Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This board lately

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:12 am

It's getting very moany, why didn't we make him a coach, or keep him, or we can't possibly let him go!

Then when we have signed players, we should never have signed him, and why the feck did we give him a contract, why aren't there any youngsters coming through, let's sign experienced players youngsters aren't ready, in fairness Mick can't win!!!!!

Yep I know I'm also guilty on occasions :thumbup:

Re: This board lately

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:28 am

Bluebina wrote:It's getting very moany, why didn't we make him a coach, or keep him, or we can't possibly let him go!

Then when we have signed players, we should never have signed him, and why the feck did we give him a contract, why aren't there any youngsters coming through, let's sign experienced players youngsters aren't ready, in fairness Mick can't win!!!!!

Bang on ,for years people slated the academy ,now the club are trying to integrate a few of the academy players ,the club bashers aint happy ,the club can never win with some supporters.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:39 am

We all complain at some stage about the club and given their mistakes ect thats fair.... but there is a lot of anti club rhetoric when its obviously the situation is not the clubs fault? Not a lot this board can do about it as the posters tend to have multiple names that they use ad hoc that been dormant for years sometimes ... . The other point about this if you stick up for the club you tend to be accused of being tan lovers or similar rather than as people giving alternative view of someones very biased viewpoint .

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:49 am

pembroke allan wrote:We all complain at some stage about the club and given their mistakes ect thats fair.... but there is a lot of anti club rhetoric when its obviously the situation is not the clubs fault? Not a lot this board can do about it as the posters tend to have multiple names that they use ad hoc that been dormant for years sometimes ... . The other point about this if you stick up for the club you tend to be accused of being tan lovers or similar rather than as people giving alternative view of someones very biased viewpoint .

I agree, things are fairly positive at the moment we've had a good start and had a really good couple of transfer windows since Mick has been here. He's opened the door for the academy players and they are really taking their chances, he's working to a strict budget because we are not Barcelona and we can't buy and keep whoever we want!

He's getting on with the job, not jumping up and down and moaning, we have players like Pack and Flint playing out of their skin, we should be happy he's doing a fantastic job with limited resources!

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:55 am

Agreed and not even Barcelona could keep Messi.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:07 pm

There’s a daily message slating the club.

Then Always City (amongst other with similar writing style) comes on and piles on too. Then the Facebook messages of support.

Worst part is that it’s so easy to rebutt all of them because, as you said they are so hypocritical.

Same people saying no ambition moan about the debt. They try and use all arguments to support their POV.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:We all complain at some stage about the club and given their mistakes ect thats fair.... but there is a lot of anti club rhetoric when its obviously the situation is not the clubs fault? Not a lot this board can do about it as the posters tend to have multiple names that they use ad hoc that been dormant for years sometimes ... . The other point about this if you stick up for the club you tend to be accused of being tan lovers or similar rather than as people giving alternative view of someones very biased viewpoint .

Such is life at the moment, everyone has to pick a side & blindly follow it no matter what. Even a lot of the older people have fallen into the trap :old: :old: :old:

As a sort of famous chimp once said, the internet should have stopped at cat videos & we would all be better off, or words to that effect.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:44 pm

Bluebina wrote:It's getting very moany, why didn't we make him a coach, or keep him, or we can't possibly let him go!

Looking at the date you joined here you should know that this forum has always had a degree of moaners.

We’re all guilty of it at times though but some of the posters are so obvious.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:45 pm

maccydee wrote:There’s a daily message slating the club.

Then Always City (amongst other with similar writing style) comes on and piles on too. Then the Facebook messages of support.

Worst part is that it’s so easy to rebutt all of them because, as you said they are so hypocritical.

Same people saying no ambition moan about the debt. They try and use all arguments to support their POV.

Good post.

Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:23 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Looking at the date you joined here you should know that this forum has always had a degree of moaners.

We’re all guilty of it at times though but some of the posters are so obvious.

True but I think it's got a lot worse, probably because of social media, covid and the lockdowns, I think a lot of people have become very negative and moan for very little reason.

Ask anyone that deals with the public, it's getting pretty difficult for them at the moment, and this board reflects society as a whole I suppose?

Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:49 am

To be fair, there are always times where 'real' footballing topics are a bit thin on the ground and the relatively 'closed door' policy of the current regime (admirable in some circumstances) doesn't help matters of debate

However, you are correct in what you say and certain individuals need to make their minds up do they want to 'blood' the youngsters or spend £millions on players who may or may not fit

Seeing as the latter no longer appears to be policy, let's all be proper 'supporters' and just get behind manager and players and see where we end up...

I'm pretty certain we're not relegation fodder and you never know, like his mate Neil ap Warnock, Mick McCarthy might just spring a surprise...

We (well, most) live in hope...! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:50 am

Sven, I think you could be right about us possibly “springing a surprise” this season. The long throw stuff seems almost unplayable this season, as opposed to it being relatively wasteful previously. You only have to listen to Darren Ferguson’s post match interview to see that. I love seeing the youngsters come through because of the energy and lack of fear they tend to play with. Dare we say it, albeit quietly, it could be an effective mix of youth and experience this season, despite the long perceived lack of creativity in midfield. It’s going to be an interesting season.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:35 pm

Vaughny72 wrote:Sven, I think you could be right about us possibly “springing a surprise” this season. The long throw stuff seems almost unplayable this season, as opposed to it being relatively wasteful previously. You only have to listen to Darren Ferguson’s post match interview to see that. I love seeing the youngsters come through because of the energy and lack of fear they tend to play with. Dare we say it, albeit quietly, it could be an effective mix of youth and experience this season, despite the long perceived lack of creativity in midfield. It’s going to be an interesting season.

I agree. I thought Millwall were possibly the best equipped side in the division to deal with the physical nature of our game and we know what happened there.
We just need to be tight against the Fulham & WBAs of the division and we could well do ok.