Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Season Tickets “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:19 pm

davids wrote:
castleblue wrote:
davids wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Wherever possible tickets will be issued as digital mobile / NFC mobile tickets.
Supporters are encouraged to use this option via their mobile phone for stadium
access.

From the fan rules post... Does this mean a new App is coming?

I went to the rugby in the principality the other week. Ticket all via a new app. Worked well to be fair.

That's fine for you young pups but what about old farts like me (and there are plenty like me) who have no idea WTF a "digital mobile/NFC mobile ticket" even is?

I can safely say that I have no clue what they are or how to get the "App" on my phone.

Another hurdle for the technologically illiterate like me :old:

Well I'm deffo a fully paid up member of the old farts club and had to use the digital ticket off a mobile phone this evening. Thankfully the club have a video on you tube showing you what to do and in fairness it worked a treat, but as my phone doesn't have the NFC facility had to download the tickets on my grandsons iPhone which has NFC built in..

My smartphone isn't that old but without NFC it's useless and I don't think I fancy spending a few hundred £'s on an iphone just to get into the Cardiff City Stadium.

All this technology stuff is really making me feel old. :old: :old: :old:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

What's NFC?

And does that mean that unless you have am iPhone you can't get a digital ticket?

They certainly don't make things easy for you do they?

Nfc is on all newer android fones it's the payment system you see when people put fone next to shop scanner to pay..... basically you turn it on you enter a card details you use to pay for goods and you scan ..... money comes out of cards account....in case of st because you've already paid it simply just scans ticket bar code and allows you through turnstile.. look in settings on fone it's in connection section

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:
castleblue wrote:
davids wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Wherever possible tickets will be issued as digital mobile / NFC mobile tickets.
access.

I went to the rugby in the principality the other week. Ticket all via a new app. Worked well to be fair.

That's fine for you young pups but what about old farts like me (and there are plenty like me) who have no idea WTF a "digital mobile/NFC mobile ticket" even is?

I can safely say that I have no clue what they are or how to get the "App" on my phone.

Well I'm deffo a fully paid up member of the old farts club and had to use the digital ticket off a mobile phone this evening. Thankfully the club have a video on you tube showing you what to do and in fairness it worked a treat, but as my phone doesn't have the NFC facility had to download the tickets on my grandsons iPhone which has NFC built in..

My smartphone isn't that old but without NFC it's useless and I don't think I fancy spending a few hundred £'s on an iphone just to get into the Cardiff City Stadium.

What's NFC?

And does that mean that unless you have am iPhone you can't get a digital ticket?

Nfc is on all newer android fones it's the payment system you see when people put fone next to shop scanner to pay..... basically you turn it on you enter a card details you use to pay for goods and you scan ..... money comes out of cards account....in case of st because you've already paid it simply just scans ticket bar code and allows you through turnstile.. look in settings on fone it's in connection section

I’ve not got it in my iPhone so I just downloaded ‘NFC reader’ off App Store. That’s the one yeh?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:38 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:
castleblue wrote:
davids wrote:
access.

What's NFC?

I’ve not got it in my iPhone so I just downloaded ‘NFC reader’ off App Store. That’s the one yeh?

Tbh no idea on ifone as cannot get on with apple products... but yes probably needed to download the app as well as not all features pre installed like NFC have everything required for it to be used fully... I have NFC on my android but had to instal Google pay to be able to use the bar code on my ticket at city .

Re: “ Latest on Season Tickets “

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:50 pm

So the conclusion to all this is that the OP's statement sums it all up nicely and much of what came after was supposition?

Looks to me as though a final decision has yet to be made but options are in place to deal with whatever outcome WAG decide on early next week

Of course, they (WAG) may have already intimated to the club (and others in Wales) what they intend to do?

We'll find out in due course... :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:47 am

Does NFC mean No F***ing Chance

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:04 am

The club must know how many season tickets they have sold to so why won't they tell us.
Can someone with influence ask them.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:59 am

NFC is the more secure method. It's like the tapping of your bank card. Yes only newer high end phones will have that. It's useful and definitely the future as we move towards cashless societies.

However, as said we probably only need a barcode to scan. That's an easy one as long as you have a semi decent phone and I'm guessing 99% of us here do. I'm sure paper tickets or the cards can be issued otherwise.

The Millennium stadium app showed the QR code to scan but the QR code 'dances' (it's constantly flipping) I'm guessing that's to stop screenshotting it to pass on to others.

My opinion as a 'youngster' it's all good. Definitely moving with the times. And will be the norm soon anyway. As a club we have to move with the times. Plus I forget my card at least once a season, I always have my phone!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 am

Sven wrote:So the conclusion to all this is that the OP's statement sums it all up nicely and much of what came after was supposition?

Looks to me as though a final decision has yet to be made but options are in place to deal with whatever outcome WAG decide on early next week

Of course, they (WAG) may have already intimated to the club (and others in Wales) what they intend to do?

We'll find out in due course... :ayatollah:

Chris not to sure WG as made its mind up as what I said regarding using whole ground and will have enough capacity for st holders came from a staff member ..... only got 10days before game if club know what's happening they surely be putting out the info so fans are clear what the procedure is regarding paper tickets or ballot?

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:34 am

The timing of Welsh government announcement could not have been worst for both the club and us fans. The WG will announce the confirmation of the relaxation of restrictions on 4th with an implementation date of 7th. City are unlikely to get a decision before those dates, however the WG have always stated that the confirmation would be dependent on on the data at this time, and the data now shows a really positive picture so it would be political suicide by Drakeford if he rowed back on the commitments. My glass is half-full for full attendance on the 7th, maybe we should cut the club some slack and hope we can have it all sorted :old: :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:54 pm

Whistler wrote:The timing of Welsh government announcement could not have been worst for both the club and us fans. The WG will announce the confirmation of the relaxation of restrictions on 4th with an implementation date of 7th. City are unlikely to get a decision before those dates, however the WG have always stated that the confirmation would be dependent on on the data at this time, and the data now shows a really positive picture so it would be political suicide by Drakeford if he rowed back on the commitments. My glass is half-full for full attendance on the 7th, maybe we should cut the club some slack and hope we can have it all sorted :old: :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

How can you have full attendance with 3 days notice? Barnsley is paper ticket so how do club distribute 10k in 2 days unless got arrangement with post office? Its possible but it's not just tickets its catering its stewards ect ect ...like say clubs in difficulty position as for drakeford he doesn give a toss and will do what he wants regardless...