' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Crayfish » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:I have a feeling that the winger is Robbie Brady. As for the centre half situation, it will most definitely be someone that MM knows well (Like the Bamba and Warnock link).

The striker will end up being David McGoldrick :banghead: :lol: :shock:

I like the young lad Bagan, but I still don't think he's the answer to our left back situation. Hopefully we can get someone in with a bit of quality and experience and keep the lad Giles playing further up the pitch.


If we are or have signed Robbie Brady they are entirely unaware of it on Burnley fan forums.
Crayfish
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Sam ReaN » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Saw that we are going for Hal Robson Kanu. I mean its not the worst signing ever. If true and if it goes through.
Wish we keep both Brown and Mark Harris as there development is going to be crucial for the whole 1st team and they are the future of the team so it would make alot of sense to keep both of them. As for Bennett I mean he is training with the 1st team as we speak so I would take the bullet and give Bennett a contract with us for a few more years.
Check Out:
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel
The ReaN Show Series 1-5
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action 21/22
CardiffFanTV
User avatar
Sam ReaN
 
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Blue View » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:06 pm

I think we must have signed Marlay Watkins as he was named in yesterdays under 23 team.Otherwise he would have been named as one of the trialists.
Blue View
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: ' NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Rhyswilli3303 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:30 pm

Crayfish wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:I have a feeling that the winger is Robbie Brady. As for the centre half situation, it will most definitely be someone that MM knows well (Like the Bamba and Warnock link).

The striker will end up being David McGoldrick :banghead: :lol: :shock:

I like the young lad Bagan, but I still don't think he's the answer to our left back situation. Hopefully we can get someone in with a bit of quality and experience and keep the lad Giles playing further up the pitch.


If we are or have signed Robbie Brady they are entirely unaware of it on Burnley fan forums.



Because he is as released at the beginning of June and has been without a club since.
Rhyswilli3303
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:37 am
Location: South Cerney, Cirencester

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby mjw6150 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:06 am

I hope that the reason these signings have not been announced is NOT because they are contingent on selling Kieffer Moore
mjw6150
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Crayfish » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:10 am

Blue View wrote:I think we must have signed Marlay Watkins as he was named in yesterdays under 23 team.Otherwise he would have been named as one of the trialists.


It would make sense if it was Marley Watkins because the club would be a bit embarrassed to announce it. Let's face it a player who is knocking on a bit and was released from a Bristol City much worse than us and who's best years were quite a few years back is a bit underwhelming even for a cash strapped club. Maybe they are waiting to make the announcement when we sign someone else quite good so we won't notice so much.
Crayfish
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Danny Says » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:55 pm

The manager clarified present position on transfers on today’s news conference.
Not unexpected.
Danny Says
 
Posts: 2203
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:16 pm

It’s messi isn’t it?! Where would he fit in our system ? ;-)
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby skidemin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Danny Says wrote:The manager clarified present position on transfers on today’s news conference.
Not unexpected.



secret weapons mate we have got 2 new players to change their names by deed poll to the names of existing players .. so dont be shocked Saturday when Aden Flint turns out to be a 5ft 7 midfielder with dreadlocks ...or that Tomlin is now 6ft 4 very trim and can run the 100 under 10 seconds....
skidemin
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:55 pm

skidemin wrote:
Danny Says wrote:The manager clarified present position on transfers on today’s news conference.
Not unexpected.



secret weapons mate we have got 2 new players to change their names by deed poll to the names of existing players .. so dont be shocked Saturday when Aden Flint turns out to be a 5ft 7 midfielder with dreadlocks ...or that Tomlin is now 6ft 4 very trim and can run the 100 under 10 seconds....

:lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 15363
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:56 pm

welshrarebit wrote:It’s messi isn’t it?! Where would he fit in our system ? ;-)
Attachments
Screenshot_20210806-163817_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210806-163817_Facebook.jpg (336.63 KiB) Viewed 5285 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 15363
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Blueberry Jam » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:30 am

welshrarebit wrote:It’s messi isn’t it?! Where would he fit in our system ? ;-)

Another CB :lol:
Blueberry Jam
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:04 am

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:06 pm

Well this turned out well…
exiled12345
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:08 pm

exiled12345 wrote:Well this turned out well…


Has the transfer window closed? I must have missed that.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17439
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby skidemin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
exiled12345 wrote:Well this turned out well…


Has the transfer window closed? I must have missed that.



indeed we might sign players before the deadline.... oh and the number 9 shirt is vacant...
skidemin
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Igovernor » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
exiled12345 wrote:Well this turned out well…


Has the transfer window closed? I must have missed that.

Me too Ned :lol:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 6036
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Come back to me after a few more weeks of radio silence on the transfer front
exiled12345
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Igovernor » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:35 pm

[quote="exiled12345"]Come back to me after a few more weeks of radio silence on the transfer front[/quote
Welcome exiled the board could do with another stirrer :thumbup:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 6036
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:05 am

Igovernor wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
exiled12345 wrote:Well this turned out well…


Has the transfer window closed? I must have missed that.

Me too Ned :lol:


:lol: :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17439
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby skidemin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:18 am

Igovernor wrote:
exiled12345 wrote:Come back to me after a few more weeks of radio silence on the transfer front[/quote
Welcome exiled the board could do with another stirrer :thumbup:



im getting in early here..i predict we will / might / possibly sign someone before 2027....
skidemin
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby BLUEBIRD » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:04 pm

It must be Watkins because he’s playing tonight
BLUEBIRD
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:49 pm

BLUEBIRD wrote:It must be Watkins because he’s playing tonight


Are you educated? Didn’t you read he’s just signed a short term contract! It’s right when people say information is dangerous to some people.
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby maccydee » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:51 pm

Shit that Watkins
maccydee
 
Posts: 9018
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby exiled12345 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:29 pm

Mick confirming again tonight in the presser that we won’t be signing any more players.
exiled12345
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Igovernor » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:15 pm

exiled12345 wrote:Mick confirming again tonight in the presser that we won’t be signing any more players.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 6036
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby BLUEBIRD » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:16 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
BLUEBIRD wrote:It must be Watkins because he’s playing tonight


Are you educated? Didn’t you read he’s just signed a short term contract! It’s right when people say information is dangerous to some people.

Ain’t you f.in educated enough to see the times on the post . I quoted that before it was posted on the group about the short term contract
BLUEBIRD
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby nobby » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:15 am

Igovernor wrote:UPDATED: Monday 2nd August 2021


Just a little update as before no names been mentioned to me
The player we have signed is a Midfield/winger no reason why it has not been announced, but this is city!



The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks like he is going.
Players that MM has on his list are still available to sign, and although no names mentioned all are quality players,

We are still trying to get a left back in and it does not look as if it will be Bennett as he wants too much money.
City are expecting Boro to come back in with an improved offer, for Brown, as i said before if he does go we will be bringing in another CB, long season with just 4 Cb's

If Vassell has broken down again he will retire and we should be able to claim Insurance.

Expect a lot of movement going right down to the last few days of the window, and the club are expecting other clubs to come in to try and sign some of ours that part we all know :thumbup:










Hold on! :lol: nothing is assured until it is on the official site, but I believe we have signed a number nine but is not going to announced for a couple of weeks, no Idea why. Also I have no idea whether it is a permanent deal or a loan, and before you ask, No I do not know his name.



Again I believe we have signed another player which could be announced pretty soon, no idea of the position he plays and no name has been mentioned to me. If Brown does go then there will be a new CB brought in as MM will be wanting to be playing the 3 CB formation, with more cover.


And finally we are interested in a few more players to come in.

But it will mean one or two leaving and that does not include Whyte and Brown.
You can believe this or not and you are welcome to come back if any of it does not pan out and give me all the stick you like, as what I said at the begining of the post, nothing is assured until it's on the official site, but I am feeling very positive about the coming season :thumbup:


What happened to these signings then ???
nobby
 
Posts: 4273
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:54 pm

nobby wrote:
Igovernor wrote:UPDATED: Monday 2nd August 2021


Just a little update as before no names been mentioned to me
The player we have signed is a Midfield/winger no reason why it has not been announced, but this is city!



The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks like he is going.
Players that MM has on his list are still available to sign, and although no names mentioned all are quality players,

We are still trying to get a left back in and it does not look as if it will be Bennett as he wants too much money.
City are expecting Boro to come back in with an improved offer, for Brown, as i said before if he does go we will be bringing in another CB, long season with just 4 Cb's

If Vassell has broken down again he will retire and we should be able to claim Insurance.

Expect a lot of movement going right down to the last few days of the window, and the club are expecting other clubs to come in to try and sign some of ours that part we all know :thumbup:










Hold on! :lol: nothing is assured until it is on the official site, but I believe we have signed a number nine but is not going to announced for a couple of weeks, no Idea why. Also I have no idea whether it is a permanent deal or a loan, and before you ask, No I do not know his name.



Again I believe we have signed another player which could be announced pretty soon, no idea of the position he plays and no name has been mentioned to me. If Brown does go then there will be a new CB brought in as MM will be wanting to be playing the 3 CB formation, with more cover.


And finally we are interested in a few more players to come in.

But it will mean one or two leaving and that does not include Whyte and Brown.
You can believe this or not and you are welcome to come back if any of it does not pan out and give me all the stick you like, as what I said at the begining of the post, nothing is assured until it's on the official site, but I am feeling very positive about the coming season :thumbup:


What happened to these signings then ???



well he will say 1 was marley watkins and the other was only coming if moore went :happy1:
User avatar
paulh_85
 
Posts: 11884
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby stickywicket » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:01 pm

User avatar
stickywicket
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS ' UPDATED

Postby Igovernor » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:31 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
nobby wrote:
Igovernor wrote:UPDATED: Monday 2nd August 2021


Just a little update as before no names been mentioned to me
The player we have signed is a Midfield/winger no reason why it has not been announced, but this is city!



The striker that I mentioned coming in has all been agreed and will be in before the window closes. As you have seen posted it looked very much that Harris was going on loan, looks like he is going.
Players that MM has on his list are still available to sign, and although no names mentioned all are quality players,

We are still trying to get a left back in and it does not look as if it will be Bennett as he wants too much money.
City are expecting Boro to come back in with an improved offer, for Brown, as i said before if he does go we will be bringing in another CB, long season with just 4 Cb's

If Vassell has broken down again he will retire and we should be able to claim Insurance.

Expect a lot of movement going right down to the last few days of the window, and the club are expecting other clubs to come in to try and sign some of ours that part we all know :thumbup:










Hold on! :lol: nothing is assured until it is on the official site, but I believe we have signed a number nine but is not going to announced for a couple of weeks, no Idea why. Also I have no idea whether it is a permanent deal or a loan, and before you ask, No I do not know his name.



Again I believe we have signed another player which could be announced pretty soon, no idea of the position he plays and no name has been mentioned to me. If Brown does go then there will be a new CB brought in as MM will be wanting to be playing the 3 CB formation, with more cover.


And finally we are interested in a few more players to come in.

But it will mean one or two leaving and that does not include Whyte and Brown.
You can believe this or not and you are welcome to come back if any of it does not pan out and give me all the stick you like, as what I said at the begining of the post, nothing is assured until it's on the official site, but I am feeling very positive about the coming season :thumbup:


What happened to these signings then ???



well he will say 1 was marley watkins and the other was only coming if moore went :happy1:


Do you read all the posts it was not watkins and the striker was coming in not instead of anyone but if you read the post statement you see why players did not come in VT knocked the signings on the head. Try reading the posts :banghead:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 6036
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bluebirdoct1962, Google [Bot], maccydee, oakenagen53 and 329 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.