Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Scott malone

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:16 pm

Thought he was quite good today, a lot of the play went through him for millwall.

FairPlay to sang dealt with him a lot better in the second half

Probably one of the worst player swap deals we’ve ever done swapping Richards for him he’s had a pretty decent career

Re: Scott malone

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:20 pm

Agree with all of that. Did well today.

Probably good enough to play for a better team than Millwall in this division.

Capable of scoring some decent goals as well, remember him scoring a late winner for us from distance but can't remember where it was. Was definitely away.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Agree with all of that. Did well today.

Capable of scoring some decent goals as well, remember him scoring a late winner for us from distance but can't remember where it was. Was definitely away.

It was a last minute equaliser at QPR, 2-2 was the final score.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:54 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Agree with all of that. Did well today.

It was a last minute equaliser at QPR, 2-2 was the final score.

That's it, thought it was a winner but point still stands.

Decent goal it was.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:07 pm

Scott Malone was decent enough for us and it was good to hear him get a round of applause on his return... :clap:

I believe he is one of thr highest scoring full backs in the Championship?

I recalled with my mate that he was 'swapped' with him going to Fulham and Jazz Richards coming the other way...

Who had the better deal there then...? ;) :laughing6:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:51 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Thought he was quite good today, a lot of the play went through him for millwall.

FairPlay to sang dealt with him a lot better in the second half

Probably one of the worst player swap deals we’ve ever done swapping Richards for him he’s had a pretty decent career

Agree and let us not forget .... Dortmund were interested ;)

Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:10 am

He played really high up the pitch which surprised me a bit.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:31 pm

Some people have short memories :roll:

Malone was absolutely useless when he played for us, not bad at getting forward but an awful defender

He was constantly criticised on forums for bottling tackles and I don’t think anyone was disappointed to see him leave

Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:53 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Some people have short memories :roll:

Malone was absolutely useless when he played for us, not bad at getting forward but an awful defender

He was constantly criticised on forums for bottling tackles and I don’t think anyone was disappointed to see him leave

Looked pretty good for milwall and wasn’t that bad for us.

Also he’s a lot better than jazz Richards hence why one is playing in the championship and one is in the welsh league

Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:41 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Looked pretty good for milwall and wasn’t that bad for us.

Also he’s a lot better than jazz Richards hence why one is playing in the championship and one is in the welsh league

;) :thumbup:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:15 pm

we got the better player but the worse end of the deal.....