Sadio Mane

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sadio Mane

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:14 pm

I've just read an interesting article where his President from his country Senegal wants him to become President when his time is up.

Mane has impressed most on and off the pitch. On the pitch with his football skills and off it with his generosity. What has been impressive overall is his mindset with regards to his wealth from playing football. He is a modest person who drives around in a mediocre car because he can't see the purpose of having a high profile car. That mindset is what attracts his President to him.

I've always felt these are the sort of people we need running our Democracy's and not the high graduate posh lot we have suffered with. Senegal is a country ready to be exploited by foreign investment. Will the like of a Sane mindset stop that? Will it natural resources help the needs of its fellow countryman therefore stopping them from seeking pastures further afield i.e immigation aka refugees?

Would it not be great that all the countries in the world were Democratically run for the benefit of their own people. Then perhaps we would not have these refugees risking their lives crossing Channels.
Bakedalasker

Sadio Mane

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sadio Mane

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:45 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I've just read an interesting article where his President from his country Senegal wants him to become President when his time is up.

Mane has impressed most on and off the pitch. On the pitch with his football skills and off it with his generosity. What has been impressive overall is his mindset with regards to his wealth from playing football. He is a modest person who drives around in a mediocre car because he can't see the purpose of having a high profile car. That mindset is what attracts his President to him.

I've always felt these are the sort of people we need running our Democracy's and not the high graduate posh lot we have suffered with. Senegal is a country ready to be exploited by foreign investment. Will the like of a Sane mindset stop that? Will it natural resources help the needs of its fellow countryman therefore stopping them from seeking pastures further afield i.e immigation aka refugees?

Would it not be great that all the countries in the world were Democratically run for the benefit of their own people. Then perhaps we would not have these refugees risking their lives crossing Channels.

If he brings this type of mindset to his country hopefully it will stop the crazy corruption that means people go hungry while leaders live lavish lifestyles and siphon millions to offshore accounts for when they get kicked out for being corrupt? Sala is similar
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:11 pm

He wouldn't be the first as I recall George Weah bevame President of Liberia after retiring from football :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:59 am

Sven wrote:He wouldn't be the first as I recall George Weah bevame President of Liberia after retiring from football :thumbright:

I became leader of my back garden when I retired! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat