Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VAR IS BACK!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 pm

Var is back hello var is back hello .....Leicester player sent of for nasty looking tackle that was not spotted by mr Oliver but var said take look on monitor and was only one outcome a red card! Was a bad unessasry tackle.

Re: VAR IS BACK!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:15 pm

I don't think Michael Oliver had any choice after looking at the screen.

I know Perez was off balance, but his foot was far too high and it's dangerous play.

He's lucky that everyone will be talking about Michail Antonio's brilliant goal, because it was a horrible challenge.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:25 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I don't think Michael Oliver had any choice after looking at the screen.

I know Perez was off balance, but his foot was far too high and it's dangerous play.

He's lucky that everyone will be talking about Michail Antonio's brilliant goal, because it was a horrible challenge.

Get the impression it was deliberate as well... as for var it still deciding offside by 1 inch over the weekend a player ran to get to ball goalie wiped him out brilliantly red card for certain but var said was offside 1st by 1INCH! if that so somethings don't change... :mrgreen:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I don't think Michael Oliver had any choice after looking at the screen.

Get the impression it was deliberate as well... as for var it still deciding offside by 1 inch over the weekend a player ran to get to ball goalie wiped him out brilliantly red card for certain but var said was offside 1st by 1INCH! if that so somethings don't change... :mrgreen:

Saw that, thicker lines making no difference then :lol:

But referees still letting the game flow which is good, pleased VAR didn't disallow Southampton's goal yesterday just because Fernandes was brushed off the ball - that would have been a foul last season.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Saw that, thicker lines making no difference then :lol:

But referees still letting the game flow which is good, pleased VAR didn't disallow Southampton's goal yesterday just because Fernandes was brushed off the ball - that would have been a foul last season.

Klopp and olly not happy want it to go back to being a non contact sport like last season as it's to rough for their players? One even said its getting llike rugby :lol: ....... jeenus joked they expect centre halves to be protected? :laughing5:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:21 pm

Var used in liverpool chelsea game Chelsea player handball on line ref revues on screen result red card and pen cannot complain but chelsea annoyed in the extreme...
Halftime should be interesting. :D

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Var used in liverpool chelsea game Chelsea player handball on line ref revues on screen result red card and pen cannot complain but chelsea annoyed in the extreme...

I think he got it spot on. No idea why Chelsea are complaining so much.

Although it came off his leg first, Reece James' arm clearly swung as the ball hit it. He was stood on the goal-line as well.

So he's denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. If it's a penalty, it has to be a red card. It can't just be a penalty and a yellow card.

In my opinion, the correct decision was made.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Var used in liverpool chelsea game Chelsea player handball on line ref revues on screen result red card and pen cannot complain but chelsea annoyed in the extreme...

I think he got it spot on. No idea why Chelsea are complaining so much.

Although it came off his leg first, Reece James' arm clearly swung as the ball hit it. He was stood on the goal-line as well.

So he's denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. If it's a penalty, it has to be a red card. It can't just be a penalty and a yellow card.

In my opinion, the correct decision was made.

Yes if just left his hand by side probably gets away with it.... chelsea say hit thigh 1st which it did but his hand made movement to the ball which cancels out thigh.....Jimmy floyd said was penalty but shouldn't be red card? Unfortunately one follows the other in this case... not heared much about var this season thankfully :D

Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:08 am

Mainly positive VAR decisions this weekend and referees letting the game flow with some crunching tackles

Have to say VAR seems to be sorting itself out slowly; and I'm not a fan of it...

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:54 am

Sven wrote:Mainly positive VAR decisions this weekend and referees letting the game flow with some crunching tackles

Have to say VAR seems to be sorting itself out slowly; and I'm not a fan of it...

Chris of all the var decisions I've seen over wkend cannot argue against any of them and two like one talking about were marginal they were correct...see 40k chelski fans sign petition to have Taylor banned from officiating in their games.. :laughing6:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:45 pm

Another good day for it.... pogba took ball away from neves who looked at ref after ball gone then decided he was injured and went down var clearly showed he was not touched utd went on to score from the following move.... wolves manager unhappy as you'd expect....bet ollie doesnt think getting like rugby after been given advantage by var? :laughing6:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Another good day for it.... pogba took ball away from neves who looked at ref after ball gone then decided he was injured and went down var clearly showed he was not touched utd went on to score from the following move.... wolves manager unhappy as you'd expect....bet ollie doesnt think getting like rugby after been given advantage by var? :laughing6:

Correct decision again.

I saw Ole backtracking from last week's comments :lol:

Not surprising though, pressure on him now. Their fans will be expecting them to compete for trophies now they have Ronaldo back. If they don't, Ole will take the blame.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Another good day for it.... pogba took ball away from neves who looked at ref after ball gone then decided he was injured and went down var clearly showed he was not touched utd went on to score from the following move.... wolves manager unhappy as you'd expect....bet ollie doesnt think getting like rugby after been given advantage by var? :laughing6:

Correct decision again.

I saw Ole backtracking from last week's comments :lol:

Not surprising though, pressure on him now. Their fans will be expecting them to compete for trophies now they have Ronaldo back. If they don't, Ole will take the blame.

Ned he'll be gone end of season if fails to win league or champions league .....

Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:27 pm

Watching the Texas derby in mls (sad I know) and var there doesn't use the lines for offside? Result on revue a player looked marginally offside but because they dont use lines its deemed not an obvious mistake so goal allowed.... here it would certainly have been disallowed being 1inch offside... :mrgreen:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Watching the Texas derby in mls (sad I know) and var there doesn't use the lines for offside? Result on revue a player looked marginally offside but because they dont use lines its deemed not an obvious mistake so goal allowed.... here it would certainly have been disallowed being 1inch offside... :mrgreen:

Another incident player shoots I I thought goalie saved ball but it actually hit defenders hand players made nothing of it took a replay
To see what happened? here undoubtedly var would get involved and could gone either way..
Good game 5-3 to Dallas over Austin 85mins