Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mick McCarthy: It is out of my hands regarding Kieffer Moore

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:33 am

Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy says he isn't worried about Kieffer Moore's future, despite reports linking the striker with a move to the Premier League.

"I don't worry about things I can't do anything about. If somebody comes in with a sum of money, I'm sure the club would consider it."

Monday 23rd August 2021

A supposed offer of £7million is expected from Wolves this week.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=223414

However, he admits the Bluebirds would likely be tempted should a lucrative offer come in for the Wales international.

Moore netted 20 goals in 42 appearances for Cardiff last season, and he was also a key part of Rob Page's Wales squad at Euro 2020, scoring in the 1-1 draw with Switzerland.

Saturday saw him earn his first start of the season, with McCarthy previously handing him three outings from the bench, and he is widely expected to be a big part of Cardiff's plans for the new campaign.

According to Football Insider, Wolves have seemingly become admirers of the 29-year-old, and are potentially weighing up an offer believed to be around £7m as they look for a centre-forward capable of providing competition for Raul Jimenez, with 19-year-old Fabio Silva the only other option at Bruno Lage's disposal.

With the end of the summer window approaching, news of interest in Moore will arguably be welcomed with a great sense of unease in the capital, although McCarthy himself insists he isn't losing sleep over the situation.

MICK McCARTHY:

Asked if he was worried about losing his star striker following the 3-1 win over Millwall, he replied: "No.

"I don't worry about things I can't do anything about. If somebody comes in with a sum of money, I'm sure the club would consider it."

"I hope that's not the case. But I'm not going to sit here and worry about it.

"Not at all."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mick McCarthy: It is out of my hands regarding Kieffer M

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:00 am

Why should he worry?

Sounds like we can move on without Moore. Perhaps MM thinks we have enough cover in that position especially with Flint showing interest there.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:09 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Why should he worry?

Sounds like we can move on without Moore. Perhaps MM thinks we have enough cover in that position especially with Flint showing interest there.

That made me laugh

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:11 am

maccydee wrote:

That made me laugh

I'm a barrel of laughs.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:13 am

With comments like that it's as if he's trying to tempt clubs to bid for him because we will likely accept any decent offer, should be saying not for sale end of

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:15 am

Mick does say he has plenty of cover in all positions and keeps saying it Ian, so if Moore goes and we go backwards I would expect Mick to take some of the blame.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:

A
Mick does say he has plenty of cover in all positions and keeps saying it Ian, so if Moore goes and we go backwards I would expect Mick to take some of the blame.

A replacement would be essential. Bit like when we replaced Toshack with Warboys.
It's bollocks for MM to say there's cover within the club..
If Moore is, sold, I would like to see,quicker type of forward like Clarke, what's his name, at Peterborougb.
Last edited by stickywicket on Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:29 am

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A

, replacement would be essential. Bit like when we replaced Toshack with Warboys.
If Moore is, sold, I would like to a, quicker trpe of forward like Clarke, what's his name, at Peterborougb.

I was there to watch Clarke. He would be the perfect replacement.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:13 am

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A

A replacement would be essential. Bit like when we replaced Toshack with Warboys.
If Moore is, sold, I would like to see,quicker type of forward like Clarke, what's his name, at Peterborougb.

It would be a gamble to go without properly replacing KM, but I have been impressed with Zimba our U23 striker. I not saying he would definitely provide an adequate replacement to KM but I would like to see him given a chance and I have a gut feeling he would do well.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:15 am

Problem is Clark Harris would cost about the same amount as Moore. If the club sell it would be to raise money not to spend it immediately. If we got a replacement it would probably be that six foot ten bloke Hudin I think his name was. Any chance of the playoffs gone if we sell Moore in my opinion. Maybe Gary Madine deserves another chance he wouldn't cost much.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:33 am

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A

thing is Clarke Harris has himself been linked to Stoke, WBA , Bournemouth and Rangers in the last few weeks.... so dont see us having a bargain buy there...

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:30 pm

Mick is just being honest he would love to say not for sale forget it but with our owners we all know he will be gone so why should Mick make himself look daft.

I do not think 7 million is close for a striker in todays game who scores 20 goals in a season so really hope they do not sell that cheap.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:45 pm

If moore goes for 7 million less than zohore ffs hoe rediclious from the board to accept 7mill what an insult from wolves anyway cheeky b.st.rds this imo would completly f.ck up our season.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:26 pm

montyblue wrote:If moore goes for 7 million less than zohore ffs hoe rediclious from the board to accept 7mill what an insult from wolves anyway cheeky b.st.rds this imo would completly f.ck up our season.

To be fair (to Wolves), we don't know they have put in a bid or, if they have (which I doubt at this moment) at what valuation they initially see Moore. Either way, it would just be an opening salvo...

It's never as clear cut as we are led to believe, so let's just see what, if anything, develops... :thumbup:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Money in the bank is very nice for the club, but to lose Kieffer Moore, who has become our most influential strikers in a long while would be a real downer on our fans.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:13 pm

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A

Disagree with your Toshack analogy. When we sold him, we were flying high and nobody in the division could get anywhere near him in the air. It was telling that it was Liverpool who prised him away from us, one of the top two teams in the country at the time, not a lower half Prem team.

Plus, we went on a downward spiral after he left us and people still talk about it 50 years on. Keiffer is good but nowhere near as influential and important to us as Tosh was.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:16 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A

Disagree with your Toshack analogy. When we sold him, we were flying high and nobody in the division could get anywhere near him in the air. It was telling that it was Liverpool who prised him away from us, one of the top two teams in the country at the time, not a lower half Prem team.

Plus, we went on a downward spiral after he left us and people still talk about it 50 years on. Keiffer is good but nowhere near as influential and important to us as Tosh was.

I’ve heard the Toshavk comparison many times over the years.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:17 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Money in the bank is very nice for the club, but to lose Kieffer Moore, who has become our most influential strikers in a long while would be a real downer on our fans.

might not happen mate ..its that time of the year for rumours.. think there might be quite a few more this week...

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A

I’ve heard the Toshavk comparison many times over the years.

Which only proves my point that the Toshack sale was the most telling transaction undertaken by the club in the last 50 years. Nothing else really comes close when considering the negative impact it had on the club and its followers in the ensuing years.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Would rather we don’t sell at all !! But if we have to then money plus Giles please….