Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" A few things I noticed today "

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:14 pm

Just got back home from the game, in the last 20 minutes or so.

Plenty of discussion about the result and performance already so just going to mention a couple of things I noticed.

The biggest and most important was the discussions between Flint and Giles. Every time there was a free kick, they would speak to each other. I assume it was to plan where the ball was going to go, so that Flint could be there attacking it.

Shows they have a very good working relationship :thumbright:

I was in Canton and it sounded like a great atmosphere in there, especially in the second half which was good to hear. Don't know how it sounded from the rest of the stadium, as I'm aware it doesn't always travel.

Likewise, I was disappointed with Millwall's fans lack of noise. Barely heard anything from them all game, but again that might be because they were so far away.

Brilliant that all the fans around me weren't criticising the players but always shouting encouragement.

Finally, this was my first time watching City for 18 months and it was just great to be back.

Everything about it was enjoyable, really missed it and can't wait to get back down there for Bristol next week :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: " A few things I noticed today "

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:59 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just got back home from the game, in the last 20 minutes or so.

Plenty of discussion about the result and performance already so just going to mention a couple of things I noticed.

The biggest and most important was the discussions between Flint and Giles. Every time there was a free kick, they would speak to each other. I assume it was to plan where the ball was going to go, so that Flint could be there attacking it.

Shows they have a very good working relationship :thumbright:

I was in Canton and it sounded like a great atmosphere in there, especially in the second half which was good to hear. Don't know how it sounded from the rest of the stadium, as I'm aware it doesn't always travel.

Likewise, I was disappointed with Millwall's fans lack of noise. Barely heard anything from them all game, but again that might be because they were so far away.

Brilliant that all the fans around me weren't criticising the players but always shouting encouragement.

Finally, this was my first time watching City for 18 months and it was just great to be back.

Everything about it was enjoyable, really missed it and can't wait to get back down there for Bristol next week :thumbright: :bluebird:

Same here worcester, took my great niece who is 7, and she is hooked :thumbup: , have to get her a pink shirt nkw :laughing5: , could hear you from family stand tbf :thumbup: did they announce the crowd number today? I must have missed it, and never got to really guess , as was to busy watching over my great niece, Defford not 20k tho.onwards and upwards city!!! :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:46 am

Yes, the Canton Stand sounded loud from the Ninian and Millwall hardly sung at all.
Behaviour of their fans also was disgusting.

I hope anyone who laid a hand on the stewards gets put in jail.

Crowd was just over 18000

Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:18 am

Even though it was a poor first half nobody in the canton was getting on anybody’s backs just all agreeing that first half could have been better when we got that first goal the canton really exploded into life then it wasn’t long before the second went in atmosphere superb love being in there

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:38 am

From where I was sat the Canton sounded great and at time really loud! Well done to all in there.

The crowd was announced at just over 18,000 but there didn’t seem that many in there again.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:31 am

The atmosphere was good but when we scored the stadium erupted and the the second went in and the same eruption lol that is what wounded up the idiots in the away end .

Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:07 am

Canton sounded great from Ninian as it did against Barnsley.Flint and Morrison would also go in to discussion for an attacking set piece.Training paying off.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:14 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:From where I was sat the Canton sounded great and at time really loud! Well done to all in there.

The crowd was announced at just over 18,000 but there didn’t seem that many in there again.

The stadium was definitely more than half full ,its seemed a lot more fuller than the Barnsley game too.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:34 am

wez1927 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:From where I was sat the Canton sounded great and at time really loud! Well done to all in there.

The stadium was definitely more than half full ,its seemed a lot more fuller than the Barnsley game too.

I thought there were more than Barnsley too. Should be 20+ on Saturday

Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:56 am

It would be nice if we could get a twenty five thousand crowd but early kick off and I think it’s on sky not to sure because derby and forest are playing the same time so they might show that game