“ Joe Bennett “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Joe Bennett “

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:12 pm

skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Time to move on from him tbh ,at fault for a lot of goals last season ,wages are to big for me ,just not worth it give the youngsters a chance

we are forced to move on as is Mick { on what planet is forced to downgrade good though } ...but Joe has been top notch for us and if you couldnt see it before even mr magoo must have picked up on it after his injury.. yes he has made mistakes as all players do..but most of the ones youve blamed him for were because he was attacking , cant be in 2 places at once and not adequately covered { thats tactical Wez and down to the manager S to have either sorted the shift across/ drop in cover or stop him joining attacks ,which none of the 3 managers did ....

Absolutely Spot on :thumbright:

The truth :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:I'm not convinced on Bagan, we need a left back/left wingback, we haven't adequately replaced Bennet have we?

In best spell we had Bennet and Murphy linked really well!

Watch your not allowed an opinion if it’s different and we don’t agree with the committee getting rid of Bennett.

I can’t even compare Bagan with with Bennett just my opinion.

I rate Bennett highly .

Annis I haven't read the whole thread yet and just jumped in, but totally agree Bennett was a very solid player, you could see how influential he was when he was injured, our form dipped immediately we were on an amazing run and he was a very important part of the success of that team!

Bagan doesn't compare to Bennett yet, if it's not him, we need a reliable solid left sided defensive player :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:30 pm

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:I still dont get the clamour for Bennett. But there again I have preference for full backs who know how to defend

It’s interesting how we all see the game differently. My opinion is that the role of the full back gained more attacking impetus with the introduction of not one, but occasionally two holding midfielders in the modern game, who are employed to drift across to cover defensive duties.

Also, Bennett wouldn’t be playing at full back in our current formation, he would be a wingback, with greater license to get forward and even less defensive responsibility, not that I think he’s bad in this aspect. I do believe over the past few seasons, mental and physical fatigue hasn’t helped due to a lack of rotational options of the same standard, which is testament to his elevated ability.

I’ve said it before, especially given the fact he’s played all his football at Cardiff City in the top 2 divisions of the English tier, but I’m yet to see an overall better LB in my time watching the Bluebirds since 1988. The guy oozes class, works hard, has great technical ability and a “get into um” physical approach to tackling.

If it’s an out and out defender you want, look no further than someone like Ciaron Brown who I’m sure could defend admirably (and offer very little else), because at our current level and given the financial circumstances, we’d struggle to get a better, experienced professional than Joe Bennett. Obviously, a youth prospect would make sense purely based on finances, but sometimes in life, you don’t realise what you had until it’s gone. :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army

Postby skidemin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:42 pm

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:I still dont get the clamour for Bennett. But there again I have preference for full backs who know how to defend

you dont get to have a 300 plus appearances record all at top end of championship and prem if you can not defend....
skidemin

Postby DeepBlueFC2 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:11 am

skidemin wrote:

you dont get to have a 300 plus appearances record all at top end of championship and prem if you can not defend....

*Cough Cough* Scott Malone
DeepBlueFC2

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:19 am

DeepBlueFC2 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

*Cough Cough* Scott Malone

i did say top end championship /prem.....
not sure if coughcough has got 300...Malone hasnt...
skidemin

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:06 am

Left back is far from a problem position.
Central midfield is going to stifle us again this season. Safe and dull is MacArthy’s style unfortunately for us fans. :cry:
Danny Says

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Joe bennett has gone, enough said, it would not surprise me to see him end up at Middlesborough, Warnock has already got, Peltier, Bamba, Hoilett? Harris, and mendez lang if he can prove his fitness. Bennett? and now maybe Brown. I think he is building a team out of ex city players. Allready halfway there :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Igovernor

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:16 pm

Igovernor wrote:Joe bennett has gone, enough said, it would not surprise me to see him end up at Middlesborough, Warnock has already got, Peltier, Bamba, Hoilett? Harris, and mendez lang if he can prove his fitness. Bennett? and now maybe Brown. I think he is building a team out of ex city players. Allready halfway there :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

out of all them.. he has Peltier...
skidemin

Previous

Return to General Chat