Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Following the FA Cup

Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:18 am

For those of you interested - the FA Cup games have started already this season :bluescarf:

Along with Barclay1 - we are both trying to follow the Cup from the very first round up until the Final in May

We started in the Extra Preliminary Round 7th August watching Shepton Mallet v Andover New Street (forgetting about the replay which we attended 3 days later) and on Saturday we travel to Melksham for the next round. We'll be documenting the journey :ayatollah:

Games are;

Extra Preliminary Round - Shepton Mallet v Andover New Street
Preliminary Round - Melksham v Shepton Mallet
1st round qualifying - TBD
2 round qualifying - TBD
3rd round qualifying - TBD
4th round qualifying - TBD

Then it get to the 1st round proper etc

If our progress interests you then please give us a follow on Instagram @awaydaydiaries :ayatollah:

Re: Following the FA Cup

Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:25 pm

Enjoy :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:21 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:For those of you interested - the FA Cup games have started already this season :bluescarf:

Along with Barclay1 - we are both trying to follow the Cup from the very first round up until the Final in May

We started in the Extra Preliminary Round 7th August watching Shepton Mallet v Andover New Street (forgetting about the replay which we attended 3 days later) and on Saturday we travel to Melksham for the next round. We'll be documenting the journey :ayatollah:

Games are;

2 round qualifying - TBD

If our progress interests you then please give us a follow on Instagram @awaydaydiaries :ayatollah:

I watched Roman Glass St. George beat Holmer Green 2-1 in an Extra Preliminary Round tie on the 7th August. It cost £6 (plus a £1 for a programme eat your heart out Jacks!) and it is surprising how good the standard of football is.

Another plus I have ticked off Oaklands Park, Gloucester Road, Almondsbury Stadium on my ground hopping list :D

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:02 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:For those of you interested - the FA Cup games have started already this season :bluescarf:

Games are;

2 round qualifying - TBD

I watched Roman Glass St. George beat Holmer Green 2-1 in an Extra Preliminary Round tie on the 7th August. It cost £6 (plus a £1 for a programme eat your heart out Jacks!) and it is surprising how good the standard of football is.

Another plus I have ticked off Oaklands Park, Gloucester Road, Almondsbury Stadium on my ground hopping list :D

They are some great ticks to get :thumbup:

Following the cup is a great opportunity to cross grounds off the list.
Last season we got to Wells, Bideford & Tiverton and this year so far Shepton, Andover and now Melksham.

One day the list will be completed :lol:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:08 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Games are;

2 round qualifying - TBD

They are some great ticks to get :thumbup:

Following the cup is a great opportunity to cross grounds off the list.
Last season we got to Wells, Bideford & Tiverton and this year so far Shepton, Andover and now Melksham.

One day the list will be completed :lol:

Well done! It is great seeing how well these stadiums look.