Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' KIEFFER MOORE BID being lined up '

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:39 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:For me Kieffer Moore is worth £15mill end off.

In what world?

My Opinion and by his record with us and we were not even a play off team.

If Tan sold him for £5mill you would think it was ok, but thats you all over.

If we want to at least get somewhere you have to keep players like Morre.

As you said the other day, Collins is only a back up to Moore and it does not matter if he does not score goals :lol:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:40 am

Nothing less than £12m :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:40 am

If we have any ambition, then its a no :bluebird:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:41 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

In what world?

I tend to agree. I don't think he's worth £15mil.
But I think the club would sell for around £7mil.

Of course he isn’t. It’s Annis setting up to have a go at the club again for selling him on the cheap. So transparent.

Let’s be honest if this was Sam or Riddler there would already be feelers out to sell him. Might even have a helicopter on standby.

We have rarely (if ever) sold true assets on the cheap under Tan.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:41 am

maccydee wrote:A younger with a better Championship record Dwight Gayle went for £10 million.

Here goes mighty mouth and know it all, but knows nothing :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

In what world?

My Opinion and by his record with us and we were not even a play off team.

If Tan sold him for £5mill you would think it was ok, but thats you all over.

If we want to at least get somewhere you have to keep players like Morre.

As you said the other day, Collins is only a back up to Moore and it does not matter if he does not score goals :lol:

5 million I would be disappointed with. 7 million I would be disappointed with. But 15 million I would be delighted. We would have got more than Newcastle paid for Dwight Gayle and the same Southampton paid for Armstrong.

I would say well done. You however, would never say that.

If we sell Moore then Collins is no longer a back up and I would expect him to score goals.

You know there’s about a year difference in them age wise and they have very similar records don’t you Annis?

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:44 am

barnet blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:A younger with a better Championship record Dwight Gayle went for £10 million.

Here goes mighty mouth and know it all, but knows nothing :laughing6: :laughing6:

Actually that is a fact.

Here comes know f**k all who only pops out to attack the club. Clown

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:45 am

Off now, flying back to Cardiff to watch the Brighton game :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:50 am

Oli McBurnie went from the jacks to SU for £20m plus addons scored 22 goals in 39 appearances for the jacks, admittedly he was 23 when sold, does anyone think that Keiffer is not worth £15m?
MM has said
Quote "Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy says he isn't worried about Kieffer Moore's future, despite reports linking the striker with a move to the Premier League.However, he admits the Bluebirds would likely be tempted should a lucrative offer come in for the Wales international."
I do not think that £7m is a lucatrive offer, the board may think otherwise :banghead:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:Off now, flying back to Cardiff to watch the Brighton game.

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:57 am

Igovernor wrote:Oli McBurnie went from the jacks to SU for £20m plus addons scored 22 goals in 39 appearances for the jacks, admittedly he was 23 when sold, does anyone think that Keiffer is not worth £15m?
MM has said
Quote "Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy says he isn't worried about Kieffer Moore's future, despite reports linking the striker with a move to the Premier League.However, he admits the Bluebirds would likely be tempted should a lucrative offer come in for the Wales international."
I do not think that £7m is a lucatrive offer, the board may think otherwise :banghead:

Younger, sell on clause, other teams interested. Pre-Covid.

Desperate side just promoted who needed a striker.

I mean we paid £8 million for Cornelius and £6 million for Madine.

Armstrong went for £15 million this season. That is much better as a comparison.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:00 am

maccydee wrote:
castleblue wrote:Southampton have paid over £15m for Adam Armstrong and Wolves are about to sell Traore to Spurs for a reported £40m and Man Utd want Neves at around £25m. What price KM in those circumstances? £15m should be the starting point or £12m plus Giles if all of this is true. Sadly IF we were to get over £10m how much would MM get to replace KM, DIDDLY SQUAT probably.

My worry is the club will shit the bed on this one IF a £7m bid comes in for KM.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

£15 million for Armstrong actually works against us.

He’s younger, has had two seasons scoring at championship level. Just an all round more valuable player.

I love Moore but he’s not worth the same as Armstrong. I mean we all say Armstrong play last year didn’t we?

Any comparison with people who have done it at premier league level (Traore) are like comparing league one players to Kiefer.

The point is that Wolves are about to have a lot of money to spend IF all these rumours are true. In respect of Traore I would argue his PL record suggest he hasn't done that much. 7 goals in over 140 appearances ALL scored with his right foot, his shooting accuracy is around 28%, he has NEVER had a header on target in short he looks like a player who is better than he is. He is 25 now so no excuses about being a young player he is at best erratic. I would put money on KM scoring more than 7 goals from 140 PL appearances, he has scored 6 goals for Wales in just over 20 appearances so if Traore is worth £40m then yes KM is worth every penny of £15m.

Having watched Southampton v Utd yesterday Adam Armstrong has 2 chances to score and failed with both I believe KM would have done better. Armstrong is a handful but so is KM.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:01 am

The forum joker is at it again Maccydee :lol: backs the board not the club first, would sell everyone for peanuts and he would applaud them. Their is always one clown on every forum and that’s him

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:02 am

You don’t sell your star player :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:05 am

Always City wrote:The forum joker is at it again Maccydee :lol: backs the board not the club first, would sell everyone for peanuts and he would applaud them. Their is always one clown on every forum and that’s him

Barnet Blue check
Always City check

Where is loyal blue to complete the triumvirate.

Please come back when you know the difference with there and their.

On the contrary I realise backing the board is backing the club.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:09 am

maccydee wrote:
Always City wrote:The forum joker is at it again Maccydee :lol: backs the board not the club first, would sell everyone for peanuts and he would applaud them. Their is always one clown on every forum and that’s him

Barnet Blue check
Always City check

I will get on this before I board the plane.

The board are not for our club, they are for themselves and for me I will say this I love my club, I detest the regime :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:12 am

maccydee wrote:

Barnet Blue check
Always City check

I am me, a City fan, I ain’t no one else , why would I be?
It’s yiu that worries me hounding other posters if they don’t agree with you , your a muppet

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:16 am

Always City wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Barnet Blue check
Always City check

It’s yiu that worries me hounding other posters if they don’t agree with you , your a muppet

https://www.amazon.co.uk/English-Gramma ... th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Matching-Lette ... g+&sr=8-15

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:18 am

Always City wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Barnet Blue check
Always City check

I mean you jumped on my posts with abuse.

I would definitely strongly consider those links I gave you.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:25 am

maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Oli McBurnie went from the jacks to SU for £20m plus addons scored 22 goals in 39 appearances for the jacks, admittedly he was 23 when sold, does anyone think that Keiffer is not worth £15m?
MM has said

Armstrong went for £15 million this season. That is much better as a comparison.

Most of what you say here is fair, but not sure pre Covid is a totally fair argument in this case in terms of impacting a players ‘value’. Man City have just broken the British transfer record and might be about to do so again.

Where is does come into play is that PL clubs, know that EFL clubs are desperate due to not having fans or TV cash to offset and so just another example of the PL not giving a s**t about the pyramid despite what they say.

There is still money awash in the Premier League, so if there is truth in this story let’s hope it starts a bidding war to get us at least north of £10m.

The other point on Moore is that he is an effective international striker who helped Wales significantly when he came into the team a couple of years back…so his record is more that just EFL based.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:36 am

Blue78 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
MM has said

Most of what you say here is fair, but not sure pre Covid is a totally fair argument in this case in terms of impacting a players ‘value’. Man City have just broken the British transfer record and might be about to do so again.

Where is does come into play is that PL clubs, know that EFL clubs are desperate due to not having fans or TV cash to offset and so just another example of the PL not giving a s**t about the pyramid despite what they say.

There is still money awash in the Premier League, so if there is truth in this story let’s hope it starts a bidding war to get us at least north of £10m.

The other point on Moore is that he is an effective international striker who helped Wales significantly when he came into the team a couple of years back…so his record is more that just EFL based.

Yep you make some excellent points.

Although Man City bought off a fellow premier league club. Although affected by Covid, less so than championship Cardiff. Plus Man City and their owners’ riches are well known.

Blackburn like us have been impacted by Covid. Armstrong is probably worth more than what Southampton paid for him especially as he is an under 21 intl for England. They squeezed Blackburn for sure.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:06 am

I thought this forum was supposed to be abuse free?

The message has been we should debate football (or other issues) without resorting to petty name calling in this case 'the forum clown' :roll:

Yet this post goes unchallenged because the target is Maccydee presumably because he is an independent thinker and doesn't simply follow the crowd by abusing the board (& Tan) at every opportunity whether it is warranted or not.

If this message board really is a debating forum i.e. varied opinions including those about the owner/board, rather than an anti-board propaganda outlet then surely a Mod should ask Always City to tone down his language and start debating by showing other posters the proper respect?

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:16 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

The message has been we should debate football (or other issues) without resorting to petty name calling in this case 'the forum clown' :roll:

Yet this post goes unchallenged because the target is Maccydee presumably because he is an independent thinker and doesn't simply follow the crowd by abusing the board (& Tan) at every opportunity whether it is warranted or not.

If this message board really is a debating forum i.e. varied opinions including those about the owner/board, rather than an anti-board propaganda outlet then surely a Mod should ask Always City to tone down his language and start debating by showing other posters the proper respect?

Appreciate that Tony.

While you make some class points (as always) and they likely won’t be answered the Lion does not concern themselves with the opinion of Sheep, especially unintelligent, illiterate Sheep.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:54 am

maccydee wrote:

In what world?

Brighton signed Neal Maupay for £20m+ from Brentford on the back of scoring 13 goals in the Championship in one season and 28 in the Championship the other season.

On that basis, Moore is worth £12-15m. He scored 20 last season and 19 the season before for a team that ended up going down (albeit due to a points deduction).

Personally I can't see him going anywhere this window though.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

In what world?

Brighton signed Neal Maupay for £20m+ from Brentford on the back of scoring 13 goals in the Championship in one season and 28 in the Championship the other season.

On that basis, Moore is worth £12-15m. He scored 20 last season and 19 the season before for a team that ended up going down (albeit due to a points deduction).

Personally I can't see him going anywhere this window though.

So 41 goals in two seasons compared to Moore’s 30 over two seasons. Collins got 24 over the same two seasons.

Maupay was also a lot younger and it was pre Covid.

We shouldn’t expect anywhere near £15 million.

Again I point to Armstrong which is much more comparable.

If we didn’t have a rich chairman/owner we would have been touting him out a long time ago as regularly happened under Sam and Riddler.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Wolves are quite direct or long ball, it's just not route one, they toss around with it but inevitably there is a long pass or cross involved and Jimenez has had a very nasty injury and no one knows how he will fare in the air.

£10mill is a back up's price for a team of Wolves resources.I think there could be mileage in this.

It was my first game Saturday and it was the first time I saw Keiffer in our shirt. He is much much better on the deck than I ever gave him credit for but also very mobile. He would fit their profile, he pins the centre halfs and that allows the wide players a bit more space.

If a mid table premier league team wants a player they usually get them. For me I would insist on Giles being part of the deal. He is going to be a fantastic player and I would really test their resolve. Remember all the "anybody can take a corner or free kick" bollox around Whitts, well the last four seasons proved they can't, but this kid can............

PS

I always assumed one or two posters are shall i say are system generated to stoke it up a bit of debate.......

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:38 pm

Frankly I really don’t want to see Moore go. However, I would be amazed that if he did the fee would be any more than £7m.

He’s 29 and just had the season of his career, it stands out because until now, his record was relatively ordinary.

People talking about £15m are just dreaming.

The other point is that, as I understand it, Moore is in a relatively low wage (less than £14k week). The board were very prudent when they signed him but that means that he is more likely to have his head turned and, at his age, it’s likely to be his first and last big money contract so all we can hope is that no serious bid comes in for him.

People really have to be realistic. This club, through all our owners/regimes (particularly Riddler and Hammam) has sold players at low fees just to keep the HMRC away.

That hasn’t happened for some time.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:42 pm

Not sure why people are getting their city shirts in a twist over this?
Any player is only worth what a club is willing to spend on him and what the club is willing to sell him for or in fact if they need to sell at all..... but one thing is for sure if he is sold even for £15m+ people will only complain about lack of ambition instead of fee? :o

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:46 pm

When it says a bid is being lined up , what on earth does that mean?
Are the wolves owners , counting up all their loose change , emptying their money boxes etc.
Surely if there is a bid it would have been made , but saying its "being lined up". Its all total nonsense , journalist's randomly naming names , just gossiping to sell papers or to get hits on line . Well the next 7 days will not be boring , thats for sure !!!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Tony, it's been dealt with (and not just with the character mentioned) :thumbup:

Neil may not be everyone's cup of tea on here (are any of us?) and we've had our moments of both agreement and disagreement, which is how it should be own a debating platform; but it has always been respectful and I can vouch for him as a good person off-Forum

There are limits to which these sudden occasional 'pop-up' members should not pass and the same goes for all of us in reality :thumbright:

My own opinion on the Moore matter is that we need to wait for a bid, if it comes, to be made and only then can we discuss its value/worth to the club on either a footballing or financial front; remembering, of course, if a bid is made it is merely a starting point for negotiation; at which point, we will see whose fortitude is the strongest close to the transfer window closing, i.e. the club being coaxed into selling or the club attempting to buy...?

For me, the latter have most to lose (unable to purchase again until Xmas) at this point

Don't want Keiffer to go; he was a revelation in an otherwise disappointing season last year and put simply, we need him...! :old: