Gareth Bale.

It would be several years before he represented his country again, but he marked his first start with a wonderful goal in a victory over China.

Wilson was named in the Wales squad for this summer’s European Championship, featuring in three of their four matches, meaning he now has 29 caps for his country.

Speaking to FFCtv after signing, Wilson said: “I’m delighted to sign for Fulham. From my first chat with the Gaffer on the phone, I loved what he was saying and felt that he understood me as a player, and that played a massive role in me coming here.

“The ambition of the Club to get back into the Premier League appealed to me as that’s where we all want to be. I’m hoping I can come here, have a good season and help get the Club back into the Premier League.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: They get their man deal worth up to £10mill & Sign Spurs

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:59 am

how are they complying with ffp rules ? ,I can't really see how they are .

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:03 am

Harry Wilson makes admission after completing Fulham transfer

By Chris Thorpe

25 July 2021

New Fulham signing Harry Wilson has admitted that he is delighted to have to joined the club from Liverpool this summer, during a recent interview that he gave to the club’s official website.

The 24-year-old Welshman arrived at Craven Cottage for a reported fee of £10 million and will be looking to make another lasting impact at Sky Bet Championship level after spending the last couple of seasons out on loan from Anfield.

A winger by trade who can also play in the number 10 position, Wilson has signed a contract with the Whites until the summer of 2026 and will be looking to make a good impression under the guidance of Marco Silva.

Speaking recently after completing the move to West London, Wilson had this to say:

HARRY WILSON:

“Delighted. I think from my first chat with the gaffer on the phone a couple of weeks ago, I loved what he was saying.

“He’d watched me and studied me as a player, so that played a massive role in me coming here and I think the ambition of the club to get back into the Premier League is something that we can all get behind.

“So yeah, I’ve come here to have a good season and I want to get the club back into the Premier League.”

Fulham quiz: Have any of these 25 players ever scored against the Cottagers?

Wilson spent last season on loan at Cardiff City and racked up an impressive seven goals and 11 assists for the Bluebirds across all competitions.

The Wales international leaves Liverpool after making just two first team appearances.

The Verdict

The signing of Wilson will certainly make a lot of people sit up and take notice in the Championship, because the reported fee of £10million that was paid by the Whites looks fantastic value.

It’s a big investment for Fulham to make at this level and it shows just how strong they can be in the current transfer window when so many other sides are affected by the pandemic.

A lot of pressure will be put on his shoulders to perform as a result of this and I think it will be intriguing to see how he gets on in Silva’s system.

I think this could be the signing of the summer in the second tier if Wilson can repeat the type of form that he showed at both Derby County and Cardiff in the past.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: They get their man, deal worth up to £10mill & Sign Spur

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:18 am

Reply Twitter:

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:21 am

Reply Twitter:

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:37 am

Reply FB:

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:45 am

wez1927 wrote:how are they complying with ffp rules ? ,I can't really see how they are .

They are using their parachute payments to cover it. If they don't go up in the next few seasons they could be the next Derby.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:22 pm

dazza wrote:
wez1927 wrote:how are they complying with ffp rules ? ,I can't really see how they are .

They are using their parachute payments to cover it. If they don't go up in the next few seasons they could be the next Derby.

The amount they've spent in the last few years is insane I still don't think they are far from oblivion

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:38 pm

dazza wrote:

£100m in £220m+ out does not add up they already are way out of FFP rules :thumbup:

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:11 pm

Igovernor wrote:
dazza wrote:

£100m in £220m+ out does not add up they already are way out of FFP rules :thumbup:

They have sold players but considering the amount actually spent past couple seasons what have they done? Just End back In championship
our club got slagged off for doing what Fulham did yet people are praising them for doing same.. :o ..... they're now off spending again to try to back up difference being got a new manager in Silva Who is an upgrade on parker..

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Juat read a report that they don't make transfer payments untill next year to beat ffp ,seems a bit unfair

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
dazza wrote:

They have sold players but considering the amount actually spent past couple seasons what have they done? Just End back In championship
our club got slagged off for doing what Fulham did yet people are praising them for doing same.. :o ..... they're now off spending again to try to back up difference being got a new manager in Silva Who is an upgrade on parker..

what did our club get slagged off for that Fulham have done ..?

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:24 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
dazza wrote:

Spending 200+million and not staying in premier league and buying players and then selling them cheaper following season.. is that not what city did and constantly get slagged off for wasting millions? Always getting constant reminders of wasted money ect on players on here . :old:

Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
dazza wrote:

Spending 200+million and not staying in premier league and buying players and then selling them cheaper following season.. is that not what city did and constantly get slagged off for wasting millions? Always getting constant reminders of wasted money ect on players on here . :old:

And if you need any proof just take a look around forum same crap spouted time and time again... :clap: :clap: :clap: