Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Cardiff City v Bristol City?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:30 am

Cardiff City win (19/20)
100%
Bristol City win (3/1)
No votes
Draw (12/5)
No votes

Total votes : 16

Re: MATCH THREAD: " CARDIFF CITY v BRISTOL CITY " MATCH THR

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:50 pm

GOAL! Cardiff City 1-1 Bristol City (Own goal Bentley 59)
Goal! Moore's cross is deflected home! :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:54 pm

Bagan does well to clear a dangerous Robins cross there. Had a solid game at the back, the youngster.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:55 pm

Weimann tries his luck from the corner of the box, but Phillips gets down smartly.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:57 pm

Semenyo on for Andy King.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:00 pm

We are useless

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:01 pm

Looks like my 1-2 prediction is spot on Sven what do you have to say about that? negative or just plain spot on?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:02 pm

What a finish 1-2 :cry: :cry:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:03 pm

Annis our defending was awful and despite looking likely to maybe get winner we gave another awful goal away

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:04 pm

Bacuna off, Colwill on.

Sang off, Collins on.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:05 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:We are useless

No 'we' in it; you have to be a real supporter to be in it together and that's simply not you...! ;) :oops:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:06 pm

We get back in the game then stop playing! Typical.

Both wingbacks been hopeless today.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Does that mean I cannot use my football knowledge to predict a loss when I feel we will lose? you might feel you are a better supporter (you are not) but your knowledge of football is not very good. You are probably the type to know a lot of football trivia but not actually the game itself

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:09 pm

Giles lofts a lovely ball into the box, but Bentley catches.

Flint runs into him and knocks him over the line. Cardiff fans think it's a goal, they're luck's not in, though.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:14 pm

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:14 pm

Ralls crosses to Collins, but his header is saved - at a nice height - by Bentley.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:16 pm

Ralls what are you doing

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:18 pm

We won’t score another one if we play until next Saturday. This is shocking! A Sunday league side plays better football than us.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:19 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Does that mean I cannot use my football knowledge to predict a loss when I feel we will lose? you might feel you are a better supporter (you are not) but your knowledge of football is not very good. You are probably the type to know a lot of football trivia but not actually the game itself

Well, given the absence EVER of anything positive from you, I beg to differ...

I know my own limitations and have owned up to them on more than one occasion...

My knowledge of lots of things is pretty high, including knowing a deliberate troll whenI see one...

Bluebirds more than playing their part in this entertaining game; but all you want to see is negativity...

Over to you... :oops:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:19 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:20,891

I was only 400 out then! Who said over 25k??

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:20 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:We won’t score another one if we play until next Saturday. This is shocking! A Sunday league side plays better football than us.

Bit of an exaggeration. We've played some decent stuff today at times. Just not positive enough. We need better than Bagan on the left. Both goals from lapses in concentration today. Also don't need to play 5 at the back.

More positivity needed.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:23 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:We won’t score another one if we play until next Saturday. This is shocking! A Sunday league side plays better football than us.

Bit of an exaggeration. We've played some decent stuff today at times. Just not positive enough. We need better than Bagan on the left. Both goals from lapses in concentration today. Also don't need to play 5 at the back.

More positivity needed.

For some it seems, the season is over already!! As you say, stop setting up not to lose all the time!! Id like us to start 2 up top at home, go for the early goal, actually get on top early.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:24 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:

More positivity needed.

Played some decent stuff? Lump it up and hope for a goal? We couldn’t create a f*cking PowerPoint, let alone a clear cut goal scoring opportunity.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:26 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

More positivity needed.

For some it seems, the season is over already!! As you say, stop setting up not to lose all the time!! Id like us to start 2 up top at home, go for the early goal, actually get on top early.

Exactly. A bit unluckt today. One of those days. Nothing for us went in. Everything for them.

I'd like 4231 next week.
The extra defender off for Murphy out wide left. Bagan's delivery isnt great. Need a bit more that side.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:27 pm

I think it’s one of them where being behind and having fans there didn’t help.

When nil nil we played some good stuff. As soon as they scored you could feel the fans being tense and it spread to the players and we started humping it.

Probably fans like Barry welsh.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:45 pm

So the fans were the issue?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:53 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:So the fans were the issue?

They don’t help.

They must be like you and call them shit if they aren’t three up straight away.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:04 pm

maccydee wrote:I think it’s one of them where being behind and having fans there didn’t help.

When nil nil we played some good stuff. As soon as they scored you could feel the fans being tense and it spread to the players and we started humping it.

BarryWelsh88 doesn't attend, Neil; he's an armchair Negativo out for the sport of spoiling... :oops:

We did play some decent stuff but were masters of our own downfall in a couple of areas; playing with 10 men in the absence of Bacuna was certaunly one... :roll:

Our support is tense but that has been the same for some time now (pre-Covid)

The Wurzels outsang for large parts of the game and only the distant (to the away support) Canton Stand made a real effort...

'We only sing when we're winning' is sadly apt for us right now...! :(

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:I think it’s one of them where being behind and having fans there didn’t help.

BarryWelsh88 doesn't attend, Neil; he's an armchair Negativo out for the sport of spoiling... :oops:

We did play some decent stuff but were masters of our own downfall in a couple of areas; playing with 10 men in the absence of Bacuna was certaunly one... :roll:

Our support is tense but that has been the same for some time now (pre-Covid)

The Wurzels outsang for large parts of the game and only the distant (to the away support) Canton Stand made a real effort...

'We only sing when we're winning' is sadly apt for us right now...! :(

I’ve said it numerous times about the support and how it affects the players.