Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY TEAM: “ CCFC TONIGHT “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:03 am

CardiffCity:Phillips, Ng, McGuinness, Nelson, Brown, Bagan, Bowen, Pack, Trialist, Collins, Giles.

Subs: Smithies, Ratcliffe, Flint, Connolly, Denham, T. Davies, Jones, Vaulks, D'Almeida, Ralls, Tomlin, Whyte, Murphy, Zimba, Harris.

Ah, trialist is Marley Watkins again.

Cardiff City 0 Southampton 4 kicks off at 7pm on Tuesday, July 27.

Cardiff City will play this game in front of fans for the first time since February 2020, with a maximum of 8,000 permitted to attend Cardiff City Stadium.

CARDIFF CITY 0 SOUTHAMPTON 4 :cry: :cry:
H-T 0-1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CCFC TONIGHT “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:10 am

“ Latest CCFC Team News “ :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy confirmed that Isaac Vassell missed Saturday's clash with Exeter City due to a knock in training, rendering him unlikely to feature against Southampton.

Vassell, who netted in the 5-0 win over Bath City earlier in the month, has been working his way back towards a first-team return this summer after previously spending the best part of two years on the treatment table.

But the striker wasn't included in the matchday squad for Saturday's 2-2 draw with Exeter City, and McCarthy has confirmed that he has suffered a setback on his road to a full recovery.

"Isaac Vassell was training yesterday, and he was going to play today but unfortunately he pulled up," McCarthy said.

"He's okay. He's a bit fatigued and hasn't been playing for a while, but he's come back and trained really hard.

"They'll all be okay. They're little knocks."

New signing Ryan Wintle is suffering with a hip flexor issue so is touch-and-go, while Sean Morrison could return if not against Southampton then Exeter City on Saturday.

Josh Murphy has not played in pre-season, either. He has been training, however McCarthy doesn't think he is ready to start a game just yet.

Tom Sang is still nursing his toe after he underwent an operation on it, but he is likely to be passed fit to play against the Saints.

Meanwhile, Kieron Evans has also missed all of pre-season so far. It was thought that he would get a little run ahead of the new campaign, but he did his ankle ligaments blocking a shot in training.

He has started running again, though, and should be back within a couple of weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CCFC TONIGHT “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:56 pm

Ah, trialist is Marley Watkins again.

Re: CARDIFF CITY TEAM: “ CCFC TONIGHT “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:58 pm

CardiffCity: Phillips, Ng, McGuinness, Nelson, Brown, Bagan, Bowen, Pack, Trialist, Collins, Giles.

Subs: Smithies, Ratcliffe, Flint, Connolly, Denham, T. Davies, Jones, Vaulks, D'Almeida, Ralls, Tomlin, Whyte, Murphy, Zimba, Harris.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Where is Sang? Don’t think he has featured during pregnancy season at all, but don’t remember reading anything about him being injured?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:50 pm

Blue78 wrote:Where is Sang? Don’t think he has featured during pregnancy season at all, but don’t remember reading anything about him being injured?

Remind to lock up my daughters.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:59 pm

I'm watching on CCFC TV tonight.
I didn't know who the trialist was initially as they are only able to call him 'trialist 24' in commentary. (with Jason Perry)
It was like watching 'The Masked Singer' trying to guess who it was. :lol:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:29 pm

@Leetomlin10 (17), Josh Murphy (11), Taylor Jones (7) & Tom Davies (28) replace Ciaron Brown (30), Perry Ng (38), @ryangiles7 (26) & @sparkyharris11 (29). (0-2

Cardiff City 0 Southampton 3

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:35 pm

Hard to watch. Totally outclassed. I don't understand why Moore and Colwill are sat in the stands and are not taking any part in this? The back four desperately misses Morrison too.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:36 pm

Great save Phillips!

Tella hits it first time after Redmond's cross, but the keeper parries away strongly.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:40 pm

Cardiff City 0 Southampton 4 :cry: :cry:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:14 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
Blue78 wrote:Where is Sang? Don’t think he has featured during pregnancy season at all, but don’t remember reading anything about him being injured?

Remind to lock up my daughters.

Ha! Predictive text at its absolute best!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:34 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:I'm watching on CCFC TV tonight.
I didn't know who the trialist was initially as they are only able to call him 'trialist 24' in commentary. (with Jason Perry)
It was like watching 'The Masked Singer' trying to guess who it was. :lol:

you should have kept that idea under wraps mate... youll be gutted when Simon Cowell or whoever sells the format to some company in the states for ~£££££££££££s ...sounds a lot more interesting than the masked dancer thats for sure and made me laugh... :thumbup: