Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Barnsley request 1,523 tickets ‘

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 am

We have requested an allocation of 1,513 tickets for our first away fixture of the 21/22 season at the Cardiff City Stadium, on Saturday 7 August 2021, kick-off 3pm.

This request has not been fulfilled yet as Cardiff are awaiting SAG approval.

Predicted Prices
Adult: £19
Senior Over 60: £16
Young Adult (16-21 years): £10
Juvenile Under 16: £8

As soon as we have confirmation of the request, we will update the website and put the tickets on category sale.

We would advise any supporter booking any travel or accommodation to do so on a free cancellation option.

Re: Barnsley request 1523 tickets

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:57 am

stickywicket wrote:https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/cardiff-away-tickets/

Tell them to post the request to Mr Drakeford.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:11 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/cardiff-away-tickets/

And he'll reply let you know on the 10th August! :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:32 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

And he'll reply let you know on the 10th August! :laughing6: :laughing6:

Drakehead obviously isn’t a football fan. It’s scandalous that he has the ability to decide when football matches aren’t restricted - whereas in England common sense prevails. Drakehead is a total embarrassment and makes our country a laughing stock

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Danny Says wrote:Drakeford is a total embarrassment and makes our country a laughing stock

Let's not be too blinkered here. His handling of the pandemic has been praised by many English media outlets and members of the public.

It was also backed up by his return to power when many thought he'd be out on his arse.

He may not be helping us football fans though, I agree but let's not believe ourselves to be the centre of the universe.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Drakeford is a total embarrassment and makes our country a laughing stock

Let's not be too blinkered here. His handling of the pandemic has been praised by many English media outlets and members of the public.

It was also backed up by his return to power when many thought he'd be out on his arse.

He may not be helping us football fans though, I agree but let's not believe ourselves to be the centre of the universe.

It's not just football that as suffered from his delaying tactics? He only got praise because he ridnt want to be seen to make any mistakes instead let boris and others try out things and if successful he followed weeks behind..... if it failed he says we were right to wait win win for him....winning election only reinforced his lets wait and see attitude meanwhile let businesses go to wall...

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:04 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Bit naive this. He’s followed on the coat tails of England and not taken any initiative.
The problem all stems from the votes of a few hundred down west electing in a welsh government when one was not needed back then and still is not needed.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:12 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Bit naive this. He’s followed on the coat tails of England and not taken any initiative.
The problem all stems from the votes of a few hundred down west electing in a welsh government when one was not needed back then and still is not needed.

Totally agree

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:21 pm

Wayne S wrote:

He was only able to play it cautiously because central government were picking up the bulk of the tab for the grants such as furlough and self employed grants. Boris on the other hand had to get the economy open because he was aware that the Treasury could no longer fund them.

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:49 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

He was only able to play it cautiously because central government were picking up the bulk of the tab for the grants such as furlough and self employed grants. Boris on the other hand had to get the economy open because he was aware that the Treasury could no longer fund them.

I have criticised Drakeford on plenty of occasions but the fact is the results demonstrate that whilst he was very cautious he got most things right.

It's disingenuous to say it was easy compared to Boris. If that was the case why did Scotland and Northern Ireland get things so wrong ? They imposed far more restrictions for much longer and they still have higher rates of deaths, hospital admissions and infections than Wales, yet also have a much lower % of vaccinations.

Drakeford winds me up but his performance throughout seems to prove that overall he's out performed the other leaders, whether we like it or not !!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:29 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I have criticised Drakeford on plenty of occasions but the fact is the results demonstrate that whilst he was very cautious he got most things right.

It's disingenuous to say it was easy compared to Boris. If that was the case why did Scotland and Northern Ireland get things so wrong ? They imposed far more restrictions for much longer and they still have higher rates of deaths, hospital admissions and infections than Wales, yet also have a much lower % of vaccinations.

Drakeford winds me up but his performance throughout seems to prove that overall he's out performed the other leaders, whether we like it or not !!

you mean out performed other UK leaders ? because the big picture is our figures are still really poor when compared to the majority of the world... not that its important as it was all about being lower than England...

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:35 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

not quite sure where i am being disingenuous or where i said it was easy. What i said was that he could act more cautiously because he didn't have to worry about the financial implications of his decisions so much as the UK govt because the Welsh Assembly weren't footing the bill.

