Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Your best bit of memorabilia

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:08 am

Come on then, what Cardiff City memorabilia do you own that you are most proud of?

I'll start -

Framed newspaper of the 2003 2nd division play off final signed by Andy Campbell :thumbup:

Re: Your best bit of memorabilia

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:21 am

Ive got a Cardiff City programme 1921, I have both Cup Finals 1925 & 27, plus, newspapers and original badges from those matches. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:38 pm

Framed poster advertising the second leg of our European Cup Winners Cup Quarter Final against Real Madrid out in Spain 50 years ago. Poster signed by all the City team. :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:02 pm

2008 FA Cup final programme signed by Whitts :notworthy:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:06 pm

I’ve got a chunk of the scoreboard from Fratton Park Portsmouth :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:15 pm

theclaw wrote:2008 FA Cup final programme signed by Whitts :notworthy:

Wish I had something with Whitts on.

I’ve got programs from qpr playoff, both Wembley finals. I have got Andy leggs sock somewhere from qpr game lol (he through it into crowd and I caught it )

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:44 pm

Nothing worth anything, but the flag we swopped with a Belgian fan straight after the final whistle blew in Lille. That night will live with me forever and that flag reminds me of that moment when the whistle went and it dawned on me that we were in the semis!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ive got a Cardiff City programme 1921, I have both Cup Finals 1925 & 27, plus, newspapers and original badges from those matches. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Superb and very valuable.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:45 pm

My blue white and yellow scarf from my first season 75/76.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:05 pm

Had a shin pad signed by Blakey. But wore it a week later and the ink sweated off :lol:

Still got the t-shirt from the season we went up as 3rd division champions signed by squad. Will frame it one day.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:25 pm

A framed photo of my lad who was mascot for the Posh game in 2012 being led out by Whitts, who has his arm around his shoulder. Absolute gent.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:09 am

A programme for the game between Ebbw Vale and Cardiff in the Welsh Cup 1963/64. I have only ever seen one in 40 years of collecting. It's very valuable and would cost the same to buy as 3 pre War ones.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:03 am

Marshall’s worn jersey from his 250th appearance signed by him and all the players wishing me luck on my move to Canada

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:15 am

Nothing exceptional but I've got the away programme for City v NAC Breda during our run to the 1967-68 ECWC semi final

A random programme signed amongst others by Ernie Curtis, who played in the 1927 cup final.

Oh nearly forgot, still got a World Cup Willie badge from 1966 !

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:58 am

Got all the programmes from the '68 ECWC run as I went to the matches. Got a bit musty now and I'd never sell them, not least as my Dad's handwriting is on the team list where he made changes after the tannoy announcements. Also have the Real Madrid one as I was there in the Enclosure. We paid extra to avoid the crush in the Bob Bank.

I've got every book about City that I can get as I've got about 200 football books in total, mainly pre-1960 but the only Cardiff connections are ones on John Charles, the Welsh Lewandowksi

I used to have a City away shirt from the early 60's (white, v neck, blue borders). My ex wife chucked it out in a psychopathic moment.

Oh.........and programme my first match at NP - Wales vs N Ireland u15s. Sat in the Canton Stand 1965 or 66 I think

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Malky Mackay's actual tracksuit. :thumbright: