Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' KIEFFER MOORE BID being lined up '

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:31 pm

Flint must be worth 15m :-)

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:34 pm

sell maybe the end of season if not promoted but now at the start of the season well that would just f.ck up the season for me and would show we have no ambition ourselves to do something this season
Be well p.ss.d off if this goes down

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:46 pm

montyblue wrote:sell maybe the end of season if not promoted but now at the start of the season well that would just f.ck up the season for me and would show we have no ambition ourselves to do something this season

Sell for £10m (plus £2m add ins, sell on clause, give us Giles too and we keep Moore til end of season. That’ll do

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Always City wrote:You don’t sell your star player :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Not having a go, but 99% of clubs sell their "best player/s. Look at villa, £100m for grealish, who imho is worth far far less, but he was villas best player, still sold him though.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Sven wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Always City wrote:The forum joker is at it again Maccydee :lol: backs the board not the club first, would sell everyone for peanuts and he would applaud them. Their is always one clown on every forum and that’s him

I thought this forum was supposed to be abuse free?

The message has been we should debate football (or other issues) without resorting to petty name calling in this case 'the forum clown' :roll:

Yet this post goes unchallenged because the target is Maccydee presumably because he is an independent thinker and doesn't simply follow the crowd by abusing the board (& Tan) at every opportunity whether it is warranted or not.

If this message board really is a debating forum i.e. varied opinions including those about the owner/board, rather than an anti-board propaganda outlet then surely a Mod should ask Always City to tone down his language and start debating by showing other posters the proper respect?

Tony, it's been dealt with (and not just with the character mentioned) :thumbup:

Neil may not be everyone's cup of tea on here (are any of us?) and we've had our moments of both agreement and disagreement, which is how it should be own a debating platform; but it has always been respectful and I can vouch for him as a good person off-Forum

There are limits to which these sudden occasional 'pop-up' members should not pass and the same goes for all of us in reality :thumbright:

My own opinion on the Moore matter is that we need to wait for a bid, if it comes, to be made and only then can we discuss its value/worth to the club on either a footballing or financial front; remembering, of course, if a bid is made it is merely a starting point for negotiation; at which point, we will see whose fortitude is the strongest close to the transfer window closing, i.e. the club being coaxed into selling or the club attempting to buy...?

For me, the latter have most to lose (unable to purchase again until Xmas) at this point

Don't want Keiffer to go; he was a revelation in an otherwise disappointing season last year and put simply, we need him...! :old:

I would be very worried were I Always City’s cup of tea.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:22 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Always City wrote:The forum joker is at it again Maccydee :lol: backs the board not the club first, would sell everyone for peanuts and he would applaud them. Their is always one clown on every forum and that’s him

I thought this forum was supposed to be abuse free?

The message has been we should debate football (or other issues) without resorting to petty name calling in this case 'the forum clown' :roll:

Yet this post goes unchallenged because the target is Maccydee presumably because he is an independent thinker and doesn't simply follow the crowd by abusing the board (& Tan) at every opportunity whether it is warranted or not.

If this message board really is a debating forum i.e. varied opinions including those about the owner/board, rather than an anti-board propaganda outlet then surely a Mod should ask Always City to tone down his language and start debating by showing other posters the proper respect?

Tony, it's been dealt with (and not just with the character mentioned) :thumbup:

Neil may not be everyone's cup of tea on here (are any of us?) and we've had our moments of both agreement and disagreement, which is how it should be own a debating platform; but it has always been respectful and I can vouch for him as a good person off-Forum

There are limits to which these sudden occasional 'pop-up' members should not pass and the same goes for all of us in reality :thumbright:

My own opinion on the Moore matter is that we need to wait for a bid, if it comes, to be made and only then can we discuss its value/worth to the club on either a footballing or financial front; remembering, of course, if a bid is made it is merely a starting point for negotiation; at which point, we will see whose fortitude is the strongest close to the transfer window closing, i.e. the club being coaxed into selling or the club attempting to buy...?

For me, the latter have most to lose (unable to purchase again until Xmas) at this point

Don't want Keiffer to go; he was a revelation in an otherwise disappointing season last year and put simply, we need him...! :old:

I would be very worried were I Always City’s cup of tea.

You read it well, Neil...! ;) :lol: :clap:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:23 pm

montyblue wrote:sell maybe the end of season if not promoted but now at the start of the season well that would just f.ck up the season for me and would show we have no ambition ourselves to do something this season

I agree with the sentiment of your post, Monty... :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:03 pm

SVEN

Bloody hell keep this agreeing thing
and we will almost be buddy's.
Seriously this really would effect season ticket sales it just spells it out in black and white which path we are going doen
if this has any legs

Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:17 pm

If an offer of £10m comes in I personally don’t see how the club could turn it down. We’re all aware of the financial impact on the clubs recently, and to get that much for a player who we bought for only £2m (if my memory serves me right) is great business.
On the other hand, unless we’ve got a replacement lined up we’ll struggle to continue with the form we are currently in. We are 6th currently and Kieffer has only started 1 out of the 4 games, but soon enough the goals from the CB’s will dry up and we then need a striker who can score. And the way we play I just can’t see that being James Collins, he works hard but that’s about it. So we would definitely need a replacement.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:24 pm

Anything over 10m I would take as long as we get a replacement on loan from a Premier team in the guise of a tammy abraham type player

Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:39 pm

BLUEBIRD IN JACKLAND
If we sell moore for 10 million what do you have to spend to get equivalent player and its a gamble they will deliver 20 goals a season imo better to hold on to what you have
you gain nothing imo.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:59 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:If an offer of £10m comes in I personally don’t see how the club could turn it down. We’re all aware of the financial impact on the clubs recently, and to get that much for a player who we bought for only £2m (if my memory serves me right) is great business.
On the other hand, unless we’ve got a replacement lined up we’ll struggle to continue with the form we are currently in. We are 6th currently and Kieffer has only started 1 out of the 4 games, but soon enough the goals from the CB’s will dry up and we then need a striker who can score. And the way we play I just can’t see that being James Collins, he works hard but that’s about it. So we would definitely need a replacement.

Although Collins’ goalscoring record isn’t that far off Moores’

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:07 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:If an offer of £10m comes in I personally don’t see how the club could turn it down. We’re all aware of the financial impact on the clubs recently, and to get that much for a player who we bought for only £2m (if my memory serves me right) is great business.

maybe they can pay us £9 mill for collins instead then... :)

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:15 pm

wolves fans don' t fancy moore reading between the lines the would prefer patrick moore and he' s dead
They only like players with a foreign name.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:22 pm

montyblue wrote:wolves fans don' t fancy moore reading between the lines the would prefer patrick moore and he' s dead

Kiefer sounds pretty foreign to me... dont think there were any kiefers hanging with owain and the boys in the 14th century..

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:42 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:

maybe they can pay us £9 mill for collins instead then... :)

Or maybe it’s very lucky we got him on a free

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:31 pm

It’s a fine line. His value is unlikely to be as high at the end of this season even if he scores another 20 - 1 year older and 1 season less on his contract.

When big Ken had that stand out season (or half a season in reality), there was talk of £15m plus for him and the same argument of ‘no ambition’ if we sell etc. Reality is that he then didn’t do much for us after that and we were unbelievably lucky to get £8m for him, but had ‘lost’ £7m on his supposed peak value.

If the club got £12m in the current climate, without condition or add on that would represent an incredible return on the £2m that we got him from Wigan for - and we stole him from them because they were in such difficulty.

For further context, Brentford got Toney from Peterborough for just £5m last summer. Also at Posh, Clarke-Harris has a comparable goal scoring record to Toney at League one level although a couple of years older…but better than Moore at the level snd a couple of years younger. So there are decent goal scoring strikers out there and one where we could reasonable expect to pay no more than £5m for.

So £12m would give us the chance to bring in potentially 3 decent players at least.

The problem is whether a. The money will be reinvested and b. Reinvested well. The later part is where I have my doubts.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:49 pm

skidemin wrote:
montyblue wrote:wolves fans don' t fancy moore reading between the lines the would prefer patrick moore and he' s dead

Kiefer sounds pretty foreign to me... dont think there were any kiefers hanging with owain and the boys in the 14th century..

Do they know his middle names are Roberto Francisco and he could've played for China? True story :)

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:57 pm

Blue78 wrote:

It’s a fine line. His value is unlikely to be as high at the end of this season even if he scores another 20 - 1 year older and 1 season less on his contract.

When big Ken had that stand out season (or half a season in reality), there was talk of £15m plus for him and the same argument of ‘no ambition’ if we sell etc. Reality is that he then didn’t do much for us after that and we were unbelievably lucky to get £8m for him, but had ‘lost’ £7m on his supposed peak value.

If the club got £12m in the current climate, without condition or add on that would represent an incredible return on the £2m that we got him from Wigan for - and we stole him from them because they were in such difficulty.

For further context, Brentford got Toney from Peterborough for just £5m last summer. Also at Posh, Clarke-Harris has a comparable goal scoring record to Toney at League one level although a couple of years older…but better than Moore at the level snd a couple of years younger. So there are decent goal scoring strikers out there and one where we could reasonable expect to pay no more than £5m for.

So £12m would give us the chance to bring in potentially 3 decent players at least.

The problem is whether a. The money will be reinvested and b. Reinvested well. The later part is where I have my doubts.

If we sell because we need the money, I can’t see us reinvesting massively.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:03 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Blue78 wrote:

They may very likely be the case, but we also all know how light we are in certain positions and maybe the only way to fund that it to sell Moore. Without a cash income there is no way we can be adding to the squad.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:21 pm

Blue78 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Blue78 wrote:

They may very likely be the case, but we also all know how light we are in certain positions and maybe the only way to fund that it to sell Moore. Without a cash income there is no way we can be adding to the squad.

I see your points too mate. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. It’s probably BS anyway lol

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:39 pm

maccydee wrote:
castleblue wrote:Southampton have paid over £15m for Adam Armstrong and Wolves are about to sell Traore to Spurs for a reported £40m and Man Utd want Neves at around £25m. What price KM in those circumstances? £15m should be the starting point or £12m plus Giles if all of this is true. Sadly IF we were to get over £10m how much would MM get to replace KM, DIDDLY SQUAT probably.

My worry is the club will shit the bed on this one IF a £7m bid comes in for KM.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

£15 million for Armstrong actually works against us.

He’s younger, has had two seasons scoring at championship level. Just an all round more valuable player.

I love Moore but he’s not worth the same as Armstrong. I mean we all say Armstrong play last year didn’t we?

Any comparison with people who have done it at premier league level (Traore) are like comparing league one players to Kiefer.

Good to see some sense. Armstrong is a better player, a better investment. I'd think 7m is about right for moore, but his value in our situation is higher.

Hypothetical I know, but if you could stretch to 9 or 10m for moore and spend half of that on Clarke Harris I'd take that.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:10 am

Mc Bernie went from the Jacks to Sheff Utd for 20 Million and he is crap. Why are we always prepared to accept low offers for our players.
7 Million is a poor offer. Hold out for what we want like other clubs do.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:36 am

Blueberry Jam wrote:Mc Bernie went from the Jacks to Sheff Utd for 20 Million and he is crap. Why are we always prepared to accept low offers for our players.
7 Million is a poor offer. Hold out for what we want like other clubs do.

We haven't had a bid and importantly it's clear we would reject an offer such as this.

Personally if we could get 12m plus Giles I would accept if we could get 2 quality replacements.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:44 am

BLUEBERRY JAM

Totally agree
Glatzel paid 5 million madine 6 million both went for next to nothing.

Re: KIEFFER MOORE BID being lined up

Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:22 am

nojac wrote:Lukuku and Moore same age , one £98m the other £7m surely there's not £90m difference between them . We should not accept a bid less than £15m . Or £10m and Giles ?

Fully agree. 15m or 10m plus Giles I could not argue with either offer. Although as a fan I hope he stays of course.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:34 am

They're arguing in the Wolves forum that he's not worth the 7m to just sit in the bench. A journeyman aging striker that can only use his head. Only some have seen him play however.

Overall, they're not keen, probably cos he's not Portuguese.

I'd agree. He's rubbish, really bad. Leave him with us please.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:For me Kieffer Moore is worth £15mill end off.

Agree, and that's minimum.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:38 am

An interesting debate considering it all seems just a rumour for now.

My view is that the club will definitely sell if a bid comes in around 7mill.

There’s a lot of debating about what he’s worth and some are mentioning 15mill which IMO will never happen for a guy who’s 30 next year. I think people expecting this amount are dreaming.
He’s only worth what a club will bid and City will sell.
Personally, I think a bid (if it happens) will be accepted around 7mill or just over.

Take Grealish for example.
Most on here will say he’s never worth 100mill but Man City payed that so that’s what he’s worth!

The other point is while I think he’s happy here at Cardiff, if he’s gets offered double or even treble his salary then he’ll probably be pushing to move and at 29yrs old who could blame him?

Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:12 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:An interesting debate considering it all seems just a rumour for now.

My view is that the club will definitely sell if a bid comes in around 7mill.

There’s a lot of debating about what he’s worth and some are mentioning 15mill which IMO will never happen for a guy who’s 30 next year. I think people expecting this amount are dreaming.
He’s only worth what a club will bid and City will sell.
Personally, I think a bid (if it happens) will be accepted around 7mill or just over.

Take Grealish for example.
Most on here will say he’s never worth 100mill but Man City payed that so that’s what he’s worth!

The other point is while I think he’s happy here at Cardiff, if he’s gets offered double or even treble his salary then he’ll probably be pushing to move and at 29yrs old who could blame him?

I agree with all of that. I hope we hold out for more but I fear the ££ will be too appealing.