A forum for all things Cardiff City

' KIEFFER MOORE BID being lined up '

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:23 am

Paper talk I hope!

Exclusive:

By Wayne Veysey

23rd Aug, 2021

Sources: Wolves line up £7m bid for Cardiff City star Moore

Wolves are lining up a bid for Cardiff City striker Kieffer Moore, Football Insider has learned.

The Premier League club are in the market for a centre-forward in the final week of the window.

Sources: Wolves line up £7m bid for Cardiff City star Moore

23/08/21

Wolves are lining up a bid for Cardiff City striker Kieffer Moore, Football Insider has learned.

The Premier League club are in the market for a centre-forward in the final week of the window.

A Wolves source has told Football Insider the club are ready to submit an offer of around £7million for Moore.

Cardiff are opening to selling the 29-year-old as they look to raise much-needed cash.

A £2million signing from Wigan Athletic in August 2020, Moore has two years remaining on his contract in the Welsh capital.

The target man has contributed one goal and one assist in five appearances across all competitions this season.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Subscribe
Bluebirds boss Mick McCarthy used Moore as an impact substitute in the first three games of the Championship campaign before giving him the nod to start against Millwall on Saturday.

Moore was one of the Championship’s standout performers last season, with his 42 appearances in the division yielding 20 goals and two assists.

Such form earned him a place in Wales’ squad for Euro 2020.

He impressed in his four appearances in the competition and scored in a 1-1 draw with Switzerland.

Wolves are in the market for a centre-forward who can provide cover and competition for Raul Jimenez before the window shuts.

The Mexico international, who has recently returned from a serious head injury, is one of only two strikers at Molineux.

The other recognised striker at Bruno Lage’s disposal is 19-year-old Fabio Silva, who has scored four goals in 34 Premier League appearances.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MOORE BID being lined up

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:32 am

Igovernor wrote:Paper talk I hope!

Hopefully it is as I think city would take £7M

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:34 am

If true, I wonder if Wolves would use Giles as part of the deal.

Re: KIEFFER MOORE BID being lined up

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:48 am

Being the last week of the transfer window, id be amazed if there is no movement either way.

Letting KM go without a quality replacement would be criminal tho and totally undermine our good start to the season.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:50 am

Lukuku and Moore same age , one £98m the other £7m surely there's not £90m difference between them . We should not accept a bid less than £15m . Or £10m and Giles ?

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:52 am

nojac wrote:Lukuku and Moore same age , one £98m the other £7m surely there's not £90m difference between them . We should not accept a bid less than £15m . Or £10m and Giles ?

I agree with your valuation going by today’s market. It would also be important to get a quality replacement in the same mould which wouldn’t be easy, or cheap.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:55 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
nojac wrote:Lukuku and Moore same age , one £98m the other £7m surely there's not £90m difference between them . We should not accept a bid less than £15m . Or £10m and Giles ?

I agree with your valuation going by today’s market. It would also be important to get a quality replacement in the same mould which wouldn’t be easy, or cheap.

The number 9 shirt is still available!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:58 am

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

:thumbup: But then, the number 10 would be available!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Ramsey is on his way :lol:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:06 am

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

If carlsberg did transfer rumours…
I reckon if Wolves are short of a reserve striker they’d dip into Portugal so hopefully a lazy journalist putting 2+2 together and making 5.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:09 am

Not interested at that price unless Giles was part of the deal. Otherwise Moore would be a 12million player.

Proven goal scorer at International level and more than good enough for the prem.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:09 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I reckon if Wolves are short of a reserve striker they’d dip into Portugal so hopefully a lazy journalist putting 2+2 together and making 5.

Personally I do think that it is bollux :thumbup:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:10 am

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Personally I do think that it is bollux :thumbup:

Not sure what the site’s reputation is like but hopefully you’re right.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:10 am

Hopefully bullshit.

I can't understand why Wolves would want him.

Jimenez is quality and Fabio Silva is a decent back up. Traore sometimes plays as a striker as well.

But if it does happen and we don't replace him, it will be criminal.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:17 am

An easy guesswork made up story, top Championship striker, mid table premiership team that wouldn't play to his strengths!

If I was making up the story, I would have probably said Burnley or somewhere like Norwich!

If anyone did come in this late, we could demand £10Mill or he's going nowhere!
Last edited by Bluebina on Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:18 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I agree, this board would sell for peanuts, thats my strong view.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:27 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Not interested at that price unless Giles was part of the deal. Otherwise Moore would be a 12million player.

Proven goal scorer at International level and more than good enough for the prem.

Reckon they might add a couple of mill and take Tomlin?

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

John Toshack all over again.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:32 am

I’d be more worried about Burnley than Wolves and the Club know that offers will come in this week!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:40 am

BC-CB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

John Toshack all over again.

:cry:

Yes i can see it now, hopefully only paper talk.

Re: ' KIEFFER MOORE BID being lined up '

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:49 am

Part of me is resigned to losing Keiffer. Strikers are hot property and hes proven hes a goalscorer. However, 7 million is a joke. Especially when we were able to offload Zohore for 8. 12 million plus and I guess we can start talking, I just hope we look at bringing in another striker if this scenario does play out.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:56 am

Any deal of £5m + Giles has got to be worth considering.

Giles will increase in value because of his age, and we’d have at least part of that £5m to replace Moore with.

Bottom line is, if Moore wants to go we’ll have to let him or risk him sulking for the rest of the season.

I’d much rather keep him but we have to be practical and the club isn’t holding all the aces here.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:07 am

For me Kieffer Moore is worth £15mill end off.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:For me Kieffer Moore is worth £15mill end off.

In what world?

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:24 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Part of me is resigned to losing Keiffer. Strikers are hot property and hes proven hes a goalscorer. However, 7 million is a joke. Especially when we were able to offload Zohore for 8. 12 million plus and I guess we can start talking, I just hope we look at bringing in another striker if this scenario does play out.

Zohore was younger and the transfer market was a lot different.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:27 am

Southampton have paid over £15m for Adam Armstrong and Wolves are about to sell Traore to Spurs for a reported £40m and Man Utd want Neves at around £25m. What price KM in those circumstances? £15m should be the starting point or £12m plus Giles if all of this is true. Sadly IF we were to get over £10m how much would MM get to replace KM, DIDDLY SQUAT probably.

My worry is the club will shit the bed on this one IF a £7m bid comes in for KM.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:27 am

A younger with a better Championship record Dwight Gayle went for £10 million.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:29 am

Moore will be sold either this season or next season - unless he has a stinker of a season this year but lets be honest he wont

My point is it's going to happen sooner or later so if Wolves came in with £8million + Giles then it would be hard to turn down

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:32 am

castleblue wrote:Southampton have paid over £15m for Adam Armstrong and Wolves are about to sell Traore to Spurs for a reported £40m and Man Utd want Neves at around £25m. What price KM in those circumstances? £15m should be the starting point or £12m plus Giles if all of this is true. Sadly IF we were to get over £10m how much would MM get to replace KM, DIDDLY SQUAT probably.

My worry is the club will shit the bed on this one IF a £7m bid comes in for KM.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

£15 million for Armstrong actually works against us.

He’s younger, has had two seasons scoring at championship level. Just an all round more valuable player.

I love Moore but he’s not worth the same as Armstrong. I mean we all say Armstrong play last year didn’t we?

Any comparison with people who have done it at premier league level (Traore) are like comparing league one players to Kiefer.
Last edited by maccydee on Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:33 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:For me Kieffer Moore is worth £15mill end off.

In what world?

I tend to agree. I don't think he's worth £15mil.
But I think the club would sell for around £7mil.