Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City v Southampton

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:23 pm

Any threads on what’s happening?

Re: City v Southampton

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:25 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Any threads on what’s happening?

2-0 Southampton 70mins

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:25 pm

Losing 2-0

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

2-0 Southampton 70mins

Any stand out performers?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:30 pm

Escott1927 wrote:

Losing 2-0

3-0

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

2-0 Southampton 70mins

Any stand out performers?

Not really but did ok until they brought on big guns upfront near end game... but what was worrying is MM philosophy of stop go sideways and then backwards when going forward .....as commentator said thats difference between sides they pushed forward we looked to go sideways? Hopefully with a ful strength side we will push forward and not think about where opposition is behind us.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:14 pm

There were no stand out performers but equally I am not sure what we can draw out of that game other than credit lots of youngsters for playing well against quality opposition. Ng and Nelson look very rusty. Ng's mistake for the first goal was awful. Without Morrison and Flint the back four look considerably weaker. Without Moore or Colwill the front three lacked cutting edge. I really hope we see something like a starting 11 for the Newport game. Giles looks very promising and a front three of Moore, Colwill and Giles would be interesting to see. Pre-season results mean nothing as it is largely about fitness but I worry about the cohesion in the team if we haven't yet started with something that resembles a first 11.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:34 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:There were no stand out performers but equally I am not sure what we can draw out of that game other than credit lots of youngsters for playing well against quality opposition. Ng and Nelson look very rusty. Ng's mistake for the first goal was awful. Without Morrison and Flint the back four look considerably weaker. Without Moore or Colwill the front three lacked cutting edge. I really hope we see something like a starting 11 for the Newport game. Giles looks very promising and a front three of Moore, Colwill and Giles would be interesting to see. Pre-season results mean nothing as it is largely about fitness but I worry about the cohesion in the team if we haven't yet started with something that resembles a first 11.

How was Tomlin?

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:51 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:There were no stand out performers but equally I am not sure what we can draw out of that game other than credit lots of youngsters for playing well against quality opposition. Ng and Nelson look very rusty. Ng's mistake for the first goal was awful. Without Morrison and Flint the back four look considerably weaker. Without Moore or Colwill the front three lacked cutting edge. I really hope we see something like a starting 11 for the Newport game. Giles looks very promising and a front three of Moore, Colwill and Giles would be interesting to see. Pre-season results mean nothing as it is largely about fitness but I worry about the cohesion in the team if we haven't yet started with something that resembles a first 11.

How was Tomlin?

Came on late in game to late to influence anything same with other subs

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

How was Tomlin?

Came on late in game to late to influence anything same with other subs

Ok cheers. I’d expect him to start v Cewnty then. :thumbup: