Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Joe Bennett “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:54 am

I just watched Joe Bennett’s videos of him training yesterday :thumbright:

I watched about three different videos and Bennett is looking sharp and virtually fit :thumbright:

I honestly feel we need a player like Joe Bennett and it was the loss of Bennett last season that changed our game.

I feel we should be looking to give him this season :bluebird:

Also it just shows if you have the right attitude you can do it and unlike some players Bennett has the perfect attitude we need st CCFC :bluebird: :bluebird:

It’s not like we have to buy Bennett.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Joe Bennett “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:04 am

What are his wage demands...

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:08 am

Reply Fb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:13 am

robbo wrote:What are his wage demands...

That’s the sticking point. It’s a way of getting a big wage off the bill and replace with a comparable small one (Bagan). Will the gamble come off is the question.
Annis I’ve looked at his training videos that he puts on YouTube and I agree that it’s clear he’s a top pro.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:25 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s the sticking point. It’s a way of getting a big wage off the bill and replace with a comparable small one (Bagan). Will the gamble come off is the question.
Annis I’ve looked at his training videos that he puts on YouTube and I agree that it’s clear he’s a top pro.

Andrew,

100% a top pro :thumbright: :bluebird:

I bet he has come down massively on his wages, on this I don’t 100% know but you have to have some real quality to go with all our youngsters as we won’t be challenging for promotion otherwise.
You need to have a good mix :bluebird:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew,

I bet he has come down massively on his wages, on this I don’t 100% know but you have to have some real quality to go with all our youngsters as we won’t be challenging for promotion otherwise.

I agree.
It’ll be interesting that’s for sure :thumbup:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:43 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew,

I agree.
It’ll be interesting that’s for sure :thumbup:

I must admit I'm finding this a strange one.

Does anyone know where he's training, is it still at the Vale ? We heard that he'd moved house a while ago (Surrey ?) so I presumed he had another club lined up.

Maybe that fell through because of the injury or, like us, clubs are having to re-look at the finances post-COVID ?

He's the only player leaving that I would want to keep but we just don't know what he's asking for or, possibly more importantly, how long a contract he wants.

One thing is for sure, this is a player who looks after himself and rarely misses a game, up to now, so even if we did give him a couple of years to take him to 34, we'd probably get our money's worth whether he's in the first team or helping develop a successor.

To my eyes I still see a gap in the left back position. Bagan will take it eventually and I hear MM saying Giles can play there but I just wonder/hope that they are keeping a gap for Bennett in the hope that the re-signs.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:21 am

Reply FB:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 am

Time to move on from him tbh ,at fault for a lot of goals last season ,wages are to big for me ,just not worth it give the youngsters a chance

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:51 am

I still dont get the clamour for Bennett. But there again I have preference for full backs who know how to defend

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 am

You gotta let this Tomlin rivalry go. Pretty obvious considering your recent history who you’re comparing this professionalism to. Lee is a city player. Whilst he still remains a city player it’s strange to me for someone to want to publicly try and criticise / humiliate a player at their own club. Out of curiosity How many Baleares players have you argued with or blocked on Twitter? Anyway, not having a go, just think this undertone and subtle remarks at city players needs to stop, personally. It’s really toxic, especially when they’re likely going to be playing for us this season.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:17 am

I wholeheartedly agree with focussing on youth development and giving youngsters a chance.

But it does seem this season it's forced on us for financial reasons.

And while it is welcome - we are losing some decent pros and perhaps the balance isn't quite right.

I would imagine we could lose another one or two senior players and in that case would have gone from an average aged squad of 29 some times under Warnock to this season around 23.

I wasn't too disappointed to see Joe leave, but he is ONE player who exudes professionalism and would be great at helping the youngsters come through.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:27 am

DeepBlueFC2 wrote:You gotta let this Tomlin rivalry go. Pretty obvious considering your recent history who you’re comparing this professionalism to. Lee is a city player. Whilst he still remains a city player it’s strange to me for someone to want to publicly try and criticise / humiliate a player at their own club. Out of curiosity How many Baleares players have you argued with or blocked on Twitter? Anyway, not having a go, just think this undertone and subtle remarks at city players needs to stop, personally. It’s really toxic, especially when they’re likely going to be playing for us this season.

I do not have one ounce of respect for Lee Tomlin and I have given my reasons and facts time and time again.

Cost our club £millions

I can tell you now Big Mick has been virtually forced to keep him and was not happy.

Also all his six previous clubs he had done similar and let them down.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DeepBlueFC2 wrote:You gotta let this Tomlin rivalry go. Pretty obvious considering your recent history who you’re comparing this professionalism to. Lee is a city player. Whilst he still remains a city player it’s strange to me for someone to want to publicly try and criticise / humiliate a player at their own club. Out of curiosity How many Baleares players have you argued with or blocked on Twitter? Anyway, not having a go, just think this undertone and subtle remarks at city players needs to stop, personally. It’s really toxic, especially when they’re likely going to be playing for us this season.

I do not have one ounce of respect for Lee Tomlin and I have given my reasons and facts time and time again.

Cost our club £millions

I can tell you now Big Mick has been virtually forced to keep him and was not happy.

I appreciate fans don’t have to like every player at their club. But I just think there’s no need for the negativity. I think the perspective of “prove me wrong” would be better. He’s come out before about his mental health and how he would gain weight because of his own lack of respect etc. Just because he got better a couple years ago doesn’t mean he hasn’t felt the same since. Just think we should want to help a quality player like Tomlin get back to his best, rather than cutting ties and showing little to no empathy for his struggles, wether or not you want to acknowledge them.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:10 am

DeepBlueFC2 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cost our club £millions

I appreciate fans don’t have to like every player at their club. But I just think there’s no need for the negativity. I think the perspective of “prove me wrong” would be better. He’s come out before about his mental health and how he would gain weight because of his own lack of respect etc. Just because he got better a couple years ago doesn’t mean he hasn’t felt the same since. Just think we should want to help a quality player like Tomlin get back to his best, rather than cutting ties and showing little to no empathy for his struggles, wether or not you want to acknowledge them.

Bang on people are forgetting he had an operation he put off and has been recovering from it, seems to be in good shape atm

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 am

Unfortunately you are right Annis. But it is such a shame

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:34 am

wez1927 wrote:
DeepBlueFC2 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cost our club £millions

Bang on people are forgetting he had an operation he put off and has been recovering from it, seems to be in good shape atm

Same old story at all his previous clubs and Wez, what about his first two years at Cardiff??

Also Bennett does not look big and fat after his operation.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:35 am

Ian Gibson fanclub wrote:Unfortunately you are right Annis. But it is such a shame

I wish I wasn’t right, it is a shame.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
DeepBlueFC2 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cost our club £millions

Same old story at all his previous clubs and Wez, what about his first two years at Cardiff??

he was excellent before his operation last year ,give him a chance this year, he is easily been our most creative player also tomlin is in good shape atm

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:48 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
DeepBlueFC2 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cost our club £millions

he was excellent before his operation last year ,give him a chance this year, he is easily been our most creative player also tomlin is in good shape atm

The first two years and his years at previous clubs, he has had chance after chance after chance

Their are over 15 articles on him club after club he was given more chances and every club let them down.

From Rushden, Bournemouth, Boro, Peterborough, Bristol City, Cardiff City every two years or even a year he says “I am changed, I’ve learnt my lesson and you will see a new Tomlin.”

Yes quality player but what a let down to the clubs and himself.

Tomlin will be 33years old this season.

From his first club Rushden & Diomonds

This is just one article as BORO gave him a fresh start:

He was rejected by Leicester and Liverpool because of his attitude.

He was sent out on loan by Rushden and Diamonds as he was continually unfit.

He was even more than 12kg overweight for a footballer.

But now, Middlesbrough’s Lee Tomlin is considered the finest player in the Championship.

And on Sunday, the 26-year-old forward will aim to help his second-tier side topple Premier League giants Arsenal in the FA Cup fifth round.

Having been dangerously close to blowing his career due to his bad attitude and taste for fast food, he is now hungry to make up for lost opportunities.

That was evident when he helped Boro dump moneybags Manchester City out in the previous round.

His manager Aitor Karanka says he is a natural No.10 with two great feet and a burst of pace, a view endorsed by the recent Player-of-the-Month award.

“Lee is 26 and deserves another chance in his career and we are going to give it to him.”

Sunday’s game against the Gunners will be another chance for Tomlin to show what he can do.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:26 am

wez1927 wrote:Time to move on from him tbh ,at fault for a lot of goals last season ,wages are to big for me ,just not worth it give the youngsters a chance

Spot on Wez.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:31 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Time to move on from him tbh ,at fault for a lot of goals last season ,wages are to big for me ,just not worth it give the youngsters a chance

Spot on Wez.

:lol:

Unbelievable

I want the youngsters to make it, biggest fan of wanting them to succeed , I have been wanting it to happen for 11 years, just amazed suddenly we have up to 10 Championship players all come through at once.
We shall see this season :thumbright: :thumbright:

Still believe Joe Bennett is good enough and def will be missed, allowed to have my opinion not be dictated to and told to move on, unbelievable.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Spot on Wez.

Unbelievable

I want the youngsters to make it, biggest fan of wanting them to succeed , I have been wanting it to happen for 11 years, just amazed suddenly we have up to 10 Championship players all come through at once.

Still believe Joe Bennett is good enough and def will be missed, allowed to have my opinion not be dictated to and told to move on, unbelievable.

Wez got a point,improved as a wing/back but was responsible for a few goals last season and given time he would have been eclipsed by Bagan anyway.Sad the way its finished for him but I think MM is happy to rely with what he's got.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Spot on Wez.

Unbelievable

Whos told you to move on? my post was a general post it wasn't tagged in reply to yours ,seems like your taking things personal again . Davies and bagan coming through would prefer to give them a go than someone who wants 20 k a week tbh

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:52 am

:happy1:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Spot on Wez.

Unbelievable

Whos told you to move on? my post was a general post it wasn't tagged in reply to yours ,seems like your taking things personal again . Davies and bagan coming through would prefer to give them a go than someone who wants 20 k a week tbh

Well Tomlins been costing us that for years and yet some back him still.
Even if he has a good season this season, what he has cost us over the years he is has not been worth it.

At least Bennett is consistent and in my opinion been well worth having.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Spot on Wez.

Unbelievable

Wez got a point,improved as a wing/back but was responsible for a few goals last season and given time he would have been eclipsed by Bagan anyway.Sad the way its finished for him but I think MM is happy to rely with what he's got.

I like MM focusing more on youth ,i know its probably been forced on him by the current situation but it's definitely the way forward

Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Spot on Wez.

Unbelievable

I like MM focusing more on youth ,8 know its probably been forced on him by the current situation but it's definitely the way forward

Wez, of course youth is the way forward :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Just have my doubts on how many of these current lot are real Championship players.

And Mick sadly has been forced to put more in that he would of liked to have had to.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:28 pm

I'm not convinced on Bagan, we need a left back/left wingback, we haven't adequately replaced Bennet have we?

In best spell we had Bennet and Murphy linked really well!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:08 pm

we are forced to move on as is Mick { on what planet is forced to downgrade good though } ...but Joe has been top notch for us and if you couldnt see it before even mr magoo must have picked up on it after his injury.. yes he has made mistakes as all players do..but most of the ones youve blamed him for were because he was attacking , cant be in 2 places at once and not adequately covered { thats tactical Wez and down to the manager S to have either sorted the shift across/ drop in cover or stop him joining attacks ,which none of the 3 managers did ....

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:10 pm

Bluebina wrote:I'm not convinced on Bagan, we need a left back/left wingback, we haven't adequately replaced Bennet have we?

In best spell we had Bennet and Murphy linked really well!

Watch your not allowed an opinion if it’s different and we don’t agree with the committee getting rid of Bennett.

I can’t even compare Bagan with with Bennett just my opinion.

I rate Bennett highly .