Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Sol Bamba Reveals '

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:45 am

Sol Bamba reveals Boro talks

Monday 26th July 2021

Sol Bamba has revealed he has held discussions over joining Middlesbrough.

The defender was released by Cardiff City this summer and has since linked up with Neil Warnock up at Boro, training with the squad and even turning out for the under-23s against Redcar Athletic in the week.

There have been murmurings that a permanent contract had been discussed and the 36-year-old confirmed those talks had taken place.

SOL BAMBA:

"If I said to you it hasn't been discussed I'd be lying and I'm not a liar," Bamba told TeessideLive.

"We're just waiting to see and taking one step at a time. The gaffer knows me, I know him. He knows I'll get as fit as I can and I'll help him, and he knows I can do a job. But first and foremost I have to feel right and get fit. We'll see what happens."

It was something of a surprise to many that Bamba was let go. Many thought a deal could be struck which found a happy medium between his time on the pitch and on the coaching beat with the academy.

Alas, no deal was met, with the player unlikely to get any game time under Mick McCarthy, but Bamba remains adamant he wants to play for another year.

Bamba added: "It's been well documented I said I wanted to do another year, but I won't do it if I don't feel OK and I won't do it for the sake of it. I want to do it right.

"Right now, I feel good. That's the most important thing. At the minute I'm just training, we'll see how my fitness is. If I get another opportunity to do another year I will do it, if not I will go straight into coaching. I'm doing my badges. If I have to stop I will stop and start my journey as a future manager."

Re: ' Sol Bamba Reveals '

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:50 am

Loved him here and have total respect for the man.
Surprised there’s been no ‘thank you’ to the city fans though (regardless to what he thinks of the clubs hierarchy) as they certainly took him to their heart.