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:02 pm

skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

you mean out performed other UK leaders ? because the big picture is our figures are still really poor when compared to the majority of the world... not that its important as it was all about being lower than England...

Compared to the rest of the world, Wales are ranked 47th for cases per million and 25th for deaths per million.
Although the data gets skewed in a worse light for more developed countries as there's a much greater capacity for testing in EU nations and places like Japan, the USA, Canada, etc. Lots of African, Asian and Middle Eastern nations will have cases and deaths that simply aren't counted. If you compare the UK to similarly sized, less developed nations it shows how poor they're detection actually is for Covid.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/full ... MR~KEN~GBR

We're currently doing about 1 million tests a day. DR Congo is about 15k a day, Myanmar is 20k a day, Uganda is less than 10k a day and the Philippines are only doing about 50k tests a day despite being nearly double our population. For all these countries, even if every single test came back positive they would still have lower numbers than us.

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:36 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Compared to the rest of the world, Wales are ranked 47th for cases per million and 25th for deaths per million.
Although the data gets skewed in a worse light for more developed countries as there's a much greater capacity for testing in EU nations and places like Japan, the USA, Canada, etc. Lots of African, Asian and Middle Eastern nations will have cases and deaths that simply aren't counted. If you compare the UK to similarly sized, less developed nations it shows how poor they're detection actually is for Covid.

We're currently doing about 1 million tests a day. DR Congo is about 15k a day, Myanmar is 20k a day, Uganda is less than 10k a day and the Philippines are only doing about 50k tests a day despite being nearly double our population. For all these countries, even if every single test came back positive they would still have lower numbers than us.

CORRECT.... we have done far worse than the majority of the world. 25th highest deaths { which im afraid is the real yardstick and not how many non ill people have had a test that may or may not be accurate } out of how many countries...... ?
lets not try to make out Wales have performed wonders as its just not true....better than the more densely populated parts of England.... not so in the lesser dense areas.... but if beating Boris rocks your boat bleat away....
hard to believe that anyone would think our figures are anything but crap...

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:11 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

CORRECT.... we have done far worse than the majority of the world. 25th highest deaths { which im afraid is the real yardstick and not how many non ill people have had a test that may or may not be accurate } out of how many countries...... ?
lets not try to make out Wales have performed wonders as its just not true....better than the more densely populated parts of England.... not so in the lesser dense areas.... but if beating Boris rocks your boat bleat away....

Did you actually read what I said? Numbers are skewed for more developed countries which make case numbers and death numbers inflated compared to lesser developed nations. It's those numbers that put us 47th and 25th. Despite what you probably think, Wales under Drakeford is not some 3rd world country.

It's very possible in some parts of the world to be born, grow up and die without your name appearing on a government database. There will also be many places where someone has died and that's all that will be noted. No cause of death, no looking for ailments, no check for injuries, no testing for Covid, etc.

The likes of the UK, certain EU nations, USA, Japan, etc will have pretty accurate numbers for cases and deaths. Whereas somewhere like India, that is predicted to have 10x higher deaths than official numbers state, won't be as accurate simply because they don't have the means or capacity to find out which deaths are Covid. Likewise, the Philippines with 110million people won't have accurate numbers because they're only doing ~50k tests a day compared to our 1million+ tests a day.

You don't think Wales has done wonders, do you think anywhere has done wonders? Which approach would you have taken for us to achieve "wonderful" results?

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:02 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Did you actually read what I said? Numbers are skewed for more developed countries which make case numbers and death numbers inflated compared to lesser developed nations. It's those numbers that put us 47th and 25th. Despite what you probably think, Wales under Drakeford is not some 3rd world country.

It's very possible in some parts of the world to be born, grow up and die without your name appearing on a government database. There will also be many places where someone has died and that's all that will be noted. No cause of death, no looking for ailments, no check for injuries, no testing for Covid, etc.

The likes of the UK, certain EU nations, USA, Japan, etc will have pretty accurate numbers for cases and deaths. Whereas somewhere like India, that is predicted to have 10x higher deaths than official numbers state, won't be as accurate simply because they don't have the means or capacity to find out which deaths are Covid. Likewise, the Philippines with 110million people won't have accurate numbers because they're only doing ~50k tests a day compared to our 1million+ tests a day.

You don't think Wales has done wonders, do you think anywhere has done wonders? Which approach would you have taken for us to achieve "wonderful" results?

stop being silly eh... no Wales have not done wonders and all this better than /points scoring over other UK leaders is ridiculous when reality is all the figures are poor...

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:10 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Not matter how many times I see DR Congo...I still say/read Doctor Congo.

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:01 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

stop being silly eh... no Wales have not done wonders and all this better than /points scoring over other UK leaders is ridiculous when reality is all the figures are poor...

Where am I being silly? You're arguing that Wales has done badly globally, I'm pointing out how the global figures will be skewed to push more developed nations higher up the list. Comparing ourselves to similarly developed countries: England, France, Germany, USA, etc is a more sensible way of measuring how we've done than comparing us to Ethiopia, Swaziland, Tajikistan and Sudan.

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:40 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Where am I being silly? You're arguing that Wales has done badly globally, I'm pointing out how the global figures will be skewed to push more developed nations higher up the list. Comparing ourselves to similarly developed countries: England, France, Germany, USA, etc is a more sensible way of measuring how we've done than comparing us to Ethiopia, Swaziland, Tajikistan and Sudan.

im not arguing .. going on official figures what ive said is accurate..
you jumped in to argue a bunch of assumptions and guesses { as you do } that figures elsewhere are inaccurate compared to ours which of course are spot on.{ source...you } .... to try and make your hero some sort of covid guru...he isnt...
as a side are our figures really better than Germany ? :shock:

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:22 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

not quite sure where i am being disingenuous or where i said it was easy. What i said was that he could act more cautiously because he didn't have to worry about the financial implications of his decisions so much as the UK govt because the Welsh Assembly weren't footing the bill.

Well that surely doesn’t help your argument!!??

The fact is that because of the way the devolved governments are allocated monies they have to react to how Boris and his cronies carve up the money. Because we then get a pro-rata award.

So the Drakeford can only decide on how to allocate his slice of the cake not on how big that slice is !! Basically managing with one hand tied behind his back.

So the only real comparison we can make is with the other UK countries and, based on that, he’s pretty much nailed it !! Although I would agree that’s not a high level of competition!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:57 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

The fact is that because of the way the devolved governments are allocated monies they have to react to how Boris and his cronies carve up the money. Because we then get a pro-rata award.

So the Drakeford can only decide on how to allocate his slice of the cake not on how big that slice is !! Basically managing with one hand tied behind his back.

So the only real comparison we can make is with the other UK countries and, based on that, he’s pretty much nailed it !! Although I would agree that’s not a high level of competition!!

Quite simply reason Wales done better than rest UK is because drakeford as sat on his hands and waited for others to make the difficult decisions before implementing if safe or saying we were right to be cautious.. if drakeford had his way we'll be in lockdown until virus is gone? hes done things like lift travel restrictions under duress because of open border as ges admitted today..... he as done nothing to lift restrictions in Wales under his own volition always playing follow the leader to make himself look a strong leader when in fact he's weak and not able to make decisions before anyone else? Boris as got lots wrong but at least he made the decisions and took the flak for it

Re: ‘ Barnsley request 1,523 tickets ‘

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:09 pm

Meanwhile back at the ranch. Barnsley have asked for
1523 tickets. :bluescarf:

Re: ‘ Barnsley request 1,523 tickets ‘

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:16 pm

stickywicket wrote:Meanwhile back at the ranch. Barnsley have asked for
1523 tickets. :bluescarf:

Are they allowed to have tickets?

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:41 am

piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Most of the grant money was via the furlough and self employed grant which was not a pro rate grant given to the Assembly but paid out by the central government. If you cant understand the simple concept that Drakeford didnt have to consider how the country could afford this where as Boris did its pointless trying to argue it.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:41 am

JJ1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Most of the grant money was via the furlough and self employed grant which was not a pro rate grant given to the Assembly but paid out by the central government. If you cant understand the simple concept that Drakeford didnt have to consider how the country could afford this where as Boris did its pointless trying to argue it.

Don’t get sarcastic just because we differ in our opinion.

I understand perfectly well that Drakeford didn’t have the power to dictate the economic direction.

I repeat the question, if Drakeford did so badly how come we’re in a better situation than Scotland and Northern Ireland both infection and vaccination wise despite them imposing deeper and longer sanctions?

They didn’t have to consider economic options either, or was that just luck because it doesn’t suite you argument !!??