Mick McCarthy: Reactions to taking the knee - Millwall booed

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:04 am

Reactions to taking the knee - Millwall booed

"I have an input on every decision I do. If I didn’t think it was worth respecting I wouldn;t do it. Quite clearly I do, and so do the players. I remember at Bournemouth and they didn't do it, so I checked with my team and they still wanted to do it, as long as they want to do it we’ll continue to do it."

Mick McCarthy
Attachments
1B4E5AAE-07EF-4B72-84B1-CB4481168A07.jpeg
1B4E5AAE-07EF-4B72-84B1-CB4481168A07.jpeg (45.49 KiB) Viewed 6834 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Mick McCarthy:Reactions to taking the knee - Millwall bo

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:07 am

More on Millwall

"It’s a great club. I still see Millwall fans and get on great with them. I wouldn't want it to change. Our club has a certain spirit and there’s too.

Fire and brimstone is every week in the Championship. It’s not just because Millwall are coming here. They’ll be coming here for a scrap. If you don’t want to scrap in the Championship, you’ve got to be prepared to win the fight."

Mick McCarthy
Attachments
0_JS227468983.jpg
0_JS227468983.jpg (23.48 KiB) Viewed 6791 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:07 am

We are all for diversity so lets not give credit to the Marxist BLM. We should not be taking the knee.
Bakedalasker

Postby LaBamba » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:We are all for diversity so lets not give credit to the Marxist BLM. We should not be taking the knee.

Players have distanced themselves from BLM. The symbol has much more history than BLM. Get over it.
LaBamba

Re: Mick McCarthy: Reactions to taking the knee - Millwall b

Postby philrogers » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:15 am

Taking the knee -

It was used in the NFL as an alternative to standing for the National Anthem - the idea being that why stand for the anthem of a racist society.

Are we really saying that the UK is as racist as the US? Are we really saying that players kneeling and giving the clenched fist black power salute is not political.

If one wants to look at history.....

Bending the knee is an act of subservience nothing more.
philrogers

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:28 am

LaBamba wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:We are all for diversity so lets not give credit to the Marxist BLM. We should not be taking the knee.

Players have distanced themselves from BLM. The symbol has much more history than BLM. Get over it.

The only way the players will distance themselves properly from BLM is to stop doing this divisive gesture. Why don't they get fully behind the 'kick it out' campaign which is a long established and successful organisation fighting against racism in football.

Get real :roll:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:51 am

LaBamba wrote:

the knee was started in support of BLM...they are still doing it..
skidemin

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:42 pm

It has turned into the most corporate act of virtue signalling, but so many get upset by it.

It lasts 2 seconds, i don't plan to boo or clap, the coin toss takes longer.
llan bluebird

Postby stickywicket » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:20 pm

Everybody got the right to speak their mind
So don't shoot me for saying mine
Everybody talking about racial equality
'Cause everybody's equal in the good Lord's eyes
But if I told you that God was black
What would you think of that?
I bet you wouldn't believe it
https://youtu.be/7Hf8Ifu7vpQ
stickywicket

Postby blue for you » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:37 pm

We should never have started taking the knee. It’s a gesture synonymous with BLM and should never be encouraged, I really wish it would stop.
Kneeling and black fist pump are not signs of equality.
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
blue for you

Postby LaBamba » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:51 pm

Real echo chamber of boring tired lines in here.

Especially the subservience one... Its a hat tip to Martin Luther King who knelt at Selma. Its not a competition as to who is more racist. We have a progressive country which still has room for improvement.

Get real? about what. If you choose to see an action as offensive that is very much up to you. The whole campaign has been divorced from BLM rightly or wrongly. Players have specifically said they have chosen to go with a gesture thats established rather than buckling to a load of people that disagree with it because the creators said they were Marxist, even though the organisation has no Marxist goals. Please do share which of their targets are Marxist. Additionally asking peoples protests to conform to your contorted ideology really does take the point away entirely haha. Especially when its as pathetic as saying that a fist in the area/ kneeling (two opposite ends of the spectrum) are both insulting to you. At some stage you just have to accept whatever they did you would moan about. Its 30 seconds at the beginning of a game... get a grip.
LaBamba

Postby skidemin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:29 pm

LaBamba wrote:Real echo chamber of boring tired lines in here.

Especially the subservience one... Its a hat tip to Martin Luther King who knelt at Selma. Its not a competition as to who is more racist. We have a progressive country which still has room for improvement.

Get real? about what. If you choose to see an action as offensive that is very much up to you. The whole campaign has been divorced from BLM rightly or wrongly. Players have specifically said they have chosen to go with a gesture thats established rather than buckling to a load of people that disagree with it because the creators said they were Marxist, even though the organisation has no Marxist goals. Please do share which of their targets are Marxist. Additionally asking peoples protests to conform to your contorted ideology really does take the point away entirely haha. Especially when its as pathetic as saying that a fist in the area/ kneeling (two opposite ends of the spectrum) are both insulting to you. At some stage you just have to accept whatever they did you would moan about. Its 30 seconds at the beginning of a game... get a grip.

the whole campaign has been divorced from BLM is not true....some has and some has not which begs the question as to why some have found a need to divorce themselves from the original support for BLM ?
its divisive and is wrongly judging and labelling people just as you have done..
skidemin

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:46 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
LaBamba wrote:

The only way the players will distance themselves properly from BLM is to stop doing this divisive gesture. Why don't they get fully behind the 'kick it out' campaign which is a long established and successful organisation fighting against racism in football.

Get real :roll:

Thank you Tony.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:49 pm

You are on your own here.

this taking the knee has caused more division than any other symbol. Then add the power fist from the Black footballers.
Bakedalasker

Postby skidemin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:52 pm

stickywicket wrote:Everybody got the right to speak their mind

youve met god ?
skidemin

Postby stickywicket » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:02 pm

skidemin wrote:

youve met god ?

I havn't Ray Davies of the kinks has.Must have been all those drugs in the 60s
stickywicket

Postby nubbsy » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:13 pm

LaBamba wrote:

Germans have also distanced themselves from the Nazi salute
nubbsy

Postby Bluesince72 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:39 pm

Marxist Racist Nazi, who cares I say keep politics out of football I have personally turned my back on our players taking the knee this season. I remember years ago our fans giving it to two men trying to sell Bulldog the National Front magazine at the Valley watching us away at Charlton and rightly so NO POLITICS IN FFOOTBALL Now you can say that taking the knee is a gesture that has moved away from BLM but it started as support for the organisation that wants to defund the police, release all prisoners convicted of drugs offences and have special laws for black communities. But I want to go to watch my team football like I always have done since 1972 have a beer shout at the ref give it to the away fans and go home. I’ll watch question time or the politics show if I want to see what’s going politically. So I ask our well paid players black,white,and Asian to get on with playing football and show your support for whatever political party you choose to support in our democratic society at the ballot box. Rant over let’s do Millwall tomorrow
Bluesince72

Postby blue for you » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:08 pm

Labamba I think you would not be able to hold a decent debate if you tried, your response came across as very blinkered. I completely agree with Bluesince72 and also remember when the national front tried to recruit Cardiff fans for their racist nonsense - I’m glad to say we sent them packing.
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
blue for you

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:10 pm

Cardiff take the knee, Millwall don't. There were quite a few boos from the visiting contingent...
Attachments
747787A7-0DC0-4C6B-AE3C-7F0336E715F0.jpeg
747787A7-0DC0-4C6B-AE3C-7F0336E715F0.jpeg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 4059 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:01 pm

No surprise Millwall booed.

Good for them I say. Shame on us.
Bakedalasker

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:30 pm

Completely agree…..well done Milwall and shame on us.

Get rid of the knee ASAP.
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:19 am

I agree shame on us

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:31 pm

skidemin wrote:

youve met god ?

:lol: This made me laugh.

I met Carl Dale once, which is pretty much the same thing.
103 Barmy Army

Postby Jock » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:02 am

BLM stated children should be raised by "the collective " not the parents, much of the Marxist shite was removed from their mission statement, to make them more palatable to the virtue signallers. You mention Dr King, a truly great man, who stated unequivocally that people should be judged on the content of their character, not the colour of their skin, yet you support BLM who view everything through a prism of race???
Jock

Return to General Chat