Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Giles again!

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:32 pm

Said it last week. Giles looks the real deal! How he carved out that cross for the second goal was sublime! He changed the game.

Great signing! :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Re: Giles again!

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:37 pm

I was told a few weeks ago by someone who has seen it all before that Giles would be a crowd pleaser and give his all for the club.

Today I watched him when he came on - and my mate was bang on. Giles thrives off crowd interaction and was great - he seemed to love the fight and the banter. Called the ref a wanker and got booked for it - what's not to like about him

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:38 pm

Why did he get booked :-)

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:57 pm

Give wolves a blank cheque and let then write whatever number they want and we will pay it! He changed the game when he came on

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:04 pm

Brilliant signing, will be amazed if Wolves let him go permanently - they could find themselves in the Championship next season if Neves goes and it doesn't work out with their new manager.

Just hope that they don't have a recall option.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:10 pm

fred keenor wrote:Why did he get booked :-)

After the guy tripped him Giles got up and gave him the wanker sign :lol:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Got to be honest was amazed he didn’t start and then just as amazed he didn’t start the second half.
But it all worked out in the end :thumbup:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:54 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I was told a few weeks ago by someone who has seen it all before that Giles would be a crowd pleaser and give his all for the club.

Today I watched him when he came on - and my mate was bang on. Giles thrives off crowd interaction and was great - he seemed to love the fight and the banter. Called the ref a wanker and got booked for it - what's not to like about him

He does have one flaw - he's not Welsh ;)

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:55 pm

theclaw wrote:Got to be honest was amazed he didn’t start and then just as amazed he didn’t start the second half.
But it all worked out in the end :thumbup:

He was awesome at Peterborough so yes when it was announced he started on the bench it was a bit of a shock. the first signs are he is going to be a great signing for us.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:55 pm

Great cameo for him. Happy to rest him for the first 60 if he can play like that for the last 30 too... Nah!! Get him on all game!! Hell of a player.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:57 pm

Got to say what what a player he's turning out to be ,changed the game completely when he came on, really enjoy watching him play

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:10 am

CF14 Blue wrote:Said it last week. Giles looks the real deal! How he carved out that cross for the second goal was sublime! He changed the game.

Great signing! :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Agree :thumbup: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:23 am

Giles to be top on assists this season IMO
May chip in with a few goals too hopefully.

Great signing

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:10 am

If Harry Wilson is worth 12m how much for Giles?!!

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:04 pm

Can we put in a cheeky 500k bid because he hasn’t worked out very well as a left back but he’s a nice chap so we don’t mind hanging on to him?

Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:52 pm

If we’re serious about promotion we need another two Premier League loanees, Giles like Wilson last season is a different class!

Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:57 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:If Harry Wilson is worth 12m how much for Giles?!!

Probably about £5/6 m at present as he hadn’t got Wilson’s experience and although great at assists not yet a goal scorer!

Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:42 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Giles to be top on assists this season IMO
May chip in with a few goals too hopefully.

Great signing

:thumbup: