Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Latest on Season Tickets “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 pm

Middle of August and towards the end of August New Season Ticket Cards will be sent to your homes :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Apparently a ballot is being done for first home game v Barnsley.

Re: “ Season Tickets “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:24 pm

So I take it they aren't expecting a full house on the 7th then?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Middle of August and towards the end of August New Season Ticket Cards will be sent to your homes :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

So will paper tickets be sent out til then Annis?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:32 pm

dazza wrote:So I take it they aren't expecting a full house on the 7th then?

No

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:25 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Middle of August and towards the end of August New Season Ticket Cards will be sent to your homes :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Yes :thumbup:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Soz for the questions but when will they be told how many we can have as capacity a week Saturday?
Freedom day for Wales has been talked about but it’s possible that CCFC have already been told how many they can have v Barnsley.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm

To be honest that’s not really good enough annis those cards should already be posted ready for the start of the season so if we have a chance of getting picked for the games least we have got our cards ready

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:12 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Soz for the questions but when will they be told how many we can have as capacity a week Saturday?
Freedom day for Wales has been talked about but it’s possible that CCFC have already been told how many they can have v Barnsley.

Not sure if been told how many can have as is subject to change depending on covid infections.. but suspect they have been told as they've said paper tickets for 1st game suspect got enough seats to accommodate all st holders using whole stadium inc upper ninian ...

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:15 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

If Drakeford changes his mind and the current rules stay in place for the 7th then the capacity will be set at 8000 as they are for tonight and Saturday.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:18 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:To be honest that’s not really good enough annis those cards should already be posted ready for the start of the season so if we have a chance of getting picked for the games least we have got our cards ready

I think they will probably do the draw Monday or Tuesday and send out the paper tickets on Wednesday, Drakeford has really left the club with no other option.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:19 pm

dazza wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

If Drakeford changes his mind and the current rules stay in place for the 7th then the capacity will be set at 8000 as they are for tonight and Saturday.

He’s a fool but even he should see that things have got better and are heading in the right direction. I’m thinking we’ll certainly be ok for all ST holders and maybe more.
How many ST holders do we have anyway?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:19 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:To be honest that’s not really good enough annis those cards should already be posted ready for the start of the season so if we have a chance of getting picked for the games least we have got our cards ready

If issue cards they need to be activated before sending out? If there are more st holders than allowed capacity there will be a ballot ..... all of these things are time consuming and expensive to initiate? Its WG fault for not having clear plans for club to go by! Announcement is due same time season starts .... how is club meant to sort out ticketing on this basis?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:22 pm

dazza wrote:

I think they will probably do the draw Monday or Tuesday and send out the paper tickets on Wednesday, Drakeford has really left the club with no other option.

They will use whole of ground to try facilitate st holders when I spoke to club they said was optimistic had enough room to fit all st holders by moving them around stadium like upper ninian stand but if not a ballot will happen

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dazza wrote:

They will use whole of ground to try facilitate st holders when I spoke to club they said was optimistic had enough room to fit all st holders by moving them around stadium like upper ninian stand but if not a ballot will happen

I hope the ballot will take into account the amount of time that people have been ST holders for.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:47 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dazza wrote:

I hope the ballot will take into account the amount of time that people have been ST holders for.

Not sure that's possible because obviously people have to apply for tickets so that will just add to work needed to sort things out.... should be interesting as I sit in level 4 do they ballot just people there for those seats? I do know rest of ground will be shared around stadium so people will end up in a different stand... all unessasry simple solution would have been for club to be allowed accommodate all st holders by WG that way club will have weeks to sort out seating but drakeford is a t++t and doesn't care about any buisnesses its not only football hes fcked up.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dazza wrote:

Not sure that's possible because obviously people have to apply for tickets so that will just add to work needed to sort things out.... should be interesting as I sit in level 4 do they ballot just people there for those seats? I do know rest of ground will be shared around stadium so people will end up in a different stand... all unessasry simple solution would have been for club to be allowed accommodate all st holders by WG that way club will have weeks to sort out seating but drakeford is a t++t and doesn't care about any buisnesses its not only football hes fcked up.

‘Apply for tickets’ sounds sooo ridiculous. Hopefully all ST holders will be issued a ticket by say the Wednesday before.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:56 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dazza wrote:

‘Apply for tickets’ sounds sooo ridiculous. Hopefully all ST holders will be issued a ticket by say the Wednesday before.

If all st holders can get in tickets be sent out before game..... but meant if it's a ballot you'll need apply for tickets.... like said totally unessasry if drakeford talked to clubs but he wont he just dictates what he wants

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dazza wrote:

If all st holders can get in tickets be sent out before game..... but meant if it's a ballot you'll need apply for tickets.... like said totally unessasry if drakeford talked to clubs but he wont he just dictates what he wants

Al am I right to assume that applying would mean that it would eliminate those who didn’t bother applying? Or am I staying the bleeding obvious :laughing5:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dazza wrote:

The club would draw 8000 season ticket holders from the data base and they would get the 1st game and then go to the back of the list for the next game.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:16 pm

dazza wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dazza wrote:

The club would draw 8000 season ticket holders from the data base and they would get the 1st game and then go to the back of the list for the next game.

Not sure on that as I’m thinking there’d be a fair few maybe not going to first match for whatever reason. Tbh I think the ballot that Pemb Al is speaking about seems the fairest way but I’m a bit concerned as to whether the CCFC ticketing system would cope. Hopefully it’s all in hand :thumbup:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dazza wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dazza wrote:

Not sure on that as I’m thinking there’d be a fair few maybe not going to first match for whatever reason. Tbh I think the ballot that Pemb Al is speaking about seems the fairest way but I’m a bit concerned as to whether the CCFC ticketing system would cope. Hopefully it’s all in hand :thumbup:

Any fans not drawn in 1st ballot for Barnsley will obviously be credited for missed game and will be given ticket 1st for next game if ballot required lets hope doesn't come to this.. as said club confident can fit all st holders in ground by using whole stadium

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Wherever possible tickets will be issued as digital mobile / NFC mobile tickets.
Supporters are encouraged to use this option via their mobile phone for stadium
access.

From the fan rules post... Does this mean a new App is coming?

I went to the rugby in the principality the other week. Ticket all via a new app. Worked well to be fair.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:12 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Apparently yes :thumbright:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Wherever possible tickets will be issued as digital mobile / NFC mobile tickets.
access.

I went to the rugby in the principality the other week. Ticket all via a new app. Worked well to be fair.

That's fine for you young pups but what about old farts like me (and there are plenty like me) who have no idea WTF a "digital mobile/NFC mobile ticket" even is?

I can safely say that I have no clue what they are or how to get the "App" on my phone.

Another hurdle for the technologically illiterate like me :old:

Re: “ Latest on Season Tickets “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Ballot means more season tickets than allowed capacity? If it's only 8k allowed that's less than 25% of full capacity ? :o

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Apparently yes :thumbright:

Another terrible idea by the club.

Not seen a postman for the last four or five days. I'm guessing that postal deliveries have been massively affected by workers self isolating so how many people will fail to receive their paper tickets in time for the game?

For a multi million pound business the way the club treat their "customers" is frequently difficult to fathom.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:24 pm

davids wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Wherever possible tickets will be issued as digital mobile / NFC mobile tickets.
access.

That's fine for you young pups but what about old farts like me (and there are plenty like me) who have no idea WTF a "digital mobile/NFC mobile ticket" even is?

I can safely say that I have no clue what they are or how to get the "App" on my phone.

You can have paper ticket sure it will be on the ballot information when get it? As not everyone has the bits on fone I don't either :thumbup:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:51 pm

davids wrote:
access.

Well I'm deffo a fully paid up member of the old farts club and had to use the digital ticket off a mobile phone this evening. Thankfully the club have a video on you tube showing you what to do and in fairness it worked a treat, but as my phone doesn't have the NFC facility had to download the tickets on my grandsons iPhone which has NFC built in..

My smartphone isn't that old but without NFC it's useless and I don't think I fancy spending a few hundred £'s on an iphone just to get into the Cardiff City Stadium.

All this technology stuff is really making me feel old. :old: :old: :old:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:04 pm

castleblue wrote:
davids wrote:
access.

Well I'm deffo a fully paid up member of the old farts club and had to use the digital ticket off a mobile phone this evening. Thankfully the club have a video on you tube showing you what to do and in fairness it worked a treat, but as my phone doesn't have the NFC facility had to download the tickets on my grandsons iPhone which has NFC built in..

My smartphone isn't that old but without NFC it's useless and I don't think I fancy spending a few hundred £'s on an iphone just to get into the Cardiff City Stadium.

Think can use Google pay app as well to do ticket with? It activates the bar code on your digital ticket to be used by a scanner..

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:05 pm

castleblue wrote:
davids wrote:
access.

What's NFC?

And does that mean that unless you have am iPhone you can't get a digital ticket?

They certainly don't make things easy for you do they?