Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Predictions for the season?

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:18 pm

If MM is correct what he's saying that we wont be signing any more players how do you think we will do?

I can't see us anywhere near the top with this squad, we are lacking so much creativity.

we hardly have any flare players and too many slow midfielders imo.

I think between 9-12th unless some players are brought in.

This would of been the season to go for it if we had a bit of money looking at the league it doesn't look the toughest championship I have seen.

Re: Predictions for the season?

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:33 pm

Top 12 definitely, I don’t understand all the doom and gloom of a relegation battle. Just can’t see it myself.

Potentially sneak into the play offs if luck goes our way and we avoid any major injuries, or MM manages to get the team firing at 110% like he did when he first arrived. I also think if we’re selling Brown and Whyte goes on loan there’s a chance we bring in 1 or 2 more loans or freebies. Depending on if that happens, then I could see us finishing close to the play offs. Something like ~8th.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:43 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Top 12 definitely, I don’t understand all the doom and gloom of a relegation battle. Just can’t see it myself.

Potentially sneak into the play offs if luck goes our way and we avoid any major injuries, or MM manages to get the team firing at 110% like he did when he first arrived. I also think if we’re selling Brown and Whyte goes on loan there’s a chance we bring in 1 or 2 more loans or freebies. Depending on if that happens, then I could see us finishing close to the play offs. Something like ~8th.

What is going to make things hard for any team in championship is the relegated teams have not weakened their teams so that will be 3 places out of 6 taken .... depend if we can bring in couple players by end of window? Top 10 st least

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:52 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Top 12 definitely, I don’t understand all the doom and gloom of a relegation battle. Just can’t see it myself.

Yes i think top 12 but can't see top 6 especially just relying on tomlin (fitness) and colwill (unproven) would love to bring in an attacking cm but can't see it.

we have too many similar players vaulks, ralls, bacuna wintle seems to be a player like these lot reading on him.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:58 pm

With the current squad, midtable playing drab football. Worried we might do an Ipswich in the next few seasons.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:22 pm

Top 10 hopefully and pushing for the playoffs

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:29 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Yes i think top 12 but can't see top 6 especially just relying on tomlin (fitness) and colwill (unproven) would love to bring in an attacking cm but can't see it.

we have too many similar players vaulks, ralls, bacuna wintle seems to be a player like these lot reading on him.

Top 6 is definitely unlikely but there always seems to be one surprise team that sneaks into 6th after a good/lucky run of games. I'm just hoping this year it will be us :lol:

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:33 pm

After last night I think we’ll struggle. Southampton were poor and wouldn’t have scored any of those goals against a decent side

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:38 pm

For me it dpends a lot on injuries to key players. If everyone can stay fit for most of the season then top 10 but lower half if we lose the likes of Kieffer, Morrison, Tomlin for any length of time as the depth in the squad just isn't there.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:46 pm

12th or 13th

Football will be crap again. Low possession, low pass rate, struggling in open play going forward

We will only score through pressing, set pieces or if Giles crosses to Moore/Collins

On a positive note..
I expect one or two youngsters to come through and do well

We are unlikely to go down

Wage bill hugely reduced.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:48 pm

Think the signings we have made have been low key but good. But the pre season fixtures have shown our limitations. Annoyingly Tomlin still can't seem to be arsed to get fit and we have seen nothing of Murphy. On the plus side there should be goals from both Moore and Collins. Think we will be held back by our lack of pace and guile in midfield.

Overall I don't see us being in any relegation trouble but expect a rather dull season with lots of draws and a finish of about tenth.

If any bookie was offering halfway decent odds on which team in the championship will draw most games I would bet on us.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:51 pm

difficult one to predict as there has been hardly any movement inwards and plenty going our at most clubs.... think this will change over the next month as there are lots of decent championship players out of contract who will probably find clubs...

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:52 pm

skidemin wrote:difficult one to predict as there has been hardly any movement inwards and plenty going our at most clubs.... think this will change over the next month as there are lots of decent championship players out of contract who will probably find clubs...

Going to be a lot of good deals to be had in the loan market too , the premiership clubs will want to off load some of there bloated squads

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:59 pm

I predicted 5th place finish.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:00 pm

13th - mid table - the club has no ambition

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:30 pm

I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see anything other than a struggle this season, and I think that the higher echelons at our club will be quite happy if we manage to keep above the bottom three. There’s no enthusiasm whatever coming from the CCS, so fair enough, it’s all about survival. There’s been a lot of talk about a reset, or a reboot this season,,, but didn’t we have one of those this time last season?

When you stop getting better, you start getting worse, such was the case last season, and I haven’t seen any evidence of improvements being made to better last season’s challenges. Like I said earlier, I hope I’m wrong, but like many older posters on this forum, I can see see and hear echoes of the past being repeated this season, which doesn’t bode all that well in my opinion.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:32 pm

14th-20th
Prediction is based on tomlin being injured for a lot of games and we have no one else who can create anything

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:34 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:If MM is correct what he's saying that we wont be signing any more players how do you think we will do?

I can't see us anywhere near the top with this squad, we are lacking so much creativity.

we hardly have any flare players and too many slow midfielders imo.

I think between 9-12th unless some players are brought in.

This would of been the season to go for it if we had a bit of money looking at the league it doesn't look the toughest championship I have seen.

I would agree top half, but not setting the World alight!

But you never know and it's the hope that kills you!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:57 pm

I would think mid table is a decent shout to where we will finish.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:57 pm

8th-12th if we can have relatively free injuries .
Not confident we will create enough in midfield to threaten top 6

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:03 pm

If there are no further additions 14to 16th

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:04 pm

14th

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:11 pm

fred keenor wrote:If there are no further additions 14to 16th

Don’t get your hopes up of any decent acquisitions :?
Marly Watkins :roll:

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Looking through the teams in this division, I'm struggling to see anyone beating us.

Therefore, I predict us going up as runaway champions.

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :D

Onwards and upwards C'mon City

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:23 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see anything other than a struggle this season, and I think that the higher echelons at our club will be quite happy if we manage to keep above the bottom three. There’s no enthusiasm whatever coming from the CCS, so fair enough, it’s all about survival. There’s been a lot of talk about a reset, or a reboot this season,,, but didn’t we have one of those this time last season?

When you stop getting better, you start getting worse, such was the case last season, and I haven’t seen any evidence of improvements being made to better last season’s challenges. Like I said earlier, I hope I’m wrong, but like many older posters on this forum, I can see see and hear echoes of the past being repeated this season, which doesn’t bode all that well in my opinion.

So it's a struggle to stay above bottom 3 if hyarchy is happy with that we've nowhere else to go following season but relegation? As same thing next season regarding getting players in.... going to be a lot of teams struggling to stay above bottom 3 though this season as all in same boat or worse!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see anything other than a struggle this season, and I think that the higher echelons at our club will be quite happy if we manage to keep above the bottom three. There’s no enthusiasm whatever coming from the CCS, so fair enough, it’s all about survival. There’s been a lot of talk about a reset, or a reboot this season,,, but didn’t we have one of those this time last season?

So it's a struggle to stay above bottom 3 if hyarchy is happy with that we've nowhere else to go following season but relegation? As same thing next season regarding getting players in.... going to be a lot of teams struggling to stay above bottom 3 though this season as all in same boat or worse!

This is my prediction for next season, as the title of the thread asks. This is my opinion, so like it or not, there we are!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:34 pm

Mid table safety.

Come Christmas we will be confident of avoiding relegation but a play off place will feel a Bridge Too Far.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:37 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Looking through the teams in this division, I'm struggling to see anyone beating us.

Therefore, I predict us going up as runaway champions.

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :D

Onwards and upwards C'mon City

Are you Mehmet Dalman or Ken Choo :-)

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:37 pm

There will be a few more players coming in, leave all the negativity until after 31st. August, 4 weeks till the window closes. After that people can moan if they need to, if they don't like the squad that we have for the season :thumbup:

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:45 pm

Igovernor wrote:There will be a few more players coming in, leave all the negativity until after 31st. August, 4 weeks till the window closes. After that people can moan if they need to, if they don't like the squad that we have for the season :thumbup:

We need more quality definitely my worry is a poor start will escalate the negativity around at the moment.
Still not convinced we will keep KM