Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Fair Play to the Worzel Fans “

Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:29 am

Cardiff City v Bristol City this Saturday 12:30pm

Bristol sold their full allocation 2,453 travelling fans and asked for another 500 but were turned down.

The Worzels have had poor results lately.

Hopefully Cardiff will get 25,000 finally and it’s a Saturday and a local Derby and not on tv :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

And we are doing well on the pitch and undefeated in the Championship :thumbright: :bluebird: and only only 3 league defeats in our last 26 Championship games :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

And it’s pay on the day and it’s easy to buy tickets :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Re: “ Fair Play to the Worzel Fans “

Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:53 am

Any reason why the additional 500 were turned down - I would imagine it would be based on consultation with the police etc.

Are there any restrictions for them for travelling ?

Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:59 am

Lock up your daughters, they’re on their way :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:26 pm

How much is the club charging their fans on Saturday?

Seem to remember that they charge over £30 to away fans at Gashton Gate.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:15 pm

evil c wrote:Lock up your daughters, they’re on their way :D

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:53 pm

The team whose supporters that I absolutely hate ( and their "police" ), after having broken glass thrown at us in Ashton Gate in the late sixties and also seeing a young Cardiff fan being battered on the station platform by a group of much older Bristol fans, while the police just held the train doors shut to stop us getting out to help him!

They were total scumbags!

Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:51 pm

evil c wrote:Lock up your daughters, they’re on their way :D

Where do they park them :laughing5:

Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:22 pm

davids wrote:How much is the club charging their fans on Saturday?

Seem to remember that they charge over £30 to away fans at Gashton Gate.

its based on what walk up home fans are charged in a similar part of the ground.....not sure what that is for Saturday but think we will be paying £33 at theirs...

Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City v Bristol City this Saturday 12:30pm

Bristol sold their full allocation 2,453 travelling fans and asked for another 500 but were turned down.

Hopefully Cardiff will get 25,000 finally and it’s a Saturday and a local Derby and not on tv :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

And we are doing well on the pitch and undefeated in the Championship :thumbright: :bluebird: and only only 3 league defeats in our last 26 Championship games :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

And it’s pay on the day and it’s easy to buy tickets :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Annis, why would we get 25k?

Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:54 pm

nubbsy wrote:

I’d say we had around 17.5K of city fans v Millwall. Add that to the Worzels allocation and it gives us 20K. Based on the fact it’s a derby and we’ve been doing pretty well I’d expect another 2K on that so I’m expecting 22K but hoping for more

Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:58 pm

21500 to 22000 with that following

Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:59 pm

nubbsy wrote:

i dont see it either....we only broke the 25k mark half a dozen times when going up as champions under Malky.... i think anything over 20k will be decent...

Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:58 pm

21,333! Come on city!!!

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:44 am

nubbsy wrote:

Jack,

Why not???

Are we not a big club and South Wales had 1.5mill, it’s a local Derby and we have 250,000 on our fan base :bluebird:

If it was v Leeds, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs etc etc we would , would we not???

So why not ???

Is our fan base that fickle ?

I honestly don’t understand why not??

Or are we all Xmas shopping already

Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I’d say we had around 17.5K of city fans v Millwall. Add that to the Worzels allocation and it gives us 20K. Based on the fact it’s a derby and we’ve been doing pretty well I’d expect another 2K on that so I’m expecting 22K but hoping for more

Pre sale tickets looking far better than the last 2 league games , only a handfull of Canton stand tickets left and i notice they have taken block 117 off sale of the Ninian stand
im going for 23k

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Jack,

Why not???

Are we not a big club and South Wales had 1.5mill, it’s a local Derby and we have 250,000 on our fan base :bluebird:

So why not ???

I agree but potential and what happens are usually 2 different things. I hope you are right mate but I'm going for around 21k!

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:24 am

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Jack,

Why not???

So why not ???

I agree but potential and what happens are usually 2 different things. I hope you are right mate but I'm going for around 21k!

Jack,

We have had 20 years now of not being lower than Championship level, our support now should be high and consistent.

I have a feeling we will hit 25,000 plus this Saturday and rightly so :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:56 am

This old debate again.
City are not a very well supported club. :old:
In the 70-71 campaign when we nearly got promoted to Div 1, crowds were low to mid 20,000 when the stadium held 50,000.
Apart from some Cup games around that period (Madrid, Leeds, Everton) and the freakish Hereford game attendances were nowhere near those attained by those clubs in the hotbeds of football.
It is no argument to say City had 50000+ in the early 60’s for the odd game. Lots of clubs did.
Neither is it valid to say we took 40000 to Wembley as all other clubs do. A lot of those are one off ‘fans.’
Or to say we had 30000 I n the PL. How many of those never came back after being relegated?
I won’t dwell on the really low gates of the 80-90 period :roll:

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:19 pm

The clubs with biggest fan bases /crowds are the ones who have spent most seasons in the top division.we have only there for two seasons in last 50 years.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:01 pm

This is a derby for Cardiff..

"I know it is.

It’s always good to get that out the way!

When I am playing against them I hate the lot of them… I’m just supposed to hate these teams a little bit more!

I understand derbies, I’ve been around long enough now.

This is a big one for us."

McCarthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:07 pm

skiprat wrote:The clubs with biggest fan bases /crowds are the ones who have spent most seasons in the top division.we have only there for two seasons in last 50 years.

agree, we need a sustained period in the premier league

Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:26 pm

I believe the reason is because the traffic congestion on the M4 this side of the bridge caused by 3000 tractors would be too chaotic for the highways to control.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:45 am

nubbsy wrote:

Deep down he knows it's unlikely, but most should realise by now that he likes to make statements like this, so he can use the attendance as a stick to beat the fans with when the it falls short.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Deep down he knows it's unlikely, but most should realise by now that he likes to make statements like this, so he can use the attendance as a stick to beat the fans with when the it falls short.

That’s harsh.
I think Annis is trying to drum up support and get them off their backsides to support the team. Nothing wrong with that surely.
Personally I think we’ll get 22,500 ish

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:59 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I am actually trying to get the excitement going and get more fans to go. But their is always one.

I am actually trying to get the fans excited and get more through the turnstiles, and as you know I am in to attendances big time.

A lot of our fans get excited of the away team are bringing a big following.

But their is always one looking to have a dig and twist ,very sad.