Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ATTACK ATTACK

Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:54 pm

I wish mick would change tactics and really go for it from the off and perhaps put the game to bed in the first half and give my heart a rest
We left it very late last night to really go for it
why oh why can we not do in the first 10 minutes what we did last night in the last 10 minutes.

Re: ATTACK ATTACK

Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:12 pm

Can't play like that away from home, you're just asking to be beaten.

A comeback like last night wouldn't happen if we attacked from the start. Mainly because most of our players would have used a lot of energy in attacking.

Would also mean our defenders and defensive midfielders would be under intense pressure on counter attacks. Stats wise, Peterborough were one of the best counter attacking teams in League One last season - but the point stands for all away games.

But I do hope we play more attacking football at home. A lot of teams will hope to get a draw at our stadium and we're asking for that result if we play like an away team when we're at home.

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:15 pm

WORCESTER

Sorry i was referring to this sat and more at home than away.

Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:03 pm

montyblue wrote:WORCESTER

Sorry i was referring to this sat and more at home than away.

Agree with you then :thumbright:

Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:20 pm

It would be nice to see with the home support us going for it and get the crowd behind the team right from the start and take advantage of the home support
because millwall will not be reserved

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 am

Let's hope we go for it today from the off.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:38 am

I am not sure 'attack attack' will always work but I agree that we seem to be playing with the breaks on too much.

I would love, especially at home, to see a more attacking line up to start and go at the opposition. Then of course tighten up if we get a few goals.

Not sure if Mick sees it like that and seems to set up to defend first and foremost. So negative.

But I do feel we have players who can hurt teams more than we do, if only they were released to do so!

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:50 am

AFRICAN BLUEBIRD

Would like to see murphy giles and moore on the same time we used to play wirh 2 wingers holliet and mendez lang in which we where on the front foot and successful.