Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Giles has a RECALL clause

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:19 pm

Can be recalled in January if Wolves desired. I would say that they wouldnt recall him over their other options in midfield but he has been such a revelation for us already.

PLUS Wolves recalled him last Jan so they aren't afraid to bring him back to the Molineux if need be

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/america ... uxbndlbing

Re: Giles has a RECALL clause

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:29 pm

The conspiracy theorists on here will have us believe his continuation at the CCS will depend on whether we give them Keiffer Moore on a free transfer...! ;) :laughing6:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:52 pm

A real worry for me as we don't have anybody else with anything like the same ability for getting quality crosses in, so if Wolves decide to either recall or move him in January we'll have a problem.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:18 am

Yes he can be recalled but would it be practical for Wolves to do that even if we keep Moore here?

Giles is now in the shop window and will attract attention if he continues performing the way he is. Wolves will be saying his price tag is rising with Cardiff paying part of his wages. It just would not make sense to recall him while he is on a role regardless if we turn down their offer for Moore.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:07 am

I believe last season , he was recalled because he wasn't playing many games .
He will play most games for us . He also last season was used as a full back or wing back . For us he is playing as a secondary 10 . Which must be advantageous to Wolves, to see how he pans out this season ! A no.10 is of much more value than a full back !

Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:00 am

I'm sure I read somewhere that we were chosen as it suited his play. I.e. crosses. A perfect match. Good for all parties. Unless they want him to play for them, I can't see him being recalled.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:58 pm

It's quite normal for players to have release clauses that come into effect during the January window.

I'm not too concerned to be honest, Wolves have some real quality around that area. Whilst he may provide another option for them, I don't see him as a starter and I think Wolves would agree its better for Giles to be playing week in week out at this stage of his development, rather than as a squad player.