Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Team & crowd for Tuesday "

Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:50 pm

What team does everyone want to see or expect to see for the Brighton game on Tuesday?

I can see Mick choosing a strong team, he picked a relatively strong team against Sutton, personally I'd like him to give Murphy a start but not sure he will.

Not sure what team Brighton will play but would expect them to make changes. If they don't then our set pieces may struggle against Dunk, Duffy and Webster.

I would go for:

Smithies
Ng
Flint
Morrison
Nelson
Bagan
Vaulks
Wintle
Giles
Murphy
Collins

Also, what does everyone think the crowd will be? Hopefully a decent number, but I'm not sure it will be as high as our home league attendances so far.

Not sure how many Brighton will be bringing.

Not going myself as there are no trains back after the match, so would have had to book a hotel which I couldn't afford.

But I will be at the Bristol City game on Saturday :thumbright:

Prices for this game are very reasonable and hopefully will be enough to bring in a good crowd.

Our second home midweek game of the season, after Sutton.

But this should see a much bigger crowd than that, with Premier League opposition.

Re: " Team & crowd for Tuesday "

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:51 am

I'm considering taking my great niece to a night game soon, but even at the excellent prices, and even if Brighton bring 1k, I can't see there being more than 8/10k max tbf, can see Brighton resting a few players after their good start in the league, I'm kind of hoping Mick tests a few of our crucial players, like Morrison, flint etc, we have a long road ahead, with many crammed periods to come, we cannot lose crucial players imho. Will be taking her to the Bristol game, hoping we get a good turnout, around 22/24K , but even then, that's expecting a decent walk up imho. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:06 am

Second string team and a crowd of 7K. League is far more important.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:50 am

Blueberry Jam wrote:Second string team and a crowd of 7K. League is far more important.

Looking at pre sold tickets we wont break 5k

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Blueberry Jam wrote:Second string team and a crowd of 7K. League is far more important.

That's always the thinking, but the memories of our 2 cup finals will live with me for ever. I would love to see another cup run.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:19 pm

I pretty much agree with most of that team tbh :bluescarf:

When is Ciaron Brown / Mark McGuinness back? I would put them in for one or two of the CB's chosen just to keep them for the important league games

Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:42 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I pretty much agree with most of that team tbh :bluescarf:

When is Ciaron Brown / Mark McGuinness back? I would put them in for one or two of the CB's chosen just to keep them for the important league games

I agree. If fit, put them in and add that CB from the U23s (forgot his name. Plus NG, Vaulks, Bacuna, Murphy, Harris, Smithies, Collins
Much bigger fish to fry on Saturday v Worzels imo

Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:00 am

Last night's attendance was stated as 6,013

A little disappounting but those who were there were treated to a decent game and value for their money... :thumbright:

Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:00 am

Sven wrote:Last night's attendance was stated as 6,013

A little disappounting but those who were there were treated to a decent game and value for their money... :thumbright:

Was a decent game and city did have some very good passing periods
The size crowd caught out the club as there was a late upturn in ticket sales on the day and the food outlets didn't have enough stock to cater for it... plus there are availability issues like a lot of buisnesses at the moment with lack of drivers ect. According to a manager last night.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:40 pm

Good enough team. Just no Bacuna.