Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Millwall Fans “

Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:05 pm

Approx 750 Millwall fans away at Cardiff today.

Cardiff never sent tickets out till last minute arrived at Millwall on Thursday, went on sale yesterday.

But still a small club.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Millwall Fans “

Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:08 pm

Cardiff take the knee, Millwall don't. There were quite a few boos from the visiting contingent...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:52 pm

Spent most of their time fighting with each other and the stewards.

Saw a few of them trying to fight with police outside as well but not succesfully.

Not what they were.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Spent most of their time fighting with each other and the stewards.

Saw a few of them trying to fight with police outside as well but not succesfully.

Not what they were.

I threw them a charitable pack of Pampers for the returm journey on the way out, Ned... :laughing6:

Giving it large on thr way to the ground stood behind a line of South Wales' finest but not a threat in reality

Mix of teenagers and people who (at their advanced age) should know better, high on one thing or another bigging themselves up in groups

Sadly, a group of the same from ours were doing the same on Penarth Road; pathetic the lot of them... :oops:

Inside the stadium, a couple of our stewards got pushed over and were bombarded with stamps and punches for at leadt a minute from a lunatic element who didn't look that young from my viewpoint

Thankfully, plod moved in and Millwall scored their consolation goal to calm it down a little (for a moment)

The fat guy at the back (pummelling the steward) was arrested and talking to one of the steward's CCTV caught it well

City's third goal effectively killed the game off and it isn't often our support can laugh off a couple of decent late chaces being squandered

Sadly, Millwall will never change; the difference now being they ate living om the reputations of those who went long before them... :(

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:16 pm

One or two doing the aeroplane,think that’s what started all the fuss.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Spent most of their time fighting with each other and the stewards.

Not what they were.

I threw them a charitable pack of Pampers for the returm journey on the way out, Ned... :laughing6:

Giving it large on thr way to the ground stood behind a line of South Wales' finest but not a threat in reality

Mix of teenagers and people who (at their advanced age) should know better, high on one thing or another bigging themselves up in groups

Sadly, a group of the same from ours were doing the same on Penarth Road; pathetic the lot of them... :oops:

Inside the stadium, a couple of our stewards got pushed over and were bombarded with stamps and punches for at leadt a minute from a lunatic element who didn't look that young from my viewpoint

Thankfully, plod moved in and Millwall scored their consolation goal to calm it down a little (for a moment)

The fat guy at the back (pummelling the steward) was arrested and talking to one of the steward's CCTV caught it well

City's third goal effectively killed the game off and it isn't often our support can laugh off a couple of decent late chaces being squandered

Sadly, Millwall will never change; the difference now being they ate living om the reputations of those who went long before them... :(

Thanks Chris, couldn't see exactly what was going on from Canton. Like I said, saw a few fighting with police afterwards but that wasn't going well for them either.

They've got a reputation and some of them obviously want to live up to it - clearly forgetting it's a different time now with CCTV and extra policing etc. City Centre was flooded with police this afternoon.

Sad but not surprised to see a few of our supporters trying to be wannabe-hooligans, especially when Millwall are in town. Will be similar when Bristol arrive next week I expect.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:53 pm

Scum. From 116 saw it pretty clear.

Two guys ejected. White t-shirt and a brown jacket. Both guilty.

The one that started the pushy shovey was a young weasel in a green parka, hood up, did the plane too. Then ran away when stewards came.

Hope all three get lengthy bans.

Got a little video of the 'scrap' too if this works... Decent zoom on my phone.

https://streamable.com/nifmle

Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:15 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

Not what they were.

Thanks Chris, couldn't see exactly what was going on from Canton. Like I said, saw a few fighting with police afterwards but that wasn't going well for them either.

They've got a reputation and some of them obviously want to live up to it - clearly forgetting it's a different time now with CCTV and extra policing etc. City Centre was flooded with police this afternoon.

Sad but not surprised to see a few of our supporters trying to be wannabe-hooligans, especially when Millwall are in town. Will be similar when Bristol arrive next week I expect.

Ned, quite a few middle-aged men with beer bellies and kids shouting the odds whilst taking a step back behind them...

Biggest confrontation seemed to be outside Grangetown Railway Station from either side of the road but with plod stood and parked between them, so I don't think anything too bad happened

Scummy fans

Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:29 pm

Fighting with our stewards hitting women stewards making plane gestures and spitting towards family stand... scum of the earth.... and a line of coppers between us in the family stand and them watching them doing fuk all... while people was getting punched about. Police are a joke

Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:36 pm

Saw a few of them heading towards the kids in the family stand when they scored their goal.

Big hard men obviously.

It was like the 80s called and wanted their arseholes back.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:18 pm

theclaw wrote:One or two doing the aeroplane,think that’s what started all the fuss.

The guy in black cap grey jacket was doing the aeroplane after the swim away..... always hated Millwall

Re: Scummy fans

Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:03 pm

Barrettlegend wrote:Fighting with our stewards hitting women stewards making plane gestures and spitting towards family stand... scum of the earth.... and a line of coppers between us in the family stand and them watching them doing fuk all... while people was getting punched about. Police are a joke

I'll defend the police on this one and say they did their jobs on the whole without resorting to Draconian measures like certain other forces (ahem, South Yorkshire) might have done

It's a fine balance but I will also praise the brave stewards who went up there to (at least try) to sort it out

Those people (stewards) do a grand job on the whole, whilst often being disrespected by the wannabe hooligan element amongst our support; most of whom are only brave in a pack or when they have said coppers to restrain them (or should that read hide behind?) ;)

Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:26 pm

There’s a thread about Millwall fans of the 70s and though I’m not. condoning violence I feel some old heads would have been so embarrassed by the behaviour of some of their fans today.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:31 pm

Blimey they must be the children or grandchildren of those who were at it at Ninian in 1976 :old:

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:05 am

Having watched the video again.
https://streamable.com/nifmle

Watch the guy in orange jumper and black hat. Pussy. Takes a swipe at a steward and runs away. Pissed up airplane gestures are one thing, But punching old men doing their job!

Millwall fans trying to say it started because stewards were telling them to sit down. Don't think so. They went to remove the idiots doing the plane gestures.

And to think we got charged by the FA cos Pack got two footed on Tuesday!! Control your prehistoric wannabe hooligan fans.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:40 am

Ben Husband from the Daily Mirror reported that there was crowd trouble, failing to mention that it was only Millwall fans causing the trouble and fighting with the police and stewards.

His article implies that city were somehow involved and brings up historic trouble. What a shitty thing to do.

Now, we all have issues with our club and often disagree with each other... But i won't have the Daily Mirror and Ben Husband misreporting the situation in order to make our club look bad.

https://twitter.com/Africanbluebird/sta ... 51844?s=19

What a prick.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:38 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:Ben Husband from the Daily Mirror reported that there was crowd trouble, failing to mention that it was only Millwall fans causing the trouble and fighting with the police and stewards.

His article implies that city were somehow involved and brings up historic trouble. What a shitty thing to do.

Now, we all have issues with our club and often disagree with each other... But i won't have the Daily Mirror and Ben Husband misreporting the situation in order to make our club look bad.

What a prick.

You actually read The Mirror; only a short step uo from The Sun? :o :shock:

Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:30 am

Barrettlegend wrote:Fighting with our stewards hitting women stewards making plane gestures and spitting towards family stand... scum of the earth.... and a line of coppers between us in the family stand and them watching them doing fuk all... while people was getting punched about. Police are a joke

Remember asking a mate of mine who is Cardiff fan and a policeman why didn't the police arrest more people after some trouble at Ninian Park and he said it was simply too much hassle paticularly if you charge him with something. You have to take the bloke to a police station fill in a load of forms etc which takes hours. Then if it ever gets to court his brief will say he's a lovely bloke who was provoked by opposition fans and bitterly regrets his actions etc and he gets a slap on the wrist type punishment. Simply not worth the hassle unless someone is hurt. This was a few years back and the courts might be a bit tougher now.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Crayfish wrote:

Remember asking a mate of mine who is Cardiff fan and a policeman why didn't the police arrest more people after some trouble at Ninian Park and he said it was simply too much hassle paticularly if you charge him with something. You have to take the bloke to a police station fill in a load of forms etc which takes hours. Then if it ever gets to court his brief will say he's a lovely bloke who was provoked by opposition fans and bitterly regrets his actions etc and he gets a slap on the wrist type punishment. Simply not worth the hassle unless someone is hurt. This was a few years back and the courts might be a bit tougher now.

you think football fans have been treated leniently down the years.....

Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:44 pm

Sven wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:Ben Husband from the Daily Mirror reported that there was crowd trouble, failing to mention that it was only Millwall fans causing the trouble and fighting with the police and stewards.

What a prick.

Haha no Sven. I wouldn't read the mirror or the sun, but it appeared in my daily notifications this morning from my Cardiff city news alerts

Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:21 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

What a prick.

Haha no Sven. I wouldn't read the mirror or the sun, but it appeared in my daily notifications this morning from my Cardiff city news alerts

Phew...! :thumbup: :laughing6: