Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CCFC TEAM NEWS “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:11 am

“ Latest CCFC Team News “ :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy confirmed that Isaac Vassell missed Saturday's clash with Exeter City due to a knock in training, rendering him unlikely to feature against Southampton.

Vassell, who netted in the 5-0 win over Bath City earlier in the month, has been working his way back towards a first-team return this summer after previously spending the best part of two years on the treatment table.

But the striker wasn't included in the matchday squad for Saturday's 2-2 draw with Exeter City, and McCarthy has confirmed that he has suffered a setback on his road to a full recovery.

"Isaac Vassell was training yesterday, and he was going to play today but unfortunately he pulled up," McCarthy said.

"He's okay. He's a bit fatigued and hasn't been playing for a while, but he's come back and trained really hard.

"They'll all be okay. They're little knocks."

New signing Ryan Wintle is suffering with a hip flexor issue so is touch-and-go, while Sean Morrison could return if not against Southampton then Exeter City on Saturday.

Josh Murphy has not played in pre-season, either. He has been training, however McCarthy doesn't think he is ready to start a game just yet.

Tom Sang is still nursing his toe after he underwent an operation on it, but he is likely to be passed fit to play against the Saints.

Meanwhile, Kieron Evans has also missed all of pre-season so far. It was thought that he would get a little run ahead of the new campaign, but he did his ankle ligaments blocking a shot in training.

He has started running again, though, and should be back within a couple of weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CCFC TEAM NEWS “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:15 am

What’s up with Murphy then I wonder? Fitness? Attitude?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:11 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:What’s up with Murphy then I wonder? Fitness? Attitude?

I know it wasn’t as if he was playing every game last season, but I think it’s the first time in a few years where he had a run of games and had a healthy run out last season. Possibly could’ve tired him out as he’s not used to it, so needs as much rest as someone like Moore for example. Pretty sure it’s nothing big, fatigue or a slight knock. Anything more I think Mccarthy would’ve said.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:19 am

In the case of Vassel then the season hasn't even started and he is missing two games already.Does not bode well.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:07 pm

Crayfish wrote:In the case of Vassel then the season hasn't even started and he is missing two games already.Does not bode well.

the games are largely about minutes...but very little point in minutes if your going to aggravate any sort of injury... and it seems lots have missed games with minor niggles not just Vassel...

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Trialist in tam with a week to the start of the season ?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:39 pm

What is the team line up tonight?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:39 pm

mugsy wrote:What is the team line up tonight?

There’s a thread below that shows this mate.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Ah, trialist is Marley Watkins again.