Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NO QUEUES / CCFC STAFF “

Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:34 am

My mate Rob, just went down the City, there was only 4 persons in front of him, got his tickets for Saturday No problem :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Bought Millwall and Brighton tickets :thumbright: :thumbright:

Absolutely easy and ticket staff were brilliant and a pleasure to go in there :thumbright:

And from day one everyone has been told you can pay on the day at the games :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Got My Brighton tickets for me as well :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Brighton tickets for Cup / Cheap :thumbright: :bluebird:

25,000 plus please v Millwall, NO Excuses :thumbright: :bluebird:

And you can buy them tomorrow as well :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ NO QUEUES / CCFC STAFF “

Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My mate Rob, just went down the City, there was only 4 persons in front of him, got his tickets for Saturday No problem :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Bought Millwall and Brighton tickets :thumbright: :thumbright:

Absolutely easy and ticket staff were brilliant and a pleasure to go in there :thumbright:

And from day one everyone has been told you can pay on the day at the games :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Got My Brighton tickets for me as well :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Brighton tickets for Cup / Cheap :thumbright: :bluebird:

25,000 plus please v Millwall, NO Excuses :thumbright: :bluebird:

And you can buy them tomorrow as well :bluebird: :bluebird:

Dont think we wilk hit 25k tbh Annis,more likely 18/20k imo,I'm taking my great niece to her 1st game, she just turned 7, and is really looking forward to it.
If we win, can see possibly 25k v Bristol city, some fans are still not confident enough to be in a large crowd, while some have found other things to do? ccfc.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:58 pm

Looking forward tomorrow.

Felt unwell for a couple of days after my second vaccine but much better today, so definitely going tomorrow :thumbright: :bluebird:

Will be able to afford Tuesday as well if my bet of Flint to score two or more tomorrow wins :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:19 pm

I’ve literally always found the ticket staff to do an excellent job and I’ve never had any problems since the stadium opened.

I know for a fact that due to covid they had been very understaffed in recent times.
The ST cards are carried out by a third party and I know again that there has been a few issues with them.

People generally need to get up to speed with the digital age although I appreciate the very old may struggle.

Annis, I think there will be little to no chance of a 25,000 crowd tomorrow but it would be nice to be proved wrong.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:53 pm

Im guessing max of 18k cant see why anymore would be there than first game. Apart from unbeaten we've not been attractive to watch. Not pulled in a big player signing or anything that would sell extra tickets. Think the fluctuations between 16 and 20k will be down to largely away fans etc. Bristol game could be hit or miss due to Bank Holiday and people away. Although ST numbers count so may keep numbers upper to 20k

Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:07 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:Im guessing max of 18k cant see why anymore would be there than first game. Apart from unbeaten we've not been attractive to watch. Not pulled in a big player signing or anything that would sell extra tickets. Think the fluctuations between 16 and 20k will be down to largely away fans etc. Bristol game could be hit or miss due to Bank Holiday and people away. Although ST numbers count so may keep numbers upper to 20k

I agree.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:12 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:Im guessing max of 18k cant see why anymore would be there than first game. Apart from unbeaten we've not been attractive to watch. Not pulled in a big player signing or anything that would sell extra tickets. Think the fluctuations between 16 and 20k will be down to largely away fans etc. Bristol game could be hit or miss due to Bank Holiday and people away. Although ST numbers count so may keep numbers upper to 20k

Same with most clubs.

But we are a lot cheaper and we’re not long ago getting 32,000 plus crowds.

3pm, not expensive, not on tv , a Saturday everyone begs for, weather not that bad , No Xmas shopping, it’s not after Xmas everyone skint , trains are running and buses , it’s not a night game , kids are off school etc etc those are some of the excuses in the past .

I look forward to them excuses in October/ Nov / Dec & Jan, but surely not already :lol:

We need to ask are we really as big as we all think??

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Same with most clubs.

3pm, not expensive, not on tv , a Saturday everyone begs for, weather not that bad , No Xmas shopping, it’s not after Xmas everyone skint , trains are running and buses , it’s not a night game , kids are off school etc etc those are some of the excuses in the past .

I look forward to them excuses in October/ Nov / Dec & Jan, but surely not already :lol:

It is what it is now Annis,those who are holding back(either for succesful run, or because of other reasons,such as covid) may return in time, especially if we are doing well, but for now, im not really thinking too much into it.

Lastly, the weather for tomorrow is f@cking awful from what the news is saying!! Thunderstorms and heavy rain!! We just have to make more noise, for those absentee fans.CCFC.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:10 pm

Looking forward to tomorrow, I think we will have around 19k mark.

I think we'll fluctuate between the 17-22,000 mark all season depending on the opposition.

I think everyone just needs to accept now that Cardiff just isn't a Football mad City.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:34 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Same with most clubs.

It is what it is now Annis,those who are holding back(either for succesful run, or because of other reasons,such as covid) may return in time, especially if we are doing well, but for now, im not really thinking too much into it.

Lastly, the weather for tomorrow is f@cking awful from what the news is saying!! Thunderstorms and heavy rain!! We just have to make more noise, for those absentee fans.CCFC.

Yeah weather pretty grim on news. So don't want 33k so I can move to drier spot :x :lol:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:12 am

18K MAX

Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:34 am

First game back for me - cant wait. Normal saturdays are back after nearly 18 months

Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:59 am

So the weather will hurt our attendance :lol: Yet thousands iupin thousands will still attend despite the weather.
These new fans would never have attended Ninian Park, they need hot water bottles, rain coats and thermals on and still they won’t come :lol:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:So the weather will hurt our attendance :lol: Yet thousands iupin thousands will still attend despite the weather.
These new fans would never have attended Ninian Park, they need hot water bottles, rain coats and thermals on and still they won’t come :lol:

Don’t forget the open air toilets Annis. :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:31 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:So the weather will hurt our attendance :lol: Yet thousands iupin thousands will still attend despite the weather.

Don’t forget the open air toilets Annis. :bluescarf:

:lol: :lol: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:40 am

Capital City.
'So called Football Nation'.
Huge catchment area.
Not been out of the top two divisions in nearly 20 years.
Unbeaten in 4.
Cheap tickets.
All been stuck in for over a year craving things to do.
1000+ away fans coming.
Saturday 3pm kick off.

Let's be honest, anything under 20,000 is poor and for me just proves that Cardiff is not an out and out Football loving city.

Whilst I think that's quite sad, it doesn't really bother me, I have kind of accepted it. I remember all the talk of us being a sleeping giant and always thought we would get massive crowds playing the likes of Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday in Division one at the time but it just hasn't happened to the extent many thought it would.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:46 am

RV Casual wrote:Capital City.
'So called Football Nation'.
Huge catchment area.
Not been out of the top two divisions in nearly 20 years.
Unbeaten in 4.
Cheap tickets.
All been stuck in for over a year craving things to do.
1000+ away fans coming.
Saturday 3pm kick off.

Let's be honest, anything under 20,000 is poor and for me just proves that Cardiff is not an out and out Football loving city.

Whilst I think that's quite sad, it doesn't really bother me, I have kind of accepted it. I remember all the talk of us being a sleeping giant and always thought we would get massive crowds playing the likes of Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday in Division one at the time but it just hasn't happened to the extent many thought it would.

Steve,

HONESTY & SADLY ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

But excuses are beyond with some of our so called fans.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:04 am

Doubt there’s 1000 away fans coming - they only sold 670

Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Doubt there’s 1000 away fans coming - they only sold 670

CITY ONLY GAVE THEM THE TICKETS ON THURSDAY

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:21 pm

I went today!! But was just alluding to the forecast, nothing more! I had ny umbrella at the ready, along with my niece.
But I cannot have a go ar those who didnt, especially if they are still wary of a crowd! That in my eyes is as unfair as insisting everyone gets jabbed before being allowed entry! People have genuine feelings of fearing being in a crowd, my nephew is one of them, undoubtedly his st was counted, but he didnt attend, I have tried to lessen his anxiety, ti no avail to date, in time he will attend again, but he not ready! But that makes him less of a fan in some peopkes opinion!! A tad unfair imho

Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:42 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

I went today!! But was just alluding to the forecast, nothing more! I had ny umbrella at the ready, along with my niece.
But I cannot have a go ar those who didnt, especially if they are still wary of a crowd! That in my eyes is as unfair as insisting everyone gets jabbed before being allowed entry! People have genuine feelings of fearing being in a crowd, my nephew is one of them, undoubtedly his st was counted, but he didnt attend, I have tried to lessen his anxiety, ti no avail to date, in time he will attend again, but he not ready! But that makes him less of a fan in some peopkes opinion!! A tad unfair imho

The club as made arrangements for those who want to keep social distance from others ..... the top level on ninian stand catered for the ground and middle tier for corporate level fans that's if people bothered to ask club..... as for ticketing had one guy on call rob saying he had friends who simply went to ground midweek to buy tickets only to find it closed he ranted on about it.... guess it didn't occur to them to look at website to see its only open on Saturday or need to fone for tickets... serves them right for being daft enough not to check the opening hours before going to club :roll:

Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:

That shouldn’t stop anyone from going.
Not like they were ever under any impression they wouldn’t get tickets.
It’s a poor show, although giving the way some of them behaved I’m glad there were a few of them.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:05 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It’s a poor show, although giving the way some of them behaved I’m glad there were a few of them.

I totally agree, but thats the excuse our fans would use :lol: :lol:

Millwall are a very small club compared to us.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Think it will be different on Saturday.
Bristol City bringing something like 2500, City with a chance to go top- even short term, should be a big crowd

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:41 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Bristol City bringing something like 2500, City with a chance to go top- even short term, should be a big crowd

Hopefully finally 25,000 after the good start we have had :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

The club as made arrangements for those who want to keep social distance from others ..... the top level on ninian stand catered for the ground and middle tier for corporate level fans that's if people bothered to ask club..... as for ticketing had one guy on call rob saying he had friends who simply went to ground midweek to buy tickets only to find it closed he ranted on about it.... guess it didn't occur to them to look at website to see its only open on Saturday or need to fone for tickets... serves them right for being daft enough not to check the opening hours before going to club :roll:

Allan, you seem to be missing the point, my nephew simply doesnt want to be mixing with strangers, in my etes a bit soft, but thats his choice surely if he doesnt yet feel the same as myself or others?? Some people are GENUINELY scared still,and fearful to boot,I cant have the vax, but still went, and thats the difference in peoples confidence around covid, but I dont think he deserves to get ridiculed for his decision, or called less of a supporter.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hopefully finally 25,000 after the good start we have had :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Can’t see the crowd going up by that much. Add an extra 2000 away fans to this week makes 20k then maybe 2-3000 extra home fans, so I’d expect 22-23k

25k would be a nice surprise

Walk ups for our club are small, the drop in season ticket sales is going to affect attendances all year unless we do really really well.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:16 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Allan, you seem to be missing the point, my nephew simply doesnt want to be mixing with strangers, in my etes a bit soft, but thats his choice surely if he doesnt yet feel the same as myself or others?? Some people are GENUINELY scared still,and fearful to boot,I cant have the vax, but still went, and thats the difference in peoples confidence around covid, but I dont think he deserves to get ridiculed for his decision, or called less of a supporter.

Think you misunderstood what I wrote I said people who are scared (like nephew) can still go and be social distanced from others by asking club to put them in designated place in ninian stand where there is masses amount of room to be far away as you want from people but still watch games? Certainly didn't ridicule these people...... as for last part my post that was directed obviously at people daft enough to go somewhere without finding out if its open.... hope this clarifies what I posted :thumbup:

Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Think you misunderstood what I wrote I said people who are scared (like nephew) can still go and be social distanced from others by asking club to put them in designated place in ninian stand where there is masses amount of room to be far away as you want from people but still watch games? Certainly didn't ridicule these people...... as for last part my post that was directed obviously at people daft enough to go somewhere without finding out if its open.... hope this clarifies what I posted :thumbup:

Allan, I have tried every which way to get him to see its safe, he just not ready! I have no doubt he will return,none.but it will be in his time I guess, not ours.
Another good friend hasnt renewed his st, but for another reason, I'm not bothered that much tbh,wll not as much as some.we all know if we are having a good season, the numbers will grow again! As one leaves, hopefully a new one will step in, such as my great niece. ccfc.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:30 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Allan, I have tried every which way to get him to see its safe, he just not ready! I have no doubt he will return,none.but it will be in his time I guess, not ours.
Another good friend hasnt renewed his st, but for another reason, I'm not bothered that much tbh,wll not as much as some.we all know if we are having a good season, the numbers will grow again! As one leaves, hopefully a new one will step in, such as my great niece. ccfc.

Yes as season progresses more will join bandwagon... as for nephew and being scared I take the most vulnerable people to hospital and you be surprised at what lengths go to avoid people some not been out of house in over a year so understand his reluctance... others not overly concerned they like yourself and myself take as much precautions as possible but get on with life... :thumbup